Cedar Fair 2023 Additions

2 minutes ago, Browntggrr said:

Moving Matterhorn & Scrambler is going to turn the volume up on the demise of Corkscrew- which I don't want to see happen.  Ride is meh, but walking under the corkscrew is still really fun.

And zero mention of TTD.

I believe TTD will probably be a soft open next year. It’s something I think the park will evaluate throughout the off season and will see when they want to reopen the ride. As for the Corkscrew demo, I am 100% on the same page however the movement of the flats from that area really makes an argument for the park to put in something new.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Browntggrr said:

Moving Matterhorn & Scrambler is going to turn the volume up on the demise of Corkscrew- which I don't want to see happen.  Ride is meh, but walking under the corkscrew is still really fun.

And zero mention of TTD- other than WM being the 18th coaster.

I wouldn't be shocked if Power Tower moves to the old Scrambler location and Super Himalaya to the old Matterhorn location.  This would allow a new queue for TTD and prevent a narrow midway.

4 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

Kings Island re-introduces Grand Carnivale. It is a great event, but it is nothing new. Kings Island really doesn’t seem to have much new to offer for guests next year. Maybe Diamondback will get a repaint. That should happen anyways, though.

• Like 4

I really, really like all the new additions that were announced for Cedar Fair parks. All of the additions are REALLY solid. I am honestly a bit jealous of all the new areas Carowinds has been getting recently (Carolina Harbor, County Fair, Blue Ridge Junction, and Aeronautica Landing). Area 72’s theming does not look to come close to Aeronautica Landing’s theming.

I just wish that Kings Island got at least something for 2023. Hopefully, the lack of an addition indicates something big in 2024, but I know Mike Koontz mentioned he wanted to add something to Planet Snoopy and Soak City before adding a new rollercoaster. An overhaul of Planet Snoopy or Soak City would be really nice, though.

• Like 3

Sad to see nothing in terms of rides being added for next year, that will make it 3 years (the longest ever I think someone posted) nothing is added, hopefully the park brings some of the small things back we’ve asked about here lately next year, and some new paint for Diamondback. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

27 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

Interesting to note that Gold Season passes for KI are now on sale.  No mention of a new ride or anything for 2023 at KI.  Gold Pass prices are now $130 a person ($124 for renewing passholders).

Canada`s Wonderland has announced their new additions:  https://www.canadaswonderland.com/new-in-2023

This also makes a Kings Island annual pass more expensive than even Cedar Point, which is selling gold passes for $99.  The only park in the chain more expensive is Knott’s Berry Farm who has not announced 2023 pricing yet.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Kings Island re-introduces Grand Carnivale. It is a great event, but it is nothing new. Kings Island really doesn’t seem to have much new to offer for guests next year. Maybe Diamondback will get a repaint. That should happen anyways, though.

I hope it gets the very much needed repaint!

Not surprised KI didn’t receive anything since during the pandemic we received a 30 million dollar giga.

I am very surprised that CGA is receiving a new ride this coming year especially since it will be closing within the next 11 years most likely. 

CW flat ride looks amazing! And a new ride for the kids is a good bonus!

CP boardwalk looks great! Next year KI will be the only park without a wild mouse in the Cedar Fair chain hopefully we get one sometime in the future.

WOF Titan Track looks great! Love the spiral lift hill and excited to see how the ride experience will be! Layout looks great as well!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

Still scratching my head on why they would invest more money into CGA yet not add any flats to Kings Island which really needs them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Kings Island forgot the homework assignment was due today.

But in all seriousness while no one will disagree Carnivale is always welcome, it's not technically NEW. Still hoping for further announcements as KIPR Twitter hasn't posted anything yet about a their New for 23 yet 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

Still scratching my head on why they would invest more money into CGA yet not add any flats to Kings Island which really needs them.

Possibly CF strategically did this with plans to move these brand new rides to other parks when the time comes.

• Like 3

Also from the press release: In addition to new rides and attractions, Cedar Fair will continue to upgrade and expand food and beverage facilities across its portfolio in 2023, with a focus on providing signature menu and beverage items that tap into consumers’ cravings for unique flavors and experiences they can’t find anywhere else. These capital investments also will be aimed at improving the capabilities, technologies and efficiencies of the parks’ food preparation and delivery systems.

If I were to guess, our new addition is probably a new restaurant like Farmhouse at CP or Outpost Cafe at KD. It'd be announced over the off-season like Coney BBQ was. We could probably see some current food stands get remodeled with new items. 

• Like 2

It appears from the news announcement (link above) by Cedar Fair they have completed the unveiling, i.e. nothing else to hold out for today.  While I am excited for all the additions at other parks, the big goose egg for Kings Island makes me shake my head.  One flat would have been enough to show ongoing improvements and a nod to those patronizing the park.

Unfortunately capital investments in "food service and delivery systems" and "a full lineup of seasonal events" do not entice me for 2023.  Food is not the driving force to get me into the park.  Myself (and some friends) will be voting with our wallets--no KI next year.  Though we will likely make the trip up to CP and checkout the Boardwalk!

Here's looking forward to 2024!

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

I believe that the flat rides mentioned are already there now and are not new for 2023.

Reading the carefully worded press release the 'recently' is key. 

"Guests can also enjoy the recently expanded and upgraded All-American Corners area."

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

My understanding is they are finishing up projects from before the decision to sell the land and close the park.  If I remember correctly the spokesman even stated when the announcement was made the park would continue to see capital investments including rides.

My feeling is this project was just too far along to easily cancel, they likely had already done the engineering work, purchased the ride, etc.  All that was left was the actual construction work and the contacts were likely already signed for that.

• Like 2

Saw the WOF and Cedar Point announcement videos and I am excited about both. Zambezi Zinger looks cool and unique - a spiral lift on a modern coaster! I also love that Cedar Point is getting a spinning coaster! More and more it seems like KI and Cedar Point’s coaster lineups compliment each other nicely! I also wonder about the relocated rides… could it be for a relocated Dragster midway, or prep for something bigger? Finally, there was no mention of MaxAir being part of the new Boardwalk area. Wonder if that will be getting the axe or moved elsewhere in the park.

Also, that giant flat for Canada’s Wonderland looks insane!

• Like 1

According to the press release from Cedar Fair total Capital expenses for 2023 is the highest ever at $200 million.  It feels like there has to be something more, maybe not rides, but paint, retracking wood coasters, new restaurants, something likely not worthy of being announced today.

2 minutes ago, Kenban said:

According to the press release from Cedar Fair total Capital expenses for 2023 is the highest ever at $200 million.  It feels like there has to be something more, maybe not rides, but paint, retracking wood coasters, new restaurants, something likely not worthy of being announced today.

They’re renovating the Knotts hotel which probably cost at least 50 million I’d have to assume is taking up a big chunk of that money.

• Like 1

i did puchase my gold pass today. So basically a no to pestige and down grade platinum as I went to CP once this year. However to the point of the thread I feel CF is pushing KI as the family park in Ohio and most amusement park publications are indicating a push that way as families spend more $$$ than young people looking for the next 300 foot coasters. So yes the next improvements are probably Planet Snoopy and Soak City and another dining establishment with indoor seating. Would love a water coaster in oak city. Not really surprised with the lack of anything new next season. I know every one on this site is in the  big coaster thrill group. just trying to be real about it.

• Like 7