Construction Marker behind SlingShot’s former area?

Orion13

11 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Imagine something like this: 

Now just choose what dishes to serve lol

Source for pic: https://www.frankenmuth.org/directory/bavarian-inn-restaurant/

german lodge.jpg

I for one would not be excited for this. We already have a Festhaus, which isn't being used to it's full potential. I would much rather see the sky ride return or something akin to Der Spinning Keggers, or some form of flat ride for that part of the park. Currently, it is the ride desert of the park. Only boasting Adventure Express, the park really doesn't have anything to write home about. I for one would be very excited if we saw something like a "reimagined Oktoberfest" renovation like we did with Action Zone a few years ago. German flair in all of the restaurants, an actual biergarten that isn't choked by beer sales inside of the Festhaus, the sky ride, der spinning keggers in the plot behind the Coke Marketplace. We have so much potential under the new management with both CF and KI, who wants to flesh out their areas; so I'm not saying it's too far fetched. 

• Like 13

While this is a beautiful building, it would be redundant as @BB1 said above (and now I'm being redundant).  Plus, the sight line of Banshee from right there has so much potential.

A new climate controlled eatery/entertainment destination is needed down the midway in the area formerly known as Coney Mall.  Climate control is missing in this area of the park.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, BB1 said:

I for one would be very excited if we saw something like a "reimagined Oktoberfest" renovation like we did with Action Zone a few years ago.

While there was some good work put into it back in 2014, I'd say that Action Zone is still the area that needs the most work esthetically and ride-wise.

The odds we'll see Congo Falls, Invertigo, The Bat, and Timberwolf all make it to 2030 are slim. I say retheme Action Zone to be a part of Oktoberfest over 2 to 3 years. Oktoberfest is landlocked, and at least that has a true theme unlike Action Zone.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, KI Guy said:

While there was some good work put into it back in 2014, I'd argue that Action Zone is still the area that needs the most work  esthetically and ride-wise.

The odds we'll see Congo Falls, Invertigo, The Bat, and Timberwolf all make it to 2030 are slim. I say retheme Action Zone to be a part of Oktoberfest over 2 to 3 years. Oktoberfest is landlocked, and at least that is a theme unlike Action Zone.

Besides the 50th anniversary and everything, KI could be doing this summer concert series as kind of a last stand for Timberwolf before it could be taken out. Or at least they could do the concerts for another few years or so.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, KI Guy said:

I say retheme Action Zone to be a part of Oktoberfest over 2 to 3 years. Oktoberfest is landlocked, and at least that is a theme unlike Action Zone.

Oooooh. I like this idea a lot. No matter how much nostalgia I have for the Paramount years, Action Zone's theme and design has always been at odds with the rest of the park. Retheming the area to a new and improved Oktoberfest would be a fantastic step back to the park's roots.

Removing Congo Falls and Chicken Shack would open up a ton of real estate that would lend itself nicely to reimagining the area and installing some new flat rides. I'm imagining a lot of parallels to BGW's Oktoberfest area when it comes to retheming the remaining rides, though I'd probably leave Banshee as-is. The Banshee/Bat corner would work great as a spooky church/graveyard sub-area. And, dare I say it, they could actually plant some trees throughout Action Zone.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, KIEagle33 said:

Besides the 50th anniversary and everything, KI could be doing this summer concert series as kind of a last stand for Timberwolf before it could be taken out. Or at least they could do the concerts for another few years or so.

Mike Koontz said at Coasterstock this year is sort of a test to see how successful they are and they are learning about the concert business. He said he plans on doing them next year if they are successful. From what I saw both 3 Doors Down and Skillet brought in pretty good crowds not surprising as those 2 bands had the biggest following. Also, minus the hiccups of the first concert, all the concerts people enjoyed them. I honestly think Timberwolf is here to stay as long as KI is willing to continue putting money into it and use feedback from the bands and fans to see how they can improve Timberwolf. KI still has a lot of land to expand without removing Timberwolf. 

• Like 6

We were talking about this on the Cedar Fair 2023 Additions topic on the Other Amusement Parks and Industry News forum but I feel like we need to talk about this here since I actually have a photo now.FA31BBB5-1676-425B-B27A-4FBFBED688C0.thumb.jpeg.a96debdd30d544d7b636c2d2998146e4.jpeg35D1FD9D-B034-448F-B5C7-74640C8531AD.thumb.jpeg.a5a0978922bea5d17766612fb2a50e81.jpeg

I was waiting to see how long KIC took to notice. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I will echo sentiments that a new indoor eating option somewhere at the farther end of Coney Mall would be welcome. And also that Action Zone is the one area that needs an overhaul the most.

And that the offerings at Festhaus need to be rethought. They have schnitzel this year for the 50th. How about we get some bratwurst?

• Like 3

The Racer turn around would be a great place for new indoor/outdoor dining. Big windows looking out onto the track split. Already has utilities roughed in from Action Theatre days. If they aren’t going to put a fabulous new Phantom Theatre there, then I’d love to see a great new slightly upscale food option there. Even a buffet option. Call it COASTER VIEW or something similar. Maybe take the same idea that they’ve done for the 50th of nostalgia themed dishes. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, brenthodge said:

The Racer turn around would be a great place for new indoor/outdoor dining. Big windows looking out onto the track split. Already has utilities roughed in from Action Theatre days. If they aren’t going to put a fabulous new Phantom Theatre there, then I’d love to see a great new slightly upscale food option there. Even a buffet option. Call it COASTER VIEW or something similar. Maybe take the same idea that they’ve done for the 50th of nostalgia themed dishes. 

I don't think it would go over well in that location.  It's hidden, no one would see it or smell the food cooking.

The most logical location,  in my opinion, is the current location of KillMart.   Visible.  Smellable.  And the backstage area needs to be cleaned up, so this would be  a great reason to do so.  Outside dining with a view of Orion, The Racer and the KMAA?  Inside dining for hot days and cold WinterFest days?  

Of course, my idea has been put forth multiple times here and poo-pooed.  But I'm seeing several in agreement now. @brenthodge, from an artistic standpoint, your idea is wonderful.  But I just don't see it being visible enough to be successful.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I don't think it would go over well in that location.  It's hidden, no one would see it or smell the food cooking.

The most logical location,  in my opinion, is the current location of KillMart.   Visible.  Smellable.  And the backstage area needs to be cleaned up, so this would be  a great reason to do so.  Outside dining with a view of Orion, The Racer and the KMAA?  Inside dining for hot days and cold WinterFest days?  

Of course, my idea has been put forth multiple times here and poo-pooed.  But I'm seeing several in agreement now. @brenthodge, from an artistic standpoint, your idea is wonderful.  But I just don't see it being visible enough to be successful.

The location is the only drawback. It’s just a shame that that end has been so poorly planned and developed over the years. Really wish WindSeeker had gone there in the turn around and they had opened up that whole end years ago. Even doing the restaurant straight at the end. It’s just a wasted cluster of stuff back there. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, brenthodge said:

The location is the only drawback. It’s just a shame that that end has been so poorly planned and developed over the years. Really wish WindSeeker had gone there in the turn around and they had opened up that whole end years ago. Even doing the restaurant straight at the end. It’s just a wasted cluster of stuff back there. 

If Phantom theater does not come back in the form of a full-blown dark ride, I wouldn’t mind seeing the 4d theater house an attraction such as that. I’m not saying put a full dark ride in that building but if the park were to hire a company to create a 4d experience themed around the Phantom theater I think it would go over well. The building is kind of off the beaten path so I think the outside could easily be rethemed to look like an old abandoned theater. 

It wouldn’t have to be one show either, like most 4d theaters they could have multiple shows focusing on different things.

• Like 2

That’s what I’d LOVE. A new Phantom Theatre, the long forgotten crown jewel of the Coney midway is rediscovered in all its decaying glory. Use the Midway mania style ride base with a heavily themed queue and transitions between “acts” of the show with physical props and prop/set animation, then use 3d screen (with “opera glasses”)  for the headliners interactive games. Throw roses to Hilda to score points, throw dynamite sticks at Garbonzo to score, etc. I don’t LOVE the shooting aspect, but I think it would be an easier sell than a full passive dark ride. Then boo blasters could become peanuts or MarDGra’s international scavenger hunt using the characters and locations from Carnivale the following year. 

• Like 4

I think the German feel of the area needs reworked.  Back  in the days of early Kings Island there was so much more in that area.  Just like I think Rivertown needs reworked.  I use to love both of these areas and feel like they changed to much for their names.   I do think KI needs more sit down eat in areas than what they have now.  Like about designing them so you can see some of the area around them while eating.  Panda Express has went down hill the past few years with less choices.  I think that needs work.  

• Like 3

On 8/3/2022 at 5:02 PM, BeeastFarmer said:

This is a wonderful idea! I really hope the park takes your idea and goes with it! 

Does anyone remember what the KillMart building use to be, before it became that? 

• Like 3

Just now, Imperial79 said:

This is a wonderful idea! I really hope the park takes your idea and goes with it! 

Does anyone remember what the KillMart building use to be, before it became that? 

It used to be an arcade

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

I say keep the Slingshot area vacant to create a good Banshee photo op spot. B)  

Put it back to how it was before SlingShot, a landscaped green area (back then, King Cobra vantage, now Banshee). Put some pine trees or something in to spruce it up.

• Like 6