Construction Marker behind SlingShot’s former area?

Orion13

14 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

(39.3440237, -84.2658599)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is farther away from SlingShot than I thought. It is closer to Hank’s Mexican Grill and the VIP Area if I am correct. Interesting. Maybe we will see a couple flat rides in Oktoberfest. One could go where SlingShot was, and another one could go where the VIP Area is.

• Like 1

I would agree that area is saturated with restaurants.  You can stand at that location and see three restaurants (Chicken Shack, Festhaus, and Hank's) and that doesn't count being a short stroll from IS or Coney Mall.  That doesn't even count the ice cream stand by Banshee. 

That area could use a flat.  Doing some quick measuring on Google Earth you could easily fit anything from a Top Scan to a Musik Express to a Teacups style ride.  With the amount of Zamperla flats they are putting in the chain, this is the ride KI needs in that spot (https://www.zamperla.com/products/tea-cup/).  Get rid of that pirate on the top and you can easily bring back a new version of Der Spinning Keggers.  It 1. Fits the theme of the area, 2. give you a super high capacity flat ride (according to their site around 1,500 people an hour), and 3. gives you a ride that easily run during Winterfest.  During Winterfest that area is quite dead and it would help the area tremendously.

ZPL_Rides-TeaCup03.jpg

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Oldschool75 said:

Another marker in Octoberfest. 3b43241423a90204d86ea9e1d7db959e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI --- that's a (somewhat) temporary survey control point.  typically to establish known points with establish coordinates and elevations. Control points are set around and to expand on a site to set up on to perform survey and mapping activities (also used to layout construction as well)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I would agree that area is saturated with restaurants.  You can stand at that location and see three restaurants (Chicken Shack, Festhaus, and Hank's) and that doesn't count being a short stroll from IS or Coney Mall.  That doesn't even count the ice cream stand by Banshee. 

That area could use a flat.  Doing some quick measuring on Google Earth you could easily fit anything from a Top Scan to a Musik Express to a Teacups style ride.  With the amount of Zamperla flats they are putting in the chain, this is the ride KI needs in that spot (https://www.zamperla.com/products/tea-cup/).  Get rid of that pirate on the top and you can easily bring back a new version of Der Spinning Keggers.  It 1. Fits the theme of the area, 2. give you a super high capacity flat ride (according to their site around 1,500 people an hour), and 3. gives you a ride that easily run during Winterfest.  During Winterfest that area is quite dead and it would help the area tremendously.

ZPL_Rides-TeaCup03.jpg

Der Spinning Keggers 2.0!!!!!!!

• Like 5

My guess is a restaurant, and I know there are a lot of restaurants, but that’s also what the chain is focused on right now.  Except for Coney BBQ what dining has Cedar Fair built in the main park from the ground up?  The park has a lot of older restaurants which could likely be more efficient, and modern.  I doubt a new restaurant would be intended to add an additional food service location, my guess is we would see something close after it is complete.

I also do not believe it would just be another food stand with tables scattered around.  Looking at what Canada’s Wonderland is still working on with the Lazy Bear Lodge, or the Pavilion at Cedar Point.  The chain is building larger dining locations, both of those will be multi-level and feature indoor seating and an outdoor patio area on the second floor.  The current VIP lounge feels temporary.  A multilevel building could have an area on the second floor with an indoor section and a private patio devoted to being a VIP lounge.

Although I will say when I went to Cedar Point this spring I left wanting a restaurant like the new Farmhouse.  I really like what they did with the area, and I enjoyed the food.

I also feel if the park was getting a ride, it would have been announced already.  Corporate made it pretty clear the rides were all being announced at the same time for the whole chain.  Could also be the start of work on something for 2024, look at how long Cedar Point has been working on the Grand Pavilion and the Lazy Bear Lodge at Canada’s Wonderland is still under construction and it is supposed to open this year.

• Like 2