Top Gun

PkiJake13

Do you think PKI could replace Top Gun with a inverted coaster. It could be themed to Top Gun as well, it could be custom inverted coaster. It would be newer and would be more popluar then the current Top Gun is. Plus PKI needs an adult inverted coaster, and it would be cool to go thru the woods with your feet dangling. What do you think?

-Jake

Considering how those ideas were on the PKD survey, and that PKD is the only park without a Top Gun, I doubt we will be getting either of them.

We can only hope that we will get a nice B&M Invert or something down the road - maybe when Vortex dies... But I hope that is a long ways off...

We don't need one, but I think it would be cool. Especially a flier. Face/Off is an awesome ride, and a good invert. So is Rugrats. But we will be getting some kind of new BIG coaster in the up coming years. Vortex, FoF and Top Gun wont last forever. And something is going to replace them. And from a business standpoint - it only makes sense to replace a major coaster with another major coaster or kick ass flat. So when the time comes - we will need some kind of new major coaster.

Skycaptain would make a good B&M invert or Vekoma SLC. And both Adams Family and The Core would be appropriate themes for a Dive machine. Me - I would like to see another big wood coaster. Five woodies isn't enough! tongue.gif

We don't need one, but I think it would be cool. Especially a flier. Face/Off is an awesome ride, and a good invert. So is Rugrats. But we will be getting some kind of new BIG coaster in the up coming years. Vortex, FoF and Top Gun wont last forever. And something is going to replace them. And from a business standpoint - it only makes sense to replace a major coaster with another major coaster or kick ass flat. So when the time comes - we will need some kind of new major coaster.

Skycaptain would make a good B&M invert or Vekoma SLC. And both Adams Family and The Core would be appropriate themes for a Dive machine. Me - I would like to see another big wood coaster. Five woodies isn't enough! tongue.gif

wtf, there are only four!

Racer, Beastie, Beast, Son of Beast

Why REPLACE any of them? Take a look at Corkscrew & Gemini at Cedar Point, both are nearing their 30th anniversaries in 2006 & 2008. Both outdating ANY steel coaster at PKI by far. Why remove Top Gun or Vortex at this point? Here is a concept that seems to be lost on PKI.......EXPAND the park and stop REPLACING. Kings Island used to have one of *the* best collection of rides at any park. Sadly, I find the collection rather disappointing these days. I so desperately would love to see the Park expand and build up its collection like it used to be....whether it be thrill rides or family rides.

- Todd

We don't need one, but I think it would be cool.  Especially a flier.  Face/Off is an awesome ride, and a good invert.  So is Rugrats.  But we will be getting some kind of new BIG coaster in the up coming years.  Vortex, FoF and Top Gun wont last forever.  And something is going to replace them.  And from a business standpoint - it only makes sense to replace a major coaster with another major coaster or kick ass flat.  So when the time comes - we will need some kind of new major coaster.

Why REPLACE any of them? Take a look at Corkscrew & Gemini at Cedar Point, both are nearing their 30th anniversaries in 2006 & 2008. Both outdating ANY steel coaster at PKI by far. Why remove Top Gun or Vortex at this point? Here is a concept that seems to be lost on PKI.......EXPAND the park and stop REPLACING. Kings Island used to have one of *the* best collection of rides at any park. Sadly, I find the collection rather disappointing these days. I so desperately would love to see the Park expand and build up its collection like it used to be....whether it be thrill rides or family rides.

- Todd

What you have just coined is Viacom's desire to create more revenue on less money. I doubt it's so much that they'd have to expand, but rather that it gets expensive to maintain the rides after several years.

Yeah, there are still tons of fans of the current Top Gun we have now. Even though it is short, its still a kick ass ride in my opinion, also its one of my favorites to ride. I dont think its going anywhere for quite sometime. biggrin.gif

There is becoming an army of haters for it to. LOL Top Gun guy told me that they are wanting to remove Top Gun very bad, but he fighting them. He wont last long. LOL I dont like TG, but thats what I think.

Yes, I consider Racer and recaR different coasters. They are different experiences. I get a different ride on recaR as I do on Racer. I know RCDB counts it as one - but what I am saying is that there are five different wooden roller coaster experiences you can have. I would like seven or eight. laugh.gif