Kings Island Prestige Pass

Stoan

What are your thoughts on this? Looks like a slightly more expensive subscription plan, as it is a continuous monthly payment (mostly), with extra benefits? 299 for the year for the "basic" and 399 a year for "plus". They appear to be mostly Gold and Platinum passes, with better parking, bring a friend, and a single use fast-pass.

My questions will be:

1 - What does the 2 hour preferred entry mean? Will the rides even be operating by then, half the time rides don't even start at public open

2 - Will this be a limited amount offering, or will half these benefits not really work since sooo many people will get it

3 - Are the bring-a-friend passes open for any day, I know sometimes they limit which days they work.

Some fine print I saw in the email. So I am curious if you get 2 annual, or if this fine print is a bonus "please buy next year" like it normally is.

**Get 1 FREE Fall Bring-A-Friend and 1 FREE Fall Fast Lane Plus to be used between August 4 - October 30, 2022 (Pass must be purchased between 8/4-8/14 for Fast Lane Plus offer). Excludes Saturdays and Sunday 9/4. Your Bring-A-Friend and Fast Lane Plus benefits will be added to your pass and can be redeemed at the park by presenting your valid 2023 Pass. To receive your Bring-A-Friend benefit, visit any ticket booth. And, your Fast Lane Plus can be redeemed at any location that sells Fast Lane. Bring-A-Friend and Fast Lane Plus benefits are valid only on the day redeemed. Additional restrictions apply, please see website for details.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/season-passes/prestige-passes

Prestige.png

• Like 1

So is this a return of a passholder lot like back in Paramount days, unless this is to put you into the existing preferred parking lot?

Looks like the Waterpark will get a VIP area next year, and based on this it appears most/all of the parks will be introducing VIP areas for 2023.

15% Discount is mentioned twice, so do you get to use the discount twice per purchase :P

And you are right, if they do not cap this, the VIP lounges will get overtaken and crowded quickly.

• Like 3

Oh lord.

I don't think it's a 2h early entry, it's likely a special "prestige only" entry line (six flags anyone?)

So really it's a gold pass with these added perks:

1. 5% more of a discount on purchases (15% total)

2. Free VIP area (waterpark/dry park) every visit 

3. Preferred parking 

4. Two Bring a Friend discounts

5. "enhanced" Pass Perks (wow 50% off a pretzel ???

dont know if its really worth the extra ~$200 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Coasterteam said:

Oh lord.

I don't think it's a 2h early entry, it's likely a special "prestige only" entry line (six flags anyone?)

So really it's a gold pass with these added perks:

1. 5% more of a discount on purchases (15% total)

2. Free VIP area (waterpark/dry park) every visit 

3. Preferred parking 

4. Two Bring a Friend discounts

5. "enhanced" Pass Perks (wow 50% off a pretzel ???

dont know if its really worth the extra ~$200 

Yes I am also confused on the 2h entry, what does it mean?

Also if you were a gold pass holder for 2022 before the prestige passes, can you renew your pass or do you have to get a new one.

Edited by Orion742
Forgot to add another question
  • Like 2

We have a clue that Timberwolf is returning based on the Terms and Conditions :P

But it also contradicts since is says parking is included, yet it says here Fees for parking are not included...

Fees for parking, food, merchandise, games, pay-per-experience attractions, concerts, and special events are not included...

• Like 2

I'm not jumping on the bandwagon till I figure out a few answers:

1. Is the one front of the line pass only for KI or is it for all CF parks with the upgraded tier?

2. Is there an all season long dining plan and drink plan option? (As of now I can't find any)

3. Should there be a food and drink option, is it reciprocated to other parks like the Platinum pass? 

Until I get any answers on this I'm fine not spending an extra few hundred bucks on my pass. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Do you get the + perks at all of the CF parks or just your home park? Like, VIP lounge, etc. I Tweeted at the park to ask. I’ll let you guys know when they reply. 

By the way. Sold. 

Seeing that some of the other parks are now mentioning the Prestige pass, one should conclude that the + version would gain you access to those at parks with them?

• Like 1

This new higher cost pass looks like it will be just more added confusion.

Want to visit the park all year? Buy a gold pass! What's that... you wanna use it at every Cedar Fair park? Ok then get a platinum!!! But could I interest you in the prestige pass? It can get you even more perks, it also comes in a higher tier as well!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Taylor.B03 said:

This new higher cost pass looks like it will be just more added confusion.

Want to visit the park all year? Buy a gold pass! What's that... you wanna use it at every Cedar Fair park? Ok then get a platinum!!! But could I interest you in the prestige pass? It can get you even more perks, it also comes in a higher tier as well!

So the gold pass will stay as well?

14 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Seeing that some of the other parks are now mentioning the Prestige pass, one should conclude that the + version would gain you access to those at parks with them?

There’s an FAQ thing talking about renewing at another park and it makes mention of the benefits transferring to that park. I’m assuming that means FL+ and BAF but I’m not certain. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stoan said:

1 - What does the 2 hour preferred entry mean? Will the rides even be operating by then, half the time rides don't even start at public open

Preferred Entrance.  There will be an entrance labeled Preferred Entrance.

Likely 1+ dedicated lane at the existing front entry gate for 2 hours each morning.  No waiting in line with the masses or even non-Prestige Pass holders.

Separate from Early Entry but overlapping in time.

• Like 1

Just now, jsus said:

Preferred Entrance.  There will be an entrance labeled Preferred Entrance.

Likely 1+ dedicated lane at the existing front entry gate for 2 hours each morning.

Or possibly the old Paramount Passholder entrance to the left of the existing front gate.

• Like 3

I'm seriously debating this. The biggest perk for me being the front of line pass every visit. We're only 15 minutes from the park and a number of times we pop by for dinner and a ride or two. Would be nice to pretty much select any single ride and get it done instead of having to select whichever is the shortest.

But is that worth an extra 600 bucks for the family? I'll use the other extra benefits obviously, but none of those add up to worth it.

• Like 2

I like these new passes. I think the pricing is pretty fair for what you get. It is interesting that Kings Island lists Free Fall Daytime Visits and Free Haunt and Winterfest Visits separately as if the Gold Pass will no longer include free Haunt and Winterfest visits. However, I know that with other parks in the chain, Haunt is not included in benefits, so that may be why Haunt and Winterfest are listed separately.

not really appealing to me .... at this time. I usually visit during the week. well except for the haunt. So fast line, vip areas not really a thing I look at. maybe for the 2 hour early entrance, but so far no details on what if any rides would be open. So far now. Probably not.

• Like 1

EDIT: I misunderstood the perks of the base Prestige pass, as someone kindly pointed out a few posts down. I'm leaving this up for continuity's sake, but don't let me confuse you! Base Prestige passes don't give you access to all CF parks.

As someone who has bought a Platinum pass almost every year since 2008... the base Prestige pass is catching my attention. Having Preferred parking included with the pass, especially if that's at every CF park, would absolutely make the upcharge from Platinum pay for itself if I visit as often as I have this year.

What wouldn't work for me, and I suspicion that this will be a problem, is that the price point for it is low at $23/month. I don't think that's too distant from the price of a Gold or Platinum pass with other extras (e.g. dining) added in, and I feel like the park currently sells more dining plans currently than its infrastructure and staffing can manage. I expect to see the Preferred lot full regularly and the Fast Lane queues only busier next year. Add in that I haven't made a CP trip this year, and this might actually convince me to just get a Gold pass and visit less. In the worst case scenario, these things selling like hotcakes is going to make me not want to visit as often or even have a pass in 2024.

I don't say this to have a meltdown; I'm just sharing some fears that I don't fully trust the park to assuage. Kinda hoping for a limit on the number of these things available for sale...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

What are you supposed to…. do for the two hours?

I could be wrong, but my gut is telling me that the two hour thing isn't that people get in at 8:00am for 10:00am openings. It's that from 10:00am to 12:00pm, Prestige passholders can use a less crowded exclusive entrance so they don't have to wait in a massive line with everyone else to get in.

It would be really funny if it's what you're saying, though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

I could be wrong, but my gut is telling me that the two hour thing isn't that people get in at 8:00am for 10:00am openings. It's that from 10:00am to 12:00pm, Prestige passholders can use a less crowded exclusive entrance so they don't have to wait in a massive line with everyone else to get in.

It would be really funny if it's what you're saying, though.

Betting on the line being longer than the other lines because it makes people spread out less and focus on one specific line 

1 minute ago, Coasterteam said:

Betting on the line being longer than the other lines because it makes people spread out less and focus on one specific line 

Yeah, it all comes down to how many Prestige passes are sold. If they sell a bunch, and I suspect they will, there's a good chance it'll be how you describe.

19 minutes ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

As someone who has bought a Platinum pass almost every year since 2008... the base Prestige pass is catching my attention. Having Preferred parking included with the pass, especially if that's at every CF park, would absolutely make the upcharge from Platinum pay for itself if I visit as often as I have this year.

What wouldn't work for me, and I suspicion that this will be a problem, is that the price point for it is low at $23/month. I don't think that's too distant from the price of a Gold or Platinum pass with other extras (e.g. dining) added in, and I feel like the park currently sells more dining plans currently than its infrastructure and staffing can manage. I expect to see the Preferred lot full regularly and the Fast Lane queues only busier next year. Add in that I haven't made a CP trip this year, and this might actually convince me to just get a Gold pass and visit less. In the worst case scenario, these things selling like hotcakes is going to make me not want to visit as often or even have a pass in 2024.

I don't say this to have a meltdown; I'm just sharing some fears that I don't fully trust the park to assuage. Kinda hoping for a limit on the number of these things available for sale...

You actually would lose benefits going from Platinum to the base Prestige. The base Prestige doesn't let you into the other parks - that's Prestige+ which is $400 (2x the price of Platinum). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, chibul said:

You actually would lose benefits going from Platinum to the base Prestige. The base Prestige doesn't let you into the other parks - that's Prestige+ which is $400 (2x the price of Platinum). 

Oh! I misunderstood. You're absolutely right. Perhaps that's the thing I'm not taking into account here when expecting how many of these things will sell.

35 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

What are you supposed to…. do for the two hours?

... Be in the park?  Do the things you like to do when the park is open??  It's open, enjoy walking past the long lines of people waiting to get in, as you use your own special entrance??

Preferred Entrance.

Open for 2 hours, at open, to allow you to breeze past the long lines of the rush to get in when the park opens.  No need to staff it longer than that when lines are minimal anyway.

• Like 1