Kings Island Prestige Pass

Stoan

28 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Maybe I was not clear in my post  The normal yearly sales in the past, it is listed at the top, not buried under a drop down. For someone who is not a current pass holder might just glance at the offerings and not think this is for the rest of 2022 because it is not clearly stated at the top. That was the point of my post.

Your post clearly stated that they should do this and implied they aren't...  I pointed out that they are doing it, just like they have for years.  What part of that was unclear?

It's obviously an oversight, again, would be best to let @DonHelbig or someone else at the park know.  The main page (not the Accesso store) does indicate early buyers (by August 14) get one free FLP to use on eligible dates this year.  You'd need admission for that to be useful...  So just put the text about including the rest of 2022 on the top of the list with the FLP promo to make it stand out.

16 minutes ago, BruceWayneWins said:

I just don't see the value in upgrading from Gold to this.

Agreed along with many others. I can understand how the preferred parking would be very appealing to some folks, but personally I don't mind the extra walk. Besides, we could all use a little extra exercise!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Orion742 said:

So the gold pass will stay as well?

It looks like the new pass is only available to those who are invited to buy it. My brother got the email and can buy it right now but on the website for me it's not an option. So the gold pass will stay for everyone to buy and use.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, youdaman3978 said:

It looks like the new pass is only available to those who are invited to buy it. My brother got the email and can buy it right now but on the website for me it's not an option. So the gold pass will stay for everyone to buy and use.

Well, that is one way to limit the potential number of them sold LOL...(but I bet if you select the link on the first page of this thread it will work)...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, disco2000 said:

^and hope they limit the quantity or you still may be back to Racer using your front of the line pass their lol.

You get one per visit. I really don't think it will affect the length of Fast Lane lines much at all. First off, only Prestige Pass holders get the perk. Second they get to use it on only one ride per visit. Once they've chosen their one, it's gone until tomorrow. So you're only adding the Prestige Pass people to the Fast Lane queue, you're spreading them out amongst all of the Fast Lane rides, and once they've used their one and only skip, they're out of the pool. The effect on the length of Fast Lane lines will be negligible at best. MAYBE one additional cycle if you are very, VERY unlucky.

• Like 1

^ I was implying the quantity of prestige passes sold not the one time use pass....I totally understand the concept of the one time use pass and totally understand it is a once and gone...in fact I have used them before and know how they work...

I was being a little sarcastic too (hence the LOL in my post) that if they way oversell the prestige passes, some of the lines at times could look like some of the Sundays in October where FL line is longer than regular line because everyone is redeeming their free fastlane for renewing LOL.  I know I have seen The Beast FL longer than the regular line on occasion those last few Sundays....

Usually when there is an emoji or LOL, it can imply a little sarcasm....

13 hours ago, youdaman3978 said:

I didn't get the email and I can order it as long as I use the link provided.  I'm not going to because it's not worth the increased price.

Anyone else wondering what the “+” means in “access to all Cedar Fair parks+”?

Edit: Answering my own question. It’s an annotation. “+Prestige + Passholder benefits may vary by park. Contact the park you are planning to visit for any questions regarding applicable benefits.”

1 minute ago, Snowball said:

Anyone else wondering what the “+” means in “access to all Cedar Fair parks+”?

My guess is that the cardholder will be entitled to whatever perks+ the other parks have.  Can't wait to get some more information on these!

• Like 2

I guess the only perk I see woul be to use the one per visit from of the line benfeit for a nite ride on The Beast. The parking, vip doesn't really appeal to me. Maybe the free bring a friend for free. Have to wait and see what is taken away from the platinum/gold passes. However not inclined to spend 399 for prestiege plus. Also would lie to know if rides will open for the 2 hour early entry, although 9 am seems a bit early for coasters.

13 minutes ago, jsus said:

This is not a thing.  It's enthusiast fantasy.  Read the thread.

Just to clarify, didn’t we determine that it means there is a dedicated entrance for two hours? Presumably from 10-12?

Also, most perks specifically say that they are available for 2023. The one free front of the line doesn’t have that. Has anyone attempted to use that yet?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Just to clarify, didn’t we determine that it means there is a dedicated entrance for two hours? Presumably from 10-12?

Also, most perks specifically say that they are available for 2023. The one free front of the line doesn’t have that. Has anyone attempted to use that yet?

That's exactly what it means, exact timing to be clarified by the park(s).

18 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Update: according to the Season Passholder Facebook group, you can!5ED07F44-36AC-4169-8FC0-0F5A32552682.jpeg

• Like 2

I upgraded by 2022 Platinum pass and my daughter's 2022 Gold pass to 2023 Prestige+ today. We are going to CP tomorrow. We will see what KI Prestige+ benefits work at CP. At the very least, I hope my daughter's upgraded pass gives her entrance to CP.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 2:34 PM, TombRaiderFTW said:

I could be wrong, but my gut is telling me that the two hour thing isn't that people get in at 8:00am for 10:00am openings. It's that from 10:00am to 12:00pm, Prestige passholders can use a less crowded exclusive entrance so they don't have to wait in a massive line with everyone else to get in.

It would be really funny if it's what you're saying, though.

That is exactly what they are saying..  I just called Kings Island and asked them it is a separate entrance for the Prestige pass holders, so they will not have to wait in line with everyone else.

• Like 2

Just upgraded my 2023 passes, completely forgot that the front of line passes aren't delayed till next year. I'm excited to try them now.

With the two free bring a friend passes annually, did this year count as one annual, or do i have to wait till next year?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stoan said:

Just upgraded my 2023 passes, completely forgot that the front of line passes aren't delayed till next year. I'm excited to try them now.

With the two free bring a friend passes annually, did this year count as one annual, or do i have to wait till next year?

I upgraded my Platinum to a Prestige+. I read that I'm entitled to one bring a friend pass this year and then two next year.

• Like 1

Apparently Prestige+ at Carowinds is $75 cheaper. If it did include the extra perks at all parks, then that would be something people could exploit. But since it specifically mentions the 15% discount for all parks separately, I suspect you only get regular admission/parking and the discount and not the front of the line pass, preferred parking, etc?

I probably won't get this but the bring a friend tickets do sweeten the deal. If you get one this year and two next, those are (arguably) worth $120.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DoomPlague said:

Apparently Prestige+ at Carowinds is $75 cheaper. If it did include the extra perks at all parks, then that would be something people could exploit. But since it specifically mentions the 15% discount for all parks separately, I suspect you only get regular admission/parking and the discount and not the front of the line pass, preferred parking, etc?

I probably won't get this but the bring a friend tickets do sweeten the deal. If you get one this year and two next, those are (arguably) worth $120.

Per the FAQ:

+Prestige + Passholder benefits may vary by park. Contact the park you are planning to visit for any questions regarding applicable benefits.

Perks like preferred parking and the front of line/one-time-use FLP may vary by park.  Sounds like each park should give you that park's perks, not your home park.  And not just your home park that gives you the perks.

Passes purchased at one park should be able to be activated at any park and perhaps online still (they started that during the pandemic...).

Don't expect the bring-a-friend tickets or the promo fall FLP to work at another park, but it sounds like Platinum where all the other perks are available at every park that offers them.

• Like 2

I’m the FAQ section on Kings Island’s website, it mentions that if you upgrade your Prestige+ Pass from another park, you will not have the benefits at your home park. I assume that besides the free entry and food and merchandise discounts, the additional Prestige+ Pass benefits do not extend beyond the passholder’s home park.

This raises the question of whether free parking or access to ERT will extend beyond one’s home park. It would be a bummer to upgrade to Prestige+ only to have to pay for general parking (let alone preferred parking) and not have access to ERT at Cedar Point, for example. Cedar Fair really needs to clear the confusion with these new passes.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, FreedomPenguin said:

We need clarification if gold passes no longer get to do haunt and winter stuff 

Although I do not believe this has been announced by the park, my interpretation is that Prestige and Prestige+ are an augmentation of the current Gold and Platinum programs, so one can assume you will still receive the same benefits such as Haunt and Winterfest 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Although I do not believe this has been announced by the park, my interpretation is that Prestige and Prestige+ are an augmentation of the current Gold and Platinum programs, so one can assume you will still receive the same benefits such as Haunt and Winterfest 

I agree with this. For what it’s worth, a member on PointBuzz was able to access Cedar Point’s 2023 Gold Pass “Buy Now” portal, and it appeared to be updated with 2023 information. The 2023 Cedar Point Gold Pass was still $99 and included unlimited Cedar Point and Cedar Point Shores visits in 2023. I assume Kings Island’s Gold Pass will be the same and at a similar price to prior years.

• Like 1