Kings Island Prestige Pass

Stoan

My CP experience:

For their VIP lounge, it said that we had a valid Prestige Pass+, but also that we didn’t have access. They let us in anyway. 

We went to GS to ask about FOTL since we were told no at a retail shop, just to make sure. They said that it was good at CP and printed them out without a problem. For that time being you have to go to a courtesy booth to get the vouchers there. 

I informed them of the VIP situation, and they said they’d send it up the chain - but confirmed it is valid.

I hope they sell a lot, but not a ton of these. I want it to be successful, but don’t want it to fall victim to its own success. I really like the program.

For the sake of context I must disclose the I have a Kings Island PP+ pass. 

• Like 3

Just a heads up concerning the front of the line passes with your upgrade to prestige. Not all of the employees at the park understand or have been informed that this is a perk that you can take advantage of this season if you renew your pass. Ran into this situation today where guest services was misinformed about the FOL passes. Was told this was not available until next season, until another employee stepped in and explained we can use FOL passes now. 

• Like 2

On 8/8/2022 at 9:48 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

My CP experience:

For their VIP lounge, it said that we had a valid Prestige Pass+, but also that we didn’t have access. They let us in anyway. 

We went to GS to ask about FOTL since we were told no at a retail shop, just to make sure. They said that it was good at CP and printed them out without a problem. For that time being you have to go to a courtesy booth to get the vouchers there. 

I informed them of the VIP situation, and they said they’d send it up the chain - but confirmed it is valid.

I hope they sell a lot, but not a ton of these. I want it to be successful, but don’t want it to fall victim to its own success. I really like the program.

Glad to hear guest services can print the passes, i wanted to use some for night rides and i know the fast pass kiosk at KI closes surprisingly early

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

With the addition of this pass, hopefully that would encourage either longer hours of a staff person at the FL booth or offer the ability to print the ticket elsewhere, like maybe a store or the VIP lounge.

A kiosk off to the side under the entrance

On 8/8/2022 at 9:48 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

My CP experience:

So it does work at Cedar Point?

As usual for CF, there is always confusion when introducing new benefits (the management that was supposed to tell the supervisor didn’t and so the average employee doesn’t know how the new benefit actually works).  If the Prestige+ pass also gets the lounge exclusive benefit at all CF parks, then CF/KI needs to update their FAQ’s.  The Prestige+ pass contains the Platinum benefit of unlimited visits to all CF parks plus another 5% off (total 15%), but clearly states other exclusive benefits (e.g. lounge) applies to the home park from which Prestige + was purchased.

Prestige receives exclusive benefits at the home park for which the pass is eligible. Prestige+, receives exclusive benefits at the home park the pass was purchased through, plus Unlimited Visits to ALL Cedar Fair Parks with a 15 % Food and Merchandise Discount at Other Cedar Fair Parks. All other Prestige benefits are non-transferable to other Cedar Fair parks.

• Like 2

I believe the reason for the wording is that not all of the parks are getting prestige passes.  To my knowledge it is only Cedar Point, Kings Island, and Carowinds.  If the park does not sell the prestige pass the extra benefits do not apply.

At the rest of the chain you still will only get the regular platinum benefits.  The wording is terrible and makes me wonder if there was an idea to only introduce it at one park.

• Like 1

But then they caveat it with language that sounds like you may get other benefits at other parks if they offer it....like obviously if a park doesn't have a VIP lounge or a Prestige program then you wouldn't get those benefits there.

+Prestige + Passholder benefits may vary by park. Contact the park you are planning to visit for any questions regarding applicable benefits.

So if you have Prestige+ from KI and have already went to CP and used said benefits as many have already, were they given that in error or does this caveat language allow it?

I think it is a big enough difference that they need to make clear.  Value goes up a lot if it works at parks with similar amenities... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

But then they caveat it with language that sounds like you may get other benefits at other parks if they offer it....like obviously if a park doesn't have a VIP lounge or a Prestige program then you wouldn't get those benefits there.

+Prestige + Passholder benefits may vary by park. Contact the park you are planning to visit for any questions regarding applicable benefits.

So if you have Prestige+ from KI and have already went to CP and used said benefits as many have already, were they given that in error or does this caveat language allow it?

I think it is a big enough difference that they need to make clear.  Value goes up a lot if it works at parks with similar amenities... 

I’ll let them sort it out since I already paid; however, if there is a “LOL JK it only works here” situation then I’m out for 2024, especially since the language is foggy and I was specifically told the benefits were good at CP by CP associates and I was able to use them. 

4 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I’ll let them sort it out since I already paid; however, if there is a “LOL JK it only works here” situation then I’m out for 2024, especially since the language is foggy and I was specifically told the benefits were good at CP by CP associates and I was able to use them. 

I was getting my passes in guest services while another gentleman was asking similar questions. The lady he was speaking with was saying something along the lines of "call each park and ask them what they will have"

• Like 1

What’s interesting is that the Prestige Passes are not listed on Kings Island’s website in the season pass section. As far as I know, you still need a direct link to access the Prestige Pass page.

Also, this is probably a mistake, but the FAQ section for the Summer Pass says it comes with admission to fall daytime events, but the season pass comparison chart says otherwise.

There is a mention on the KI website that says the Prestige passes are by invitation only.

They also are apparently introducing a Silver Pass, which is similar to the summer pass, except it does allow day time visits in the Fall. So essentially no Haunt or Winterfest visits.  Not sure if it will black on Saturdays since they have both the kid friendly activities and Haunt at night.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

There is a mention on the KI website that says the Prestige passes are by invitation only.

They also are apparently introducing a Silver Pass, which is similar to the summer pass, except it does allow day time visits in the Fall. So essentially no Haunt or Winterfest visits.  Not sure if it will black on Saturdays since they have both the kid friendly activities and Haunt at night.

I also noticed on the gold passes they released for 2023 it says you get a Fast Lane free if you purchase by august 14th but you can’t use it on Saturday or Sunday, so that means after daily operations end you have to use it on Friday.

11 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

I also noticed on the gold passes they released for 2023 it says you get a Fast Lane free if you purchase by august 14th but you can’t use it on Saturday or Sunday, so that means after daily operations end you have to use it on Friday.

You can use the Free Fast Lane Plus every Sunday except September 4th which is Labor Day Weekend.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Ffej said:

Does anyone know if you get both a FL+ and an extra free BAF if you bought a Prestige+ Pass as a renewal at KI by 8/14?

Per the online store, all Prestige Pass purchases at KI 8/4-8/14 get 1 free fall FLP with the blackout dates as shown.  Free FLP is an introductory bonus for the launch of Prestige.

Beyond that, a new pass includes the rest of this season.  Since a renewing pass holder doesn't need that, they provide 1 BAF ticket.

Two separate things, so, yes, you get both.  New Prestige Pass by 8/14 gets 1x FLP and admission/parking/etc the rest of this year.  Renew into Prestige by 8/14 to get 1x FLP and 1x BAF.

image.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

You can use the Free Fast Lane Plus every Sunday except September 4th which is Labor Day Weekend.

I read the benefits again for the 2023 gold passes and it says you can use your Fast Lane August 11-October 30th 2022, then it says excludes Saturdays and Sunday September 4th so thank you for pointing the Sunday September 4th out to me, looks like you can’t use it on Saturdays though.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Last year was $192 to renew Platinum and now it's $240,  still a great value.  Glad to see the season dining pass is available for 2023!  I was really leaning towards the Prestige+ thinking that the FOL voucher was good for any ride but apparently it excludes the FL+ rides.  Never knew there was 2 different types of FL rides.  

18 minutes ago, BSnow said:

Last year was $192 to renew Platinum and now it's $240,  still a great value.  Glad to see the season dining pass is available for 2023!  I was really leaning towards the Prestige+ thinking that the FOL voucher was good for any ride but apparently it excludes the FL+ rides.  Never knew there was 2 different types of FL rides.  

Where did you hear this?

51 minutes ago, chad_1138 said:

Where did you hear this?

I thought I read that somewhere in this thread but apparently I'm wrong.  After reading this from their website I thought maybe some attractions were excluded.  

How do I redeem a Front of the Line Pass?

"Present your Prestige or Prestige+ pass at our Fast Lane Booth and receive a voucher good for one use on the ride of your choice from participating attractions"

3 hours ago, BSnow said:

I thought I read that somewhere in this thread but apparently I'm wrong.  After reading this from their website I thought maybe some attractions were excluded.  

How do I redeem a Front of the Line Pass?

"Present your Prestige or Prestige+ pass at our Fast Lane Booth and receive a voucher good for one use on the ride of your choice from participating attractions"

Go to Guest Services or the Fast Pass kiosk to get your Front of the Line tickets. The tickets themselves say they are usable as a FL+ one-time-use

• Like 1

CP claims that Prestige+ will act as a Gold Pass at other parks, not the full line of Prestige+ benefits.  Basically, should be treated more like Platinum with some added benefits at your home park.

NEW! PRESTIGE PLUS PASS

This new pass is the highest-tier pass we offer. Unlike the Prestige Pass (valid for benefits at Cedar Point only), the Prestige Plus Pass adds admission to all of our Cedar Fair parks.

The Prestige Plus Pass gives you:

• Access to Cedar Point, Cedar Point Shores Waterpark, Kings Island, Michigan’s Adventure, Carowinds, Knott’s Berry Farm and the entire Cedar Fair parks lineup
  • Unlimited visits to HalloWeekends (select fall events at other parks are not included)
  • Early Entry at Cedar Point & early access to Cedar Point Shores Waterpark
  • In-park 15% food & merchandise discount at all parks
  • Cedar Point Resorts discount*
  • Preferred Parking each time you visit (Cedar Point only; free parking at all other parks)**
  • Dedicated entry line at one of our entrance gates for 2 hours each day (Cedar Point only)**
  • Millennium Club Lounge access at Cedar Point
  • Reserved area at Cedar Point Shores Waterpark**
  • One single-use Fast Lane Plus voucher per visit at Cedar Point only (choose one Fast Lane Plus ride, use it for access to the Fast Lane Plus line, one time only – this is not a Fast Lane Plus wristband)
  • (2) free Bring-a-Friend tickets per season at Cedar Point only
  • Gold Pass benefits at every other park (see individual park sites for their Gold Pass benefits)

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/2022/guide-to-2023-season-passes

• Like 1

^so based on this, it sounds like those that had KI Prestige + and went to CP and got the Prestige benefits like single use front of the line were in error and those that decided to purchase Prestige+ based on experiences others have shared about it working at CP are now "screwed"....I am sure some think that the single use front of the line at parks with Prestige found that to be a useful benefit and reason to purchase.

I understand that the TOS indicate benefits and stuff can change and that will be the corporate line when people complain, but it really seems like some of this should be basic stuff that should have been nailed down prior to selling them.

Was it that hard to decide before it went live if Prestige+ would allow the one time front of the line pass at any park offering such benefit?  Or conditions of other benefits like the exclusive entrance?

Clear communication seems to be a struggle with CF...

And since the language is still not clear, based on CP language the front of the line, dedicated entrance, and preferred parking for those with Prestige+ for those that purchased at CP are only good there, yet if you purchase Prestige+ at KI the current language still says "+Prestige + Passholder benefits may vary by park. Contact the park you are planning to visit for any questions regarding applicable benefits." and doesn't show the same limitations as the CP site, so does that mean one purchased at KI could give you those benefits at CP as folks have experienced but not the other way around?

It really is sounding like they should have made this a season pass add-on instead of a new pass - I think a lot of this would have been clearer and easier that way...then it was either have only one add-on option that only worked at the "home park" OR provide one that extended said benefits to other parks with that program. 

• Like 3

I agree, Disco2000. We had gold this year but are planning to visit other Cedar Fair parks (CP, KD and Carowinds) for the first time next year. Def switching to Platinum, but this Premier+ is an intriguing option. Worth it if it applies to all parks, but not worth it for us if it only applies to KI because we won't get as many visits to KI this year.

Has anyone renewed these without having received the e-mail (by following the direct link)? I didn't receive an e-mail, and didn't know if I'd even be able to renew my 2022 gold pass to the prestige upgrade without the invite. 

• Like 1