Kings Island Prestige Pass

Stoan

On 8/15/2022 at 10:54 PM, NegativeGs said:

My Prestige+ pass worked at CW yesterday. It looking the parking attendant a few scans of my pass (5 or more) to register, but it worked.

Did the benefits work, or just admission? This was posted by Jim in the SP group who works at the park. He says the benefits are not good at the other CF parks; however, this is contrary to my and others’ experiences. Pulling the benefits would be a heck of a backpedal. 
A992DF6E-F5E9-4139-826A-A7BCA448756B.jpeg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Did the benefits work, or just admission? This was posted by Jim in the SP group who works at the park. He says the benefits are not good at the other CF parks; however, this is contrary to my and others’ experiences. Pulling the benefits would be a heck of a backpedal. 
A992DF6E-F5E9-4139-826A-A7BCA448756B.jpeg

It keeps changing and seems to be getting more restrictive.  Didn't some of the original language say it included the VIP lounge at CP and now it doesn't?  I know some of the other perks were assumed by the caveat that said contact the park you are visiting to determine their benefits, but I thought the lounge was specifically mentioned.

And the backpedaling, if happening, is potentially ticking off some of the most loyal and highest per cap spending guests!  I know many that upgraded to Prestige that have every season long add-on and has far exceeded the average per cap number CF announced.

16 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

It keeps changing and seems to be getting more restrictive.  Didn't some of the original language say it included the VIP lounge at CP and now it doesn't?  I know some of the other perks were assumed by the caveat that said contact the park you are visiting to determine their benefits, but I thought the lounge was specifically mentioned.

And the backpedaling, if happening, is potentially ticking off some of the most loyal and highest per cap spending guests!  I know many that upgraded to Prestige that have every season long add-on and has far exceeded the average per cap number CF announced.

Since Cedar Point’s VIP Lounge is a sweltering hot tent, I really only care about the FOTL passes there. Preferred parking would be nice, but I’m not even sure that KI’s will be viable now that it is a perk. 

On that note, for those who have purchased, do NOT accept any park to adding a “while supplies last” caveat to things like Preferred parking or the VIP lounge. This isn’t Gold Pass benefits. These are benefits you paid for. You should expect to have these benefits every time without question. 

• Like 1

To be fair, Cedar Fair never stated that the Prestige+ Pass gave the additional “prestige” benefits for all Cedar Fair parks. However, the wording on the websites was confusing, and I don’t think employees even knew what “prestige” benefits applied at all parks. While executed poorly, I think the plan was always to only have the “prestige” benefits apply at one’s home park based on the cheaper Prestige+ Pass pricing at Carowinds compared to Kings Island and Cedar Point as well as the specific mention on the website that admission and the 15% off applied to all parks (the other perks in the compare menu did not apply to all parks).

2 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Since Cedar Point’s VIP Lounge is a sweltering hot tent, I really only care about the FOTL passes there. Preferred parking would be nice, but I’m not even sure that KI’s will be viable now that it is a perk. 

On that note, for those who have purchased, do NOT accept any park to adding a “while supplies last” caveat to things like Preferred parking or the VIP lounge. This isn’t Gold Pass benefits. These are benefits you paid for. You should expect to have these benefits every time without question. 

Yeah, we know the "while supplies last" language is coming...or else they will either significantly reduce the number of preferred spaces sold each day (not likely) or they will expand the preferred by a lot and the VIP lounge. I personally know enough people that have purchased Prestige that if they all were at the park the same day, the VIP lounge would be over capacity...

1 minute ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

To be fair, Cedar Fair never stated that the Prestige+ Pass gave the additional “prestige” benefits for all Cedar Fair parks. However, the wording on the websites was confusing, and I don’t think employees even knew what benefits applied at all parks. While executed poorly, I think the plan was always to only have the “prestige” benefits apply at one’s home park based on the cheaper Prestige+ Pass pricing at Carowinds compared to Kings Island and Cedar Point as well as the specific mention on the website that admission and the 15% off applied to all parks (the other perks in the compare menu did not apply to all parks).

Right. The problem is they also didn’t specifically say that they weren’t valid at other parks. Plus they did work. If I recall, the VIP tent people said that our passes weren’t scanning but they should work. It wasn’t a, “I’ll let you in anyway” thing. The Guest Services people said definitively that they do work. Regardless of the wording on the web site, that’s a pretty big thing to walk back. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

To be fair, Cedar Fair never stated that the Prestige+ Pass gave the additional “prestige” benefits for all Cedar Fair parks. However, the wording on the websites was confusing, and I don’t think employees even knew what “prestige” benefits applied at all parks. While executed poorly, I think the plan was always to only have the “prestige” benefits apply at one’s home park based on the cheaper Prestige+ Pass pricing at Carowinds compared to Kings Island and Cedar Point as well as the specific mention on the website that admission and the 15% off applied to all parks (the other perks in the compare menu did not apply to all parks).

But they did caveat it with "Prestige + Passholder benefits may vary by park. Contact the park you are planning to visit for any questions regarding applicable benefits."  

Which I think most would interpret that as you are eligible for any benefits a specific park is offering if they are part of the Prestige Program.

If it was only specific to the home park, then this caveat should not have been there AT ALL....

• Like 1

Just now, disco2000 said:

But they did caveat it with "Prestige + Passholder benefits may vary by park. Contact the park you are planning to visit for any questions regarding applicable benefits."  

Which I think most would interpret that as you are eligible for any benefits a specific park is offering if they are part of the Prestige Program.

If it was only specific to the home park, then this caveat should not have been there AT ALL....

I read that as, don’t expect a VIP lounge at Michigan’s Adventure. 

6 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I read that as, don’t expect a VIP lounge at Michigan’s Adventure. 

Exactly - It seems reasonable that one shouldn't expect these benefits at a park not participating in the Prestige Program, but should expect benefits at a park that does have the Prestige Program...

Otherwise there should have been zero references to contact the park you visiting regarding applicable benefits if the only benefit was parking and entry into a visiting park like a platinum pass, along with 15% off purchases.

It says two bring a friend free tickets annually.  I suspect it’s based on pass year, so you only get two total.  But since it says annually it feels like it should be calendar years, and you should get two this year and two next year.

Also, you get a free bring a friend ticket for renewing you pass, how do you make sure they use that and not the prestige benefit, since the renewal one expires in October.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kenban said:

It says two bring a friend free tickets annually.  I suspect it’s based on pass year, so you only get two total.  But since it says annually it feels like it should be calendar years, and you should get two this year and two next year.

Also, you get a free bring a friend ticket for renewing you pass, how do you make sure they use that and not the prestige benefit, since the renewal one expires in October.

According to Jim, a park employee over on the passholder Facebook page, he says you get two this year and two next year with the Prestige.

image.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

My friends were excited to check out the 5th item on the list of Pass Details for the new Prestige program :P

image.png

Last I saw there are still Dinosaurs Alive! Pokemon Go PokeStops in that defunct area of KI. Good luck spinning them thought.

Based on this thread and calls to CF parks, my educated guess is that each KI Prestige+ (P+) benefit will be available to KI P+ pass holders at other CF parks that also offer that benefit. For example, if KI has P+ preferred parking and CP has P+ preferred parking, then a KI P+ visitor will receive P+ preferred parking at CP. If CF parks introduce additional P+ benefits, they will be available to all P+ pass holders. Or maybe this is just a fantastic notion or vain hope of mine?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NegativeGs said:

Based on this thread and calls to CF parks, my educated guess is that each KI Prestige+ (P+) benefit will be available to KI P+ pass holders at other CF parks that also offer that benefit. For example, if KI has P+ preferred parking and CP has P+ preferred parking, then a KI P+ visitor will receive P+ preferred parking at CP. If CF parks introduce additional P+ benefits, they will be available to all P+ pass holders. Or maybe this is just a fantastic notion or vain hope of mine?

It is what many will say the plan should be, but the language with each revision seems to get more restrictive and more park specific benefits opposed to benefits available at other parks.  Let's hope they iron this out and not backpedal on benefits that @BoddaH1994 and others have already received at other parks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chad_1138 said:

According to a post on the KI Passholder FB Group, physical Prestige Pass cards are now available at Guest Services.

I might grab some just to make myself feel special with my non gold card

54 minutes ago, NegativeGs said:

Neither my friend's nor my KI P+ passes worked for CP's Millennium Lounge today. 

The ever changing terms of conditions....the original terms said it was part of it and many people have used it with a KI Prestige pass....first front of the line and lounge was part of Prestige Plus, then they took away the front of the line, and now apparently lounges at the parks that have it.  Now it appears the only thing plus gets you at another park is the extra discount of food and merch...

Looking more and more like this should have simply been a park specific season pass add-on as that would have eliminated all the confusing and changing terms...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

The ever changing terms of conditions....the original terms said it was part of it and many people have used it with a KI Prestige pass....first front of the line and lounge was part of Prestige Plus, then they took away the front of the line, and now apparently lounges at the parks that have it.  Now it appears the only thing plus gets you at another park is the extra discount of food and merch...

Looking more and more like this should have simply been a park specific season pass add-on as that would have eliminated all the confusing and changing terms...

Did the terms ever actually change or just the enforcement? I don't recall ever seeing those things promised for other parks and always assumed they were not included.

29 minutes ago, DoomPlague said:

Did the terms ever actually change or just the enforcement? I don't recall ever seeing those things promised for other parks and always assumed they were not included.

I guess the main question or assumption made relates to the  “+Prestige + Passholder benefits may vary by park. Contact the park you are planning to visit for any questions regarding applicable benefits.”  Why say that if the only benefit is what was already clearly defined 15% off merch and food at other Cedar Fair parks.

I thought the original FAQ said you got access to the CP Millennium Lounge (although I didn't screen shot that so maybe someone else did or someone can find it somewhere).

Now the FAQ is clear, yet they still keep the asterisk to check the park you are going to for the benefits you may receive?????

Prestige receives exclusive benefits at the home park for which the pass is eligible. Prestige+, receives exclusive benefits at the home park the pass was purchased through, plus Unlimited Visits to ALL Cedar Fair Parks with a 15 % Food and Merchandise Discount at Other Cedar Fair Parks. All other Prestige benefits are non-transferable to other Cedar Fair parks.

But the official terms and conditions still reference to contact a park you are visiting to determine what Prestige Plus benefits you are entitled to.  Again, why say that if the only transferable benefit is the 15% discount...

Cedar Fair Prestige Plus Pass benefits may vary by the park (i.e. admissions, parking, discounts, etc.).  Prestige Plus Pass holder must have a current year, valid Prestige Plus Pass to receive admission and other benefits.  If you are traveling to a Cedar Fair park (other than the one you purchased your pass), please contact that park you will be visiting before arrival to ensure you are aware of Prestige Plus Pass benefits and to ask any questions on program details.

Clearly there is still a lot of confusion and misunderstanding and inconsistent wording. 

Just imagine next year if the VIP lounge is always packed with nowhere to sit because they sold thousands of the Prestige Passes, imagine if they nix bottled drinks as a cost cutting measure… uhhh… I mean, because people were sharing them with non Prestige Pass holders!, or parking in Preferred is granted to those who get there before 9:30 a.m. or after 8:00 p.m. because it will always be full and “subject to availability.”

The park knows what they got themselves into. They have your money. It’s going to tell us a great deal as to how the benefits are interpreted now versus how they’ll be interpreted next year. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Just imagine next year if the VIP lounge is always packed with nowhere to sit because they sold thousands of the Prestige Passes, imagine if they nix bottled drinks as a cost cutting measure… uhhh… I mean, because people were sharing them with non Prestige Pass holders!, or parking in Preferred is granted to those who get there before 9:30 a.m. or after 8:00 p.m. because it will always be full and “subject to availability.”

The park knows what they got themselves into. They have your money. It’s going to tell us a great deal as to how the benefits are interpreted now versus how they’ll be interpreted next year. 

Exactly!  What exactly is the point of spending $170 more for a Prestige pass if you can't get access to the VIP lounge or preferred parking?  That and the front of the line pass are the primary drivers why someone would purchase this pass.  I don't think anyone bought it solely for the 15% discount on food and merch LOL.

48 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

And they will open themselves to a lawsuit if they start backpedaling too much. Bait and switch. 

13 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I mean, TBH I bought it this year because I expected this in 2024. The first season people will be skeptical, the park may be naive, but as soon as this is proven as a success to visitors or too successful to the park and stuff starts being restricted, just like the Meal Plan, I wanted to get what I can. If this pass causing things to get crowded the first time, it will only be worse the 2nd time. Though I hope, and doubt that maybe the park will offer a limited series next time IF this gets super popular.