Kings Island Prestige Pass

Stoan

On 9/11/2022 at 7:51 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

It's not about the fridge, it is about the park selling a product promising drinks and taking it away after the fact. 

If there were people abusing the drinks, then come up with a better solution than taking it totally away. Same with the one time Fast Lane pass. Don't make it harder for your most expensive pass holders to get the product they purchased.

That’s how Cedar Fair operates.    They take your money and advertise something they don’t provide.      They consistently close parks earlier than advertised when attendance is low.    So why wouldn’t they screw passholders out of other advertised benefits. B

They have the mentality of the people love coming to the amusement park so much that they can get away with these things and the people will still renew their passes

• Like 2

I do not have a Prestige Pass and have not experienced the VIP lounge.  Based on reading this thread and scoping out the lounge while at the park, it sure seems like the "VIP lounge" is really just "unused area of the park with shade and seating".  I agree with others that for any such offering to be considered really "VIP" it would be climate controlled at a minimum. 

My family are first year gold pass holders.  When the Prestige Pass news came out, I assumed it was being offered to the long time pass holders first and then to additional pass holders over time.  As of today, we still have received no offer to purchase.  This seems consistent with what some have said about "overselling" and/or quotas already being reached.  This was actually a blessing in disguise, because based on what I've read here, I would have no confidence buying it now (for an increased price).

10 hours ago, Pagoda Gift Shop said:

I do not have a Prestige Pass and have not experienced the VIP lounge.  Based on reading this thread and scoping out the lounge while at the park, it sure seems like the "VIP lounge" is really just "unused area of the park with shade and seating".  I agree with others that for any such offering to be considered really "VIP" it would be climate controlled at a minimum. 

My family are first year gold pass holders.  When the Prestige Pass news came out, I assumed it was being offered to the long time pass holders first and then to additional pass holders over time.  As of today, we still have received no offer to purchase.  This seems consistent with what some have said about "overselling" and/or quotas already being reached.  This was actually a blessing in disguise, because based on what I've read here, I would have no confidence buying it now (for an increased price).

I wouldn't say unused, they did have a game (ladder climb) there.  Wonder if it brought in more that the VIP considering both would involve only 1 employee to run it.

At this point I think Prestige will be a one off pass.  With the constant taking away of benefits, it really is becoming hard for even the most die-hard KI loving fans to see the benefit of the pass.

Without significant improvements to the benefits offering for next year, once the other benefits for 2023 like preferred parking and reserved area in Soak City (already downgraded from a VIP area) kick in and we see that they are always full and people are not getting the benefit, why renew with it?

Yeah there's a lot of benefits to a general pass for KI thanks to my proximity, but this prestige pass is getting to be a slightly hard sell for 2024 for me.

I got it mostly the FotL tickets, but it's already a pain. If my identity is checked when I get into the park and i only get a single pass why do i have to confirm my identity a second time. I was great to send the wife and kids off to get food while i could go get the passes. 

The VIP was nice to grab a quick snack for my picky kid, but that's done already.

Let's see how the water park area works out, but so far the single ride pass isn't worth 150 extra per person

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pagoda Gift Shop said:

You can only get the FotL passes at guest services?  Nowhere else can print them?

You can get them at the front where you get the FL wristbands, but for anyone that shows up when that is closed then they have to go to guest services.

Another thing that shows the money grab nature of this plan - why not give the VIP lounge a printer to be able to print these...or a self serve kiosk...

Oh, but according to the Dippin' Dots guy, you will get a vat/crate of yesterday's chili dumped into the lawn in Soak City VIP area, and the room monitor at the drypark VIP area will throw old rice and beans from Hanks at you.

Maybe they will give a choice of chili infused ice water or leftover KI salad infused water?

(unless the Dippin' Dots guy was telling the truth, this post is satire)

• Confused 1

This should be as simple as handing you a FotL card when you first enter the park when they scan your Prestige Pass. It should pop up if you have received your FotL card for the day. If not, they hand you one. Simple and fast.

Maybe it could even be incorporated into the special Prestige entrance. If you miss the time frame for the Prestige entrance then you would have to use the Fast Lane, Guest Service, Height Check stations? There has to be a more convenient way. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Emily48098 said:

This should be as simple as handing you a FotL card when you first enter the park when they scan your Prestige Pass. It should pop up if you have received your FotL card for the day. If not, they hand you one. Simple and fast.

Silly me initially expected that'd be how they handled it, but of course not.  :ph34r:

First I want to say I love KI and this is by no means park bashing.  But for me, I was somewhat initially excited for the Prestige pass when I got the invitation to purchase.  I came close to purchase it but honestly the VIP area was never that appealing to me.  Maybe I would feel different if I actually went and and sat down, but I never felt like I wanted to spend extra money on it.  And note, I am someone who does spend extra money on merchandise/Souvenirs because I want to support the park.

I like the suggestion as others mentioned to have something similar to Busch Gardens.  If KI had a VIP area like that I would have bought the Prestige pass.  I know the park wants to feel out how well the VIP area sells before making that type of expenditure.  But they are not going to sell the VIP/Prestige pass to kids or teenagers.  More to people who has the means and expects more.  This might sound bad but I feel like it would spending steak house prices for McDonald's value.

Plus it would become a huge expense for me because I have to buy for wife and kids too.  I just think what they currently have should be more a like free option minus the water and chips. Also no kids without adult supervision so things don't get destroyed.

Maybe I am wrong and just need to test it out once next year for myself.

In the lounge eating dinner right now.  Still have the infused water and non-Frito Lay chips.  I did notice the phone charging (power strips plugged into the tent lights) are gone.

Edit:  confirming the lounge is closing at 8. Sitting here at 748 and everything is being closed up.

On 9/23/2022 at 6:24 PM, chad_1138 said:

In the lounge eating dinner right now.  Still have the infused water and non-Frito Lay chips.  I did notice the phone charging (power strips plugged into the tent lights) are gone.

Someone probably stole the phone charging cords as they were loading their bag up with chips and bottled beverages...

I saw they moved the entrance to VIP as well.  Makes it a little less obvious to someone now that they can sneak in there for some infused water LOL.

• Haha 2

There was a brief moment when I considered the Prestige+ pass as I thought it sounded like a pretty good deal with some of the extra perks and such, but by the way things are going with this I can't help but feel sad for anyone who spent the extra money and aren't getting what they paid for. Granted yes, things could improve next season ( and I truly hope it does for those of you who purchased one ) I'm sure right now it doesn't feel too promising with the quick omittance of the variety bottled drinks, Lays snacks and by the sounds of it, charging cords from the lounge. 

I truly hope the park is really working on a realistic game plan to get these things back and also ensure this doesn't become a fruit infused watered down shell of a perk again and or remain as such.  

• Like 1

Went last night and spoke with the associate working the lounge.  He told my wife and I that the word among the associates is that there are talks of having the lounge in a permanent building next year.  He agreed that he was upset about the removal of the bottled drinks.  He also said that the word is that there may be fountain drinks next year.  Again, take this with a grain of salt. 

Also, lounge issues aside, I do have to say that we have enjoyed the heck out of our prestige pass FOTL ticket for Haunt night rides on The Beast.

1 hour ago, chad_1138 said:

Went last night and spoke with the associate working the lounge.  He told my wife and I that the word among the associates is that there are talks of having the lounge in a permanent building next year.  He agreed that he was upset about the removal of the bottled drinks.  He also said that the word is that there may be fountain drinks next year.  Again, take this with a grain of salt. 

Also, lounge issues aside, I do have to say that we have enjoyed the heck out of our prestige pass FOTL ticket for Haunt night rides on The Beast.

I’m guessing I Street Restaurant. That’s where they came across all the history books being shoved up there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Carl winds appears to be running a deal for Prestige pass only:

I hope we get a great deal like this because it would totally make up for taking away bottled water, bottled soda, the ability to use the perks at other properties, limiting VIP area hours, and all other future bait-and-switch perks they will take away after taking your money. 

• Haha 2

Oh boy I’m looking towards my expanded pass perks rewards so I can raise my 20% discount on a small order to a solid 50% discount and save a few dollars!!!! 

The only “expanded” perks I thought of would be something like “here’s a free meal entree on us” or “take a another free single use Fast Lane”, maybe “free funpix photo”