Kings Island Prestige Pass

Stoan

2 hours ago, mikejenkins1 said:

Well I only have a gold pass and this year's pass perks program has been a joke as well.   Been 45 times and have gotten zero pass perks.....

Hmm....

I’m on visit 70. I spend actual cash every visit. I have never gotten a Pass Perk. The park ambassadors said they are going to expand upon the program, with special perks for Prestige. That’s exciting, but the program is now well over a year old and nothing has changed. I’m excited for the prospect, but I’m tempting my expectations.

7 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

@BoddaH1994 People are starting to get Pass Perks for a one day VIP lounge - just your luck that will be what you get LOL:P

I was wondering if the system is smart enough to prevent that. 

But also, 50% off an entree isn’t very valuable to someone with a meal plan, which, by scale, is a much bigger hurtle if you ask me. 

On 10/14/2022 at 8:42 AM, BoddaH1994 said:

I’m on visit 70. I spend actual cash every visit. I have never gotten a Pass Perk. The park ambassadors said they are going to expand upon the program, with special perks for Prestige. That’s exciting, but the program is now well over a year old and nothing has changed. I’m excited for the prospect, but I’m tempting my expectations.

I expect nothing as well.   Frequent visitors should be rewarded and yes we buy things as well but what a joke this program has been.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Maybe I did not pay enough attention before? :unsure:

I mean I don’t really pay attention to the season passes page that often, it may have been for a bit, but when they first dropped and when I renewed in mid August, they were split up. 

I can’t confirm unless someone archived the page through way back machine. 

On 11/27/2022 at 9:47 AM, IndyGuy4KI said:

How long has the Prestige pass not been a pass listed? You have to click on the bar at the top to see it. Since I renewed as soon as they went on sale I have not gone to this page recently.

image.png

It was supposed to go out to a a handful of people, not everyone, if the rumors are true. I don’t think it was ever intended to be mainstream. 

It was supposed to go out to a a handful of people, not everyone, if the rumors are true. I don’t think it was ever intended to be mainstream. 
My thing about that, I got the invitation via email, but my other half did not. We live in same household, so we decided to do the Prestige Plus and I shared my link with him. So don't think the whole idea was thought out completely. I will probably go back to Platinum for 2024.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, PKIVortex said:

My thing about that, I got the invitation via email, but my other half did not. We live in same household, so we decided to do the Prestige Plus and I shared my link with him. So don't think the whole idea was thought out completely. I will probably go back to Platinum for 2024.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I hate to be a negative Nancy about this when this whole season has been so excellent, but if the bait-and-switch is maintained then I’m definitely doing Platinum or less in 2024. If I knew that the benefits at other parks were questionable, bottled soda would be taken away, bottled water would be replaced by “infused” water, and that the lounge hours would be limited (they were open to close when I bought mine) then there’s no way I would have dropped $400 for the pass. Things may be different next year, but I’m not holding my breath. I guess they got me this time. 

Just now, disco2000 said:

^I get the sense a lot feel the same way.  Without a significant improvement I do not see many renewing Prestige for 24 if next year brings frustrations of full preferred parking, overflowing VIP areas, infused water, and no-name snacks.

I was told by Guest Services that they were going to have an online reservation system for Preferred Parking. I’m hoping that’s just the rumor mill. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I was told by Guest Services that they were going to have an online reservation system for Preferred Parking. I’m hoping that’s just the rumor mill. 

In my opinion people who prepaid for preferred parking on a given day should get a guaranteed spot vs those with the prestige pass. If there’s going to be a backlog then that’s how it should be handled.

Accesso I believe can make that possible. 

20 minutes ago, Coasterteam said:

In my opinion people who prepaid for preferred parking on a given day should get a guaranteed spot vs those with the prestige pass. If there’s going to be a backlog then that’s how it should be handled.

True, but up to this point, Preferred Parking for Prestige hasn't been offered as a "subject to availability" benefit and is shown as a benefit available to said passholder during any publicly operating day, although I am sure they would say it falls back to the general terms of a pass.  But it has been marketed as a reason to purchase said pass and not as a "perk" subject to availability that the gold pass parking area was during the Paramount days....  

At this point it almost seems that Cedar Fair should forget the Prestige pass and refund the difference between a prestigue and either gold or platinum depending on if a regular or plus was purchased.  The idea seems to be way to confusing and I fear may end up being perceived as a bait-and-switch by some if it already hasn't been percieved that way already.

54 minutes ago, Coasterteam said:

My thought is that, if I go to the Hilton web site and pay for a room, then by selling me that room and taking my money they forfeit the right to sell that room to someone who walks up to the counter. 

You have to remember, though, that this is a 2023 benefit for a reason. Clearly they knew that it wouldn’t be easy. My guess is that they are extending the preferred lot. 

The majority of benefits started this year.  Preferred parking is one of I think 3 benefits that does not start until 2023, the others being a preferred entrance and the waterpark VIP area, neither of these currently exist, so it made sense why they could not start immediately.  This suggests to me there is something changing with the preferred parking beyond just giving access.  My assumption is the preferred lot will be expanded into what is currently the bus and RV parking, I expect to see at a minimum the fence and access booth moved.  Although I suspect we might see more changes since maintaining access for large vehicles to the service road that goes around the park is important.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

My thought is that, if I go to the Hilton web site and pay for a room, then by selling me that room and taking my money they forfeit the right to sell that room to someone who walks up to the counter. 

You have to remember, though, that this is a 2023 benefit for a reason. Clearly they knew that it wouldn’t be easy. My guess is that they are extending the preferred lot. 

Then there is this situation (Cedar Fair is represented by Worthy Rent A Car in this scene).

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I should've been a little more detailed in my post, that's on me. In the FAQ of the Prestige Pass it is stated "Space is limited and awarded on a first-come, first-served basis." So my thought process is if you bought a ticket already you have your spot reserved already. Prestige Pass just gets in if there's an unreserved spot. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Coasterteam said:

I should've been a little more detailed in my post, that's on me. In the FAQ of the Prestige Pass it is stated "Space is limited and awarded on a first-come, first-served basis." So my thought process is if you bought a ticket already you have your spot reserved already. Prestige Pass just gets in if there's an unreserved spot. 

That is new language that wasn't there when the pass first came out....just like they have "watered" down the amenities in the VIP, now they are taking away a preferred parking benefit many assumed they would get with this pass...

image.png

4 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

That is new language that wasn't there when the pass first came out....just like they have "watered" down the amenities in the VIP, now they are taking away a preferred parking benefit many assumed they would get with this pass...

image.png

Interesting, yeah that added line seems to be pretty new. Pretty much tells me they very quickly were told to add this new pass.