Kings Island Prestige Pass

Stoan

I think they have realized that they sold way more Prestige than available preferred parking (even if expanded), so instead of expanding the lot, it is cheaper to just add some restrictive language LOL.   So now everyone that bought said pass with preferred parking as their primary reason for purchasing will need to get there at gate opening on many days in order to receive said benefit (unless they require a reservation as Boddah was told).

• Like 1

So, assuming that there aren’t widespread changes, this is what you get vs what had/what was advertised:

VIP Lounge (Was) Open park hours (Now) Limited hours 

Bottled drinks (Was) a feature (Now) Not available 

Bottled water (Was) a feature (Now) Jugs with rotten fruit sitting in the top 

Other parks benefits (Was) available (Now) not competent to tell us for sure 

Preferred parking (Was) a feature (Now) possibly inaccessible many days 

Pass Perks (Was) some sort of joke (Now) offers “enhanced” prizes which are equal to the ones you paid for with your pass 

I implore you NOT to tow the company line. Remember you paid for these features. If other people were taking advantage of things like the bottled drinks then that is not your problem. You paid for it. That’s the park’s problem to figure out. Also, taking your payment and then changing the terms is not something you should accept. They offered a product and you accepted it. They can greatly reduce the value and you cannot opt half way through to downgrade your pass and get a refund.

Remember, the people that bought this pass shelled out $300-$400. The things listed above are not like gold pass benefits. You paid extra for these features. You should demand to get what you paid for. If you think otherwise you are nothing more than a sycophant, and even if you think highly of the park this alone reflects how the park thinks about you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

So, assuming that there aren’t widespread changes, this is what you get vs what had/what was advertised:

Pass Perks (Was) some sort of joke (Now) offers “enhanced” prizes which are equal to the ones you paid for with your pass 

I implore you NOT to tow the company line. Remember you paid for these features. If other people were taking advantage of things like the bottled drinks then that is not your problem. You paid for it. That’s the park’s problem to figure out. Also, taking your payment and then changing the terms is not something you should accept. They offered a product and you accepted it. They can greatly reduce the value and you cannot opt half way through to downgrade your pass and get a refund.

Remember, the people that bought this pass shelled out $300-$400. The things listed above are not like gold pass benefits. You paid extra for these features. You should demand to get what you paid for. If you think otherwise you are nothing more than a sycophant, and even if you think highly of the park this alone reflects how the park thinks about you. 

Well said.  You could add, depending on the day, the variety of snacks offered.  For a good stretch, all that was available was no-name jalapeno chips, a stark contrast from the variety of Frito-Lay offerings that was available when people made the decision to purchase said pass.  Thankfully the Frito-Lay has returned in recent days.

I know many that filled out the comment section on the website expressing many of your points and most only got back the standard response.  Is the park really listening to the concerns or will they just continue to sell the Prestige Pass in quantity and thus further water down the experience....  Let's face it, most that bought the Prestige Pass are not the typical passholder that uses the pass 5 times or less.  Most of them are the frequent visitors, so the amenities are going to be spread thin.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Well said.  You could add, depending on the day, the variety of snacks offered.  For a good stretch, all that was available was no-name jalapeno chips, a stark contrast from the variety of Frito-Lay offerings that was available when people made the decision to purchase said pass.  Thankfully the Frito-Lay has returned in recent days.

I know many that filled out the comment section on the website expressing many of your points and most only got back the standard response.  Is the park really listening to the concerns or will they just continue to sell the Prestige Pass in quantity and thus further water down the experience....  Let's face it, most that bought the Prestige Pass are not the typical passholder that uses the pass 5 times or less.  Most of them are the frequent visitors, so the amenities are going to be spread thin.

To be clear, my entire above statement is an “IF” statement. We shall see how things are once next year starts. 

20 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

To be clear, my entire above statement is an “IF” statement. We shall see how things are once next year starts. 

The IF statement will come to fruition IF the passholders stay silent and simply let the park devalue the pass.  What can they offer to take away the bait-n-switch feeling the prestige passholders are experiencing and expressing on social media?

Does moving the VIP to the grassy area next to the Restroom across from Hanks constitute an improvement?

Does providing fountain drinks next year constitute an improvement over the bottled beverages?

Does....

Or...what can they offer that is above and beyond what was proposed when they purchased that folks will feel like they got their money's worth?  Is it ERT for just Prestige holders?  Extra BAF days?  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Go ahead and mark “added language not guaranteeing a spot in Preferred Parking” off your Bingo card. 

479722CC-EA84-4CE7-98B1-80668B35C060.jpeg

Shows that they know they can’t/won’t accommodate another benefit that we paid for. Such a disappointing bait-and-switch. 

Yep, I posted here the original language when this change was made.

Now the question will be will they do that the Lounge areas, and will they end up limiting the one-time use FastLane ride to so many per day?  Remember in the Paramount days when they had the two-ride Tuesdays where you could stay in your seat if you got one of the available cards they were handing out?  It was a limited number and first come first serve.

• 2 months later...
On 11/28/2022 at 2:21 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

No drinks mentioned at all now unless it is considered an exclusive amenity :P

image.png

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Many didn't renew drink plan based on drink offering at the time of said Prestige pass purchase...

Humm, I did not purchase that pass, but if I had, I never would have thought of not renewing my drink plan. I'm not sure I would have wanted to walk back to the other side of the park to grab a drink before entering the next queue. Especially if I'm in Soak City.

16 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Humm, I did not purchase that pass, but if I had, I never would have thought of not renewing my drink plan. I'm not sure I would have wanted to walk back to the other side of the park to grab a drink before entering the next queue. Especially if I'm in Soak City.

True, but they also said there would be a VIP lounge in Soak City with the expectation that it would be comparable and now it is just loosely called an area LOL.

Many folks that purchased Prestige are non-riders (drivers for their kids and grandkids LOL) and thus looked at the drink offering as a reason to not purchase drink plan as they planned to spend most of the day in Prestige or close by.  And I suspect some of these are the same ones that caused said bottled beverages to disappear as they were loading up the drinks in bags and handing to family members without said pass.

• Like 1

I feel this will be an interesting season overall. I know that the Prestige passes were available to use near the end of the season last year for those that purchased them and there were many a hiccup along the way. So my hope is that for those who purchased the Prestige passes have a smoother time this year. 

I also wonder if because of said Prestige passes having a one time use per visit FL ticket if that is the reason the All Season Fast Lane hasn't sold out yet. I know those tend to sell out in a relatively quick manner and I noticed that they are still available for an option to add on. Either that or maybe they have allotted more for sale? 

7 hours ago, DJSkyFoxx said:

I feel this will be an interesting season overall. I know that the Prestige passes were available to use near the end of the season last year for those that purchased them and there were many a hiccup along the way. So my hope is that for those who purchased the Prestige passes have a smoother time this year. 

I also wonder if because of said Prestige passes having a one time use per visit FL ticket if that is the reason the All Season Fast Lane hasn't sold out yet. I know those tend to sell out in a relatively quick manner and I noticed that they are still available for an option to add on. Either that or maybe they have allotted more for sale? 

Right, I just purchased 4 of the All Season Fastlanes today and was surprised they're still available.  Thankfully 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I find it interesting (and quite concerning/annoying) that we are 2 days out from park opening and there has been ZERO communication to Prestige Passholders about the 2023 season as far as the new location of the lounge, the passholder entrance, etc...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chad_1138 said:

I find it interesting (and quite concerning/annoying) that we are 2 days out from park opening and there has been ZERO communication to Prestige Passholders about the 2023 season offerings (parking, entrance, lounge, etc...)

what do you mean? they already announced what we get lol. what more do you want?

41 minutes ago, RedSummit20 said:

what do you mean? they already announced what we get lol. what more do you want?

I'd assume, based on reading his post, that he is looking for communication from the park.  Specifically, information about parking, exclusive entrance, and the VIP lounge(s).

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, RedSummit20 said:

So, they announced where the Premiere Passholder entrance is?  They announced where the new lounge is?  Please send me those links.  That is what I was talking about.

• Haha 1

I can already see the "exclusive" entrance for Prestige holders being the longest line at opening due to how many were sold LOL.

But hey, the park still has a few days to send a notice of where the VIP lounge has been relocated to; how one accesses the preferred lot (do you have to "reserve" early like one purchases the lot pass or is it a flash the pass and they let you know if there is availability; where the exclusive entrance is (left, middle, or center of turnstiles or the old Paramount pass entrance); where one gets the front of line pass (it is guest services or did they set up a kiosk somewhere to do it or get it at VIP lounge), what fruit will be placed in the coolers, etc. 

Or they simply forgot about the biggest park spenders and let you figure out (or intentionally didn't notify to let this be the gripe and take heat off all the bait and switch they did....)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chad_1138 said:

So, they announced where the Premiere Passholder entrance is?  They announced where the new lounge is?  Please send me those links.  That is what I was talking about.

I can let you know tonight when i go if i see anything??? Does that work? smh.....

4 minutes ago, RedSummit20 said:

I can let you know tonight when i go if i see anything??? Does that work? smh.....

Why the need to come off so rude?  I was simply asking a question, considering what those of us who purchased these passes laid out, I would expect communication for the park.

Just now, chad_1138 said:

Why the need to come off so rude?  I was simply asking a question, considering what those of us who purchased these passes laid out, I would expect communication for the park.

Not meaning to come off rude. Just hate when i see people complain at something new the park put out with what all they have going on to get ready for opening weekend. Im sure its on their list but isnt on the top. I use to work there and theres a lot to get ready for opening day/weekend. IMO they made it clear last year what we get. Im sorry i came off rude no intentions on that. Just get frustrated when people dont give the park a chance. that is all 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedSummit20 said:

Not meaning to come off rude. Just hate when i see people complain at something new the park put out with what all they have going on to get ready for opening weekend. Im sure its on their list but isnt on the top. I use to work there and theres a lot to get ready for opening day/weekend. IMO they made it clear last year what we get. Im sorry i came off rude no intentions on that. Just get frustrated when people dont give the park a chance. that is all 

No worries.  Trust me, I love this park.  This is our family's 8th season as passholders.  It's just that in the digital age we live in, communication is not something this is really time consuming.  Didn't mean to come off as complaining, just like to know what to expect before the day of.

3 minutes ago, chad_1138 said:

No worries.  Trust me, I love this park.  This is our family's 8th season as passholders.  It's just that in the digital age we live in, communication is not something this is really time consuming.  Didn't mean to come off as complaining, just like to know what to expect before the day of.

all good were all in this together :)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

If they are charging you additional for services, that should be their first priority, period.

The park has plenty of employees to communicate those things, they have an entire department for it.

heres your info ;) 

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/season-passes?utm_id=23SSP&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwtn0l9Wk_gIV5BitBh1CpQ4IEAAYASAAEgIx5fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds 

9 minutes ago, RedSummit20 said:

So either VIP lounge didn't change locations or Adventure Express exit is now next to the restrooms or they are not finished updating the FAQ :P....

Nice to see they eliminated an hour per day from the Lounge schedule...

image.png