Kings Island Prestige Pass

Stoan

1 hour ago, DJSkyFoxx said:

It will be interesting to see if they decide to make any positive changes this year. It is still the beginning of the season and I try really hard to give some grace for new things, but seeing as they had a bit of a trial run with it near the middle end of last season and all off season to smooth out some of the bumps, its just a bit jarring and it appears to be an incredibly anemic offering for those that paid the extra bucks for what they felt were initially great benefits. As I've said before, I really feel bad for folks who got these passes in hopes of getting a great experience out of them but instead are being treated to things they could get literally anywhere else. And like most of you have said, if they do not make any concrete, realistic and money-worthy changes, I do not see most people wanting to renew this level of pass. And that's even if CF brings it back. 

The fact that they built the VIP Lounge implies to me that they’re pretty committed to it. 

And I’m sure that they are exploring other things to do. Personally, as it stands now, I’m not happy with it but I’m not angry. So long as things like VIP, Preferred Parking, and line skips work as advertised then I’m not angry. I would have been elated with the program the way that it stood when I bought the pass last year. If it were renewal time now, it would be a tough decision. If they added maybe private events for Prestige or really anything to add value then it would probably tilt the scales in favor. 

• Like 4

Yeah, I am sure there are leftover sweets that they can't sell that they could randomly stock in LOL.  Those random 3 pieces of fudge, cupcakes, etc.

Or thinking ahead if they get rid of Prestige or the demand isn't there and it goes away, I am sure they have something else in mind that could go in the Lounge spot.

That is why it surprising to me that they didn't incorporate running water/waste into the place and put in a freestyle machine or regular soda fountain dispensing machine like down at Skyline.  In addition to somewhat making up for the bottled beverages being removed (and I don't think anyone will agree cooler water is a suitable replacement), with water/waste there, it could easily and quickly be turned into an unique or specialty food place if Prestige ultimately fails.  It would be a great setup for the chef plate or some variation thereof.

I mean they are close enough to the restrooms that they could pipe it in later, but they had a great opportunity and a grass area to incorporate something a little more permanent and multi-use later if needed. 

17 hours ago, disco2000 said:

Yeah, I am sure there are leftover sweets that they can't sell that they could randomly stock in LOL.  Those random 3 pieces of fudge, cupcakes, etc.

Or thinking ahead if they get rid of Prestige or the demand isn't there and it goes away, I am sure they have something else in mind that could go in the Lounge spot.

That is why it surprising to me that they didn't incorporate running water/waste into the place and put in a freestyle machine or regular soda fountain dispensing machine like down at Skyline.  In addition to somewhat making up for the bottled beverages being removed (and I don't think anyone will agree cooler water is a suitable replacement), with water/waste there, it could easily and quickly be turned into an unique or specialty food place if Prestige ultimately fails.  It would be a great setup for the chef plate or some variation thereof.

I mean they are close enough to the restrooms that they could pipe it in later, but they had a great opportunity and a grass area to incorporate something a little more permanent and multi-use later if needed. 

Wow. Didn’t realize there wasn’t even water/waste lines. That’s dumb. They could’ve made the center a mini “bar” with that and like you mentioned even had a drink machine. Seems like a lot of build for little useable infrastructure

2 hours ago, brenthodge said:

Wow. Didn’t realize there wasn’t even water/waste lines. That’s dumb. They could’ve made the center a mini “bar” with that and like you mentioned even had a drink machine. Seems like a lot of build for little useable infrastructure

There is running tap water in the VIP lounge. There is a spigot right above the infused water coolers to keep them topped off.

https://ohparent.com/kings-island-opens-vip-lounge-for-prestige-passholders/

IMG_3224.png

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 12:28 PM, Taylor.B03 said:

An Idea I had for the vip lounge is something I think would add value to it. Companies can come in and give away free product samples to members of the vip lounge, that way it can A: Generate some revenue through sponsorships and B: Become an advertisement platform for different companies. Also with that, maybe Kings Island themselves could test a new menu item for members of the VIP lounge. Things like this would make it feel exclusive and more valuable since you would get more than just water and chips. 

Interesting idea; that reminds me of that "put-your-name-on-a-Coke" promotion they did at the park years ago near the Effiel Tower.

24 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I’m still on the fence. Honestly the preferred parking alone may be worth it. We’ll see how I feel on august when they want more of my money. :D

Same feeling.  I didn't think the preferred parking would be a huge deal for us, but man, when I need to run back out to the car, it is so nice.  The 1 ride fastlane is also a nice perk, especially for The Beast on Haunt nights.

As far as next season, I'm holding my decision until August when we see how the experience is over the next 3 months.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I’m still on the fence. Honestly the preferred parking alone may be worth it. We’ll see how I feel on august when they want more of my money. :D

Preferred to me alone is 100% worth it! When we went up last sat with a full parking lot. We got right into Preferred with no issues. 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 9:35 AM, BoddaH1994 said:

Meanwhile at Six Flags Fiesta Texas:

IMG_5993.jpeg

so KI just needs a company sponsor to the VIP area like Skyline Chili or LaRosa's  to have better benefits so people can stop complaining about chips and pop ? 

• Like 1

I will say in the 86° Heat of the afternoon, the fans and breeze and shade kept me cool in the VIP area. Im becoming a fan of the area and any new additions such as outlets for charging, VIP Wi-Fi only or locker rentals added would be a nice touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Received a survey about your Prestige Pass Experience...
Thank you for being a Prestige Passholder! We invite you to complete the following survey about the elite benefits of this pass. Your feedback will help us to improve and deliver new exclusive and unique experiences during your visit to the park.

Survey received and sent back with a lot of positive feedback and negative feedback since being a member from last year to this year. Hopefully you received one also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1