Kings Island Prestige Pass

Stoan

For any PP members that were there Saturday and/or Sunday before park opening, did they pull the PP line up to the front to be the first to scan in like they did Friday?  Just curious if that was a Preview Day thing or everyday.  Have to admit, that was kind of nice :)

one of the big reasons I bought the PP was for VIP area. Just a place to "get away" from the crowds and relax without seeing many people in the park or people watch. I know the temp area is fine and cannot wait to see the completed permanent structure and with restaurant and drink location so close I don't care about the offerings other than a nice place to sit to relax. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jdf21972 said:

one of the big reasons I bought the PP was for VIP area. Just a place to "get away" from the crowds and relax without seeing many people in the park or people watch. I know the temp area is fine and cannot wait to see the completed permanent structure and with restaurant and drink location so close I don't care about the offerings other than a nice place to sit to relax. 

Yes, the permanent structure brings small hope (but hope) that they might have a more refined set up. Even the old area seemed hastily put together even though it was there for like 2-3 years? I am perfectly happy with just asking the check-in person (which I confused so much by asking for a burger and fries when I checked in) for a bag of chips (downgrade small bags).

Again, just imagine what all could be done if they just tied more things to your passes. What about a soda machine/chip vending machine that didn't take cash but simply needed you to scan your pass and make a selection. Just so they can find out that Karen Jones for some reason is trying to eat 45 bags of Cheetos a day. Even if this leads to a small limit on how much free crap I can get out of it, as long as it keeps the stuff from just disappearing.

• Like 2

The Prestige Pass with the parking alone is worth it to me. What is it $35 for preferred now, then wanting that EVERY visit. That adds up. As far as the VIP i have the drink plan so no biggie on that. It will be nice to have its own place. I think they should/could add that we get 1 person in with us. Many times im there with a friend or my daughter that dont have a pass, then i want to go in there but "feel" bad so i dont. 

So then im not getting my use for it. Same thing with the front of the line pass. Should/could be you plus 1. Idk maybe they add that in the future who knows. 

Overall im excited for this year and cant wait to see what it brings to the table. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stoan said:

Yes, the permanent structure brings small hope (but hope) that they might have a more refined set up. Even the old area seemed hastily put together even though it was there for like 2-3 years? I am perfectly happy with just asking the check-in person (which I confused so much by asking for a burger and fries when I checked in) for a bag of chips (downgrade small bags).

Again, just imagine what all could be done if they just tied more things to your passes. What about a soda machine/chip vending machine that didn't take cash but simply needed you to scan your pass and make a selection. Just so they can find out that Karen Jones for some reason is trying to eat 45 bags of Cheetos a day. Even if this leads to a small limit on how much free crap I can get out of it, as long as it keeps the stuff from just disappearing.

The old VIP area was built for 2022’s 50th celebration. It wasn’t there for years. 

1 hour ago, RedSummit20 said:

The Prestige Pass with the parking alone is worth it to me. What is it $35 for preferred now, then wanting that EVERY visit. That adds up. As far as the VIP i have the drink plan so no biggie on that. It will be nice to have its own place. I think they should/could add that we get 1 person in with us. Many times im there with a friend or my daughter that dont have a pass, then i want to go in there but "feel" bad so i dont. 

So then im not getting my use for it. Same thing with the front of the line pass. Should/could be you plus 1. Idk maybe they add that in the future who knows. 

Overall im excited for this year and cant wait to see what it brings to the table. 

Now that I’m using Preferred Parking, I kind of agree. The real question is will there typically be a spot for you if you don’t show up first thing in the morning once the core season hits? If there is then I agree the pass is pretty much worth it for that alone. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

The old VIP area was built for 2022’s 50th celebration. It wasn’t there for years. 

Now that I’m using Preferred Parking, I kind of agree. The real question is will there typically be a spot for you if you don’t show up first thing in the morning once the core season hits? If there is then I agree the pass is pretty much worth it for that alone. 

So i heard that its a fcfs basis as far as parking. Once its full its full. I do think they need a gate on that so it can count the cars in vs cars out. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RedSummit20 said:

So i heard that its a fcfs basis as far as parking. Once its full its full. I do think they need a gate on that so it can count the cars in vs cars out. 

Are they going to sell Preferred at the tolls if it’s full? What about those who purchased online? Are they going to tell Prestige people that it’s full when there are clearly spots available to hold spots for online purchases? 

7 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Are they going to sell Preferred at the tolls if it’s full? What about those who purchased online? Are they going to tell Prestige people that it’s full when there are clearly spots available to hold spots for online purchases? 

My understanding is Preferred is now only sold online a day before and cannot purchase day of (but does that mean the toll gate got the memo or will they change it back if too many complain?), but yes you raise a valid point - if they sold out the preferred by the day before, then that means no Prestige could get in even if the lot is empty because you were the first one there.

my information is that they are not upselling summer, gold, platinum pass holder the $15 difference to park in preferred this year due to prestige passes. They can pay full price preferred online the day before or same day at tolls only. they only have a certain allotted amount to sell online. they have the tech to have vouchers and prestige to scan entering and exiting just like the tolls as a way of knowing the amount of spaces available to prevent overselling. hopefully they can expand the area in the future. 

Edit: I now have the correct information that season passes ca upgrade to preferred parking for $25. It was told before the season opened that it will not be offered and now that has changed.

3 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I think what he means is that the structure was there for years. The VIP structure last year was from the old ladder game.

I might just be misremembering I thought I remembered seeing the VIP tents set up in the 2021 season. Either way, it was thrown together.

18 minutes ago, jdf21972 said:

my information is that they are not upselling summer, gold, platinum pass holder the $15 difference to park in preferred this year due to prestige passes. They can pay full price preferred online the day before or same day at tolls only. they only have a certain allotted amount to sell online. they have the tech to have vouchers and prestige to scan entering and exiting just like the tolls as a way of knowing the amount of spaces available to prevent overselling. hopefully they can expand the area in the future. 

What % do you think is upgrades vs outright purchases? 

And if everything you listed is true, that may just be enough to make it work. Of course, this may be at the price of opportunity cost. 

18 minutes ago, Stoan said:

I might just be misremembering I thought I remembered seeing the VIP tents set up in the 2021 season. Either way, it was thrown together.

Are you sure you aren’t thinking of Cedar Point?

6 hours ago, disco2000 said:

My understanding is Preferred is now only sold online a day before and cannot purchase day of (but does that mean the toll gate got the memo or will they change it back if too many complain?), but yes you raise a valid point - if they sold out the preferred by the day before, then that means no Prestige could get in even if the lot is empty because you were the first one there.

I could be wrong, but on Saturday I though I saw at the toll that Preferred Parking was $30. That suggests to me that Preferred Parking was for sale at the toll. But maybe I'm mistaken and that was a flashback from previous years. I came and went from Preferred Parking twice. Both times, the lot was not full and a parking spot could easily be found. Driving through, the main parking lot appeared fairly full. Which makes sense, because the park was busy with long queues. As always, a good time was enjoyed by all.

31 minutes ago, NegativeGs said:

I could be wrong, but on Saturday I though I saw at the toll that Preferred Parking was $30. That suggests to me that Preferred Parking was for sale at the toll. But maybe I'm mistaken and that was a flashback from previous years. I came and went from Preferred Parking twice. Both times, the lot was not full and a parking spot could easily be found. Driving through, the main parking lot appeared fairly full. Which makes sense, because the park was busy with long queues. As always, a good time was enjoyed by all.

Or maybe it is you cannot purchase online day of but they will still have availability at the toll?  Or someone didn't get the memo LOL.  Or someone told me bad info LOL.

2 hours ago, disco2000 said:

Or maybe it is you cannot purchase online day off but they will still have availability at the toll?  Or someone didn't get the memo LOL.  Or someone told me bad info LOL.

…or the decision was made before they had the opportunity to change the signs. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

For those wondering, the new VIP lounge opens this weekend!

https://www.facebook.com/visitkingsisland/photos/a.226729858367/10162512061848368/

Getting a lot done in such a short timespan already; I'm hopeful for this year. I wonder if they'll have TV's and such like last season lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

By "such" do you mean bottled drinks :P

I remember someone saying that they were removed this year due to people abusing privileges; but in my mind I couldn't remember if they had anything else so I just put such. I just remember those couches with the tables, chips, drinks, the TVs with sports on, and my mind somehow wants to tell me that there were ceiling fans as well but I'm not too sure. I was in the lounge very scarcely lol

The bottled drinks were removed from the lounge last year a mere WEEKS after people bought said pass due to the abusers.

Similar to the chaperone policy, the park penalized those that paid 3 times as much for this pass instead of penalizing the abusers or developing a solution to prevent the abuse while still providing said benefits that were being provided when people purchased Prestige and based their purchasing decision on said benefits...

1 minute ago, chad_1138 said:

I am hoping that if they keep the team members scanning you into the Lounge and having the snacks behind the counter, that they will bring back the bottled drinks.  Super easy solution.

That is too logical and makes too much sense LOL, but perhaps dozens of emails to guest relations suggesting that will offer a return to the prized bottled beverages....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

That is too logical and makes too much sense LOL, but perhaps dozens of emails to guest relations suggesting that will offer a return to the prized bottled beverages....

I wish it does return honestly. If we get lucky, the bad apples won't abuse the drinks again and we can have it once more. Very convenient when you need to relax and get a water before heading over to FoF for that air conditioning + ride on a 87 degree day lol

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, jdf21972 said:

maybe in the future they can install a self-scan drink machine for dispensing bottle drinks or cups to be filled with pop. have some fresh popcorn made from the pop corn stands brought in also. 

Possibly like one of those higher quality vending machines where you could (in theory) scan your prestige pass and get a drink via the tube that collects it and dispenses it into a little door? Also in order to prevent abuse it would have only so many uses per few hours or so. 

However this is a big what if - installing these could be pricey or complicated.

• Like 3

There is a way to do bottled beverages that would be more difficult to abuse.  Have a bar that is staffed at all times the lounge is open.  You have to request your drink just like the chips and they open everything before passing it to the guest.  You still get a bottle or can, but your not going to be grabbing 10 of them to take home.

I am really not surprised the park is cracking down on abuse.  On several occasions last year I watched people take bags into the lounge, everything from backpacks to the clear bags you get from stores and filled them with bags of chips.

Personally I would also be happy with a pair of the Coke Freestyle machines.

31 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

The biggest issue with the Coke Freestyle machines is the VIP lounge would become overrun by bees as they love to hang around those machines. 

^ This

Wherever there's something sweet to be had the bees are on it lol

• Like 1

I have seen on the Kings Island Season Passholders page on Facebook that select Prestige+ Passholders got an invite to media day for the Boardwalk at Cedar Point as an enhanced Pass Perk. That is a pretty cool perk in my opinion. Maybe other Prestige and Prestige+ Passholders will get invited to Adventure Port’s Media Day.