Kings Island Prestige Pass

Stoan

3 hours ago, TheBeast54 said:

^ This

Wherever there's something sweet to be had the bees are on it lol

100%.  Last year I grabbed a Cherry Coke from Tower Drinks.  Took a drink and got a piece of ice in my mouth.   Went to crunch it, and, yeah…it wasn’t ice.  At least it didn’t sting my mouth.

• Sad 1

New VIP area is nice, same kind of setup as last year. Couple of seats, few TVs, no couches this time though but some adirondack chairs instead. Interesting enough less static shade though with the trees more overall. 

Still just water, though some with lemon and some with lime. Larger bags of chips again.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2023 at 7:27 PM, chad_1138 said:

100%.  Last year I grabbed a Cherry Coke from Tower Drinks.  Took a drink and got a piece of ice in my mouth.   Went to crunch it, and, yeah…it wasn’t ice.  At least it didn’t sting my mouth.

bees-not-the-bees.gif

• Haha 1

On 4/29/2023 at 12:09 AM, Taylor.B03 said:

image.png

For those who are curious about what the temporary vip area looks like now

Still don’t understand why they don’t turn that area into a mini bier garden. The bar is there, the food is right next door at Festhaus, and that could be such a nice little themed area with overhead banners/flags. Even if they reworked the queue to VF to make the path through the trees a connecting path to the other side and moved the entrance to the ride to that path so it is shorter. The switchbacks could accommodate any queue since they never seem to be used any that could be a nice little wooded walk connecting the two main walkways. That way there would be more through traffic access to the new bar area. Seems like such a wasted space. Even if they made more of a permanent mini stage (like the have at haunt) for a few small local acts to play in weekend evenings. 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, brenthodge said:

Still don’t understand why they don’t turn that area into a mini bier garden. The bar is there, the food is right next door at Festhaus, and that could be such a nice little themed area with overhead banners/flags. Even if they reworked the queue to VF to make the path through the trees a connecting path to the other side and moved the entrance to the ride to that path so it is shorter. The switchbacks could accommodate any queue since they never seem to be used any that could be a nice little wooded walk connecting the two main walkways. That way there would be more through traffic access to the new bar area. Seems like such a wasted space. Even if they made more of a permanent mini stage (like the have at haunt) for a few small local acts to play in weekend evenings. 

I agree that they should connect the area in between Viking Fury and the funnel cake stand into a path that leads to the Festhaus plaza. I work the Viking ship and I can't tell you the number of times the operators especially the person up in the drive box has to go "If you're looking for the entrance to this ride it is around the pond across from the Festhaus". I can get how confusing it is because you can see the ride, queue, and exit path clear as day from the area near the tower and Enriques, but you can't find the entrance. It also leads to the issue of people jumping the fence onto the exit pathway from the grass/mulch hill there which thats another thing the driver in the drive box has to say over and over "do not jump the fence"

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I agree that they should connect the area in between Viking Fury and the funnel cake stand into a path that leads to the Festhaus plaza. I work the Viking ship and I can't tell you the number of times the operators especially the person up in the drive box has to go "If you're looking for the entrance to this ride it is around the pond across from the Festhaus". I can get how confusing it is because you can see the ride, queue, and exit path clear as day from the area near the tower and Enriques, but you can't find the entrance. It also leads to the issue of people jumping the fence onto the exit pathway from the grass/mulch hill there which thats another thing the driver in the drive box has to say over and over "do not jump the fence"

That must’ve been you last Saturday LOL. I had never heard that before. I was like “how has that suddenly become a problem?” I think with Adventure port and the new VIP area there, there’s going to be a lot more traffic in that area and this will be more of an issue. A new wooded path though the “forest” would help with flow. 

• Like 2

Currently in Orlando, Seaworld gives their pass members free drinks and a place to sit in the air conditioning, and all I could think of was how people paid a lot of money to eat a bag of chips in whatever the weather is for the day.

B001FE4E-6FC6-43B1-962B-8CA1F344B728.jpeg

6E3E375A-1705-4CC1-85E9-DB25D73B9070.jpeg

• Like 3

When you think about it, the Festhaus is essentially a lounge anyways with climate control, TVs and live entertainment as well as food/drink. Granted food and drinks are not included with the experience and it can get a little crowded at times, its still essentially a lounge that no one had to pay extra for. Just a thought *shurgs*

Also, it would have been cool had Cedar Fair done something like Hershey Park with a swag bag. Some magnets, a cup, some other kind of trinket inside a drawstring bag. Just something to show appreciation to the upgraded pass holders or even long time passholders. 

• Like 3

It seems simple to me.  You scan in, they give you your beverage of choice. You scan out ànd you can only take your bottled drink if it's been open. You have some light snacks available. You get your one use wristband for Fast Lane the first time you scan in.  That wristband is for the pass holder only, even if they have a Fast Lane for the day or year. 

Also, if you have platinum level prestige pass, you should at a minimum, get preferred parking and a skip the line pass at other cf parks. Lounge chairs f they have it.  

I haven't seen the new lounge, but from the looks of the photos, it appears last year's lounge was more shaded and upscale. This years building looks more appropriate for Rivertown than whatever this area will be considered. But they will get a great spot for the parades.

5 hours ago, Tr0y said:

Currently in Orlando, Seaworld gives their pass members free drinks and a place to sit in the air conditioning, and all I could think of was how people paid a lot of money to eat a bag of chips in whatever the weather is for the day.

What bothers me is KI has an indoor area of this size or even larger that is hardly ever used located above the front entrance. I just don't understand why they couldn't retrofit the International Restaurant into a prestige pass lounge like the SeaWorld parks have. It would've probably been a lot cheaper to do that then to build that new structure. 

My answer to that is they likely use that/rent that out for various corporate events throughout the season.  They may not make a lot of money off of that, but it is a revenue center.  Converting it to a lounge, would loose that as a revenue center.

• Like 1

An Idea I had for the vip lounge is something I think would add value to it. Companies can come in and give away free product samples to members of the vip lounge, that way it can A: Generate some revenue through sponsorships and B: Become an advertisement platform for different companies. Also with that, maybe Kings Island themselves could test a new menu item for members of the VIP lounge. Things like this would make it feel exclusive and more valuable since you would get more than just water and chips. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tr0y said:

But if the weather happens to be perfect and you’re not that hungry then you got a pretty good deal! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well if it is a trouble executing what corporate wanted, then every park with Prestige is failing lol.

None of them offer bottled drinks anymore and they did when Prestige was first offered.  Carowinds used to have prepacked cookies and brownies and now just cooler water and chips.

The International Restaurant could be used for a climate controlled location.  It is rented out so infrequently (except for during WF), that the park could still provide it as VIP along with a list of published black out/not available days.  Especially if they still had an outdoor one for the few days it isn't available.

The big issue is, and why everyone is so vocal, is that take KI for example where they teased us all summer what the Lounge looked like as you come off of Adventure Express and you see the shaded seats with outdoor couches, fans, TVs, variety of snacks, and bottled beverages.

So when they then offered the Prestige Pass, everyone remembers what benefits they saw with that, plus preferred parking for 2023, VIP Lounge in Soak City, one-time use FL, and bring 2 guests free and bought it.  Then quickly, within days to a few weeks after people purchased it, bottled drinks got taken away.  Now preferred parking says subject to availability.  No outdoor couches in the new VIP. Soak City Lounge is now only being advertised as seating with no snacks or cooler water mentioned.

Many called it the bait and switch.  A wise former member here used to say "they have your money and things are subject to change".  Many have sent in complaints to guest services.  BeeastFarmer has spelled out a great way to bring back said benefits people were expecting so that it isn't abused.

I am sure some will renew Prestige if they decide to offer it again, but everyone I know that has Prestige has been adamant that they are not renewing Prestige next year unless some pretty significant perks are added this year.  The value just isn't there now for many people and their reason for initially purchasing the Prestige is gone.

• Like 4

First, not a prestige member but have had a pass every year in existence.

Well everyone that comes to the park has limited parking as there are not infinite spaces.

I think the new VIP area is a bit underwhelming as it is smaller from what I can tell than last year and not very covered.,

I think they could implement a scan your pass and you get a drink/snack every 2 hours rule at the station.

For most the FL passes seem to be the big thing.

But as my daughter and I do, we get there at open and can usually lap the park on coasters before the crowds hit.

Go on weekends and later in day and at end of year with that strategy and you will get LOTS of rides on anything.

Also so on days when the weather is not so good.  Did that as a kid and had same results.

Just never saw the Prestige pass as a good thing worth all that extra money.

4 hours ago, CoastersRZ said:

My answer to that is they likely use that/rent that out for various corporate events throughout the season.  They may not make a lot of money off of that, but it is a revenue center.  Converting it to a lounge, would loose that as a revenue center.

Busch Gardens uses it for both:

7F815887-DCAA-4FE1-A50C-070116CA72B9.jpeg

981B5D1C-8533-48FF-B13C-CD1A7DD061BA.jpeg

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see if they decide to make any positive changes this year. It is still the beginning of the season and I try really hard to give some grace for new things, but seeing as they had a bit of a trial run with it near the middle end of last season and all off season to smooth out some of the bumps, its just a bit jarring and it appears to be an incredibly anemic offering for those that paid the extra bucks for what they felt were initially great benefits. As I've said before, I really feel bad for folks who got these passes in hopes of getting a great experience out of them but instead are being treated to things they could get literally anywhere else. And like most of you have said, if they do not make any concrete, realistic and money-worthy changes, I do not see most people wanting to renew this level of pass. And that's even if CF brings it back. 

• Like 3