Jump to content

Kings Island Prestige Pass


Stoan
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Stoan said:

I mean, TBH I bought it this year because I expected this in 2024. The first season people will be skeptical, the park may be naive, but as soon as this is proven as a success to visitors or too successful to the park and stuff starts being restricted, just like the Meal Plan, I wanted to get what I can. If this pass causing things to get crowded the first time, it will only be worse the 2nd time. Though I hope, and doubt that maybe the park will offer a limited series next time IF this gets super popular.

They won’t limit the sales: 

2024: “Each Prestige Pass and Prestige Pass Plus will give the holder ONE (1) bottle soft drink or water and ONE (1) snack each visit. Capacity in the VIP Lounge and Preferred Parking is limited and on a first come, first serve basis. Each visit entitles the passholder to ONE (1) Skip The Line Pass for each visit, Sunday through Thursday, between April and Labor Day. [Insert new coaster name here] is not eligible for the Skip The Line program.”

^ That would be my prediction for the Kinzel-era Cedar Fair if he were still around. It’s going to be extremely interesting to see what 2023 and 2024 look like with this program. I don’t think they’ll limit sales, but if they have thousands of participants then they’ll either have to expand the amenities or go down a pretty rotten path. I think most in the company would take the high road. Some wouldn’t. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The chips and drinks are just sitting out. I'm curious how they expect to limit it to one per person. (I see this is your prediction, yeah i can see this).

 

 

 

Also this front of ride pass is starting to be a gigantic pain. I have to go to customer service after lunch since the fast pass kiosk is closed. I have to have everyone in my family standing there to get them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

They won’t limit the sales: 

2024: “Each Prestige Pass and Prestige Pass Plus will give the holder ONE (1) bottle soft drink or water and ONE (1) snack each visit. Capacity in the VIP Lounge and Preferred Parking is limited and on a first come, first serve basis. Each visit entitles the passholder to ONE (1) Skip The Line Pass for each visit, Sunday through Thursday, between April and Labor Day. [Insert new coaster name here] is not eligible for the Skip The Line program.”

^ That would be my prediction for the Kinzel-era Cedar Fair if he were still around. It’s going to be extremely interesting to see what 2023 and 2024 look like with this program. I don’t think they’ll limit sales, but if they have thousands of participants then they’ll either have to expand the amenities or go down a pretty rotten path. I think most in the company would take the high road. Some wouldn’t. 

Especially if KI adds a new ride in the future the sales will sky rocket for the skip the line for a new ride if one does come in the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Stoan said:

The chips and drinks are just sitting out. I'm curious how they expect to limit it to one per person. (I see this is your prediction, yeah i can see this).

 

 

 

Also this front of ride pass is starting to be a gigantic pain. I have to go to customer service after lunch since the fast pass kiosk is closed. I have to have everyone in my family standing there to get them.

And the snacks and drink offerings are being reduced weekly in type and variety...

They need to add some self serve kiosks for the front of the line pass because nobody wants to stand in guest services line to get front of the line pass on busy days.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stoan said:
1 hour ago, Stoan said:

The chips and drinks are just sitting out. I'm curious how they expect to limit it to one per person. (I see this is your prediction, yeah i can see this).

 

 

 

Also this front of ride pass is starting to be a gigantic pain. I have to go to customer service after lunch since the fast pass kiosk is closed. I have to have everyone in my family standing there to get them.

Have you tried getting your front of the line at the check your height stand behind the Fast Lane stand?  That is where we get ours.  It is usually staffed into the early evening.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stoan said:

Also this front of ride pass is starting to be a gigantic pain. I have to go to customer service after lunch since the fast pass kiosk is closed. I have to have everyone in my family standing there to get them.

I think it would make the most sense to get them at the VIP tent.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, disco2000 said:

And the snacks and drink offerings are being reduced weekly in type and variety...

They need to add some self serve kiosks for the front of the line pass because nobody wants to stand in guest services line to get front of the line pass on busy days.

I was told by the associate at the VIP tent that they are no longer offering bottled water. That’s a shame since one of the things that put me over the edge of buying it was the bottled water. I don’t like the water out of the Freestyle machines. 
 

I suppose there’s nothing I can really do about it since they have the “subject to change” ‘gotcha!’ language in their paperwork, but I assume that the “perks” are going to be halved by next season. 
 

…not to mention that we may or may not get the benefits at other parks depending on the park and who you ask and what day. 
 

A lot of us spent more on this pass than we ever had before. It’s been several weeks. Time to get your sh-t together, Kings Island. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I was told by the associate at the VIP tent that they are no longer offering bottled water. That’s a shame since one of the things that put me over the edge of buying it was the bottled water. I don’t like the water out of the Freestyle machines. 
 

I suppose there’s nothing I can really do about it since they have the “subject to change” ‘gotcha!’ language in their paperwork, but I assume that the “perks” are going to be halved by next season. 
 

…not to mention that we may or may not get the benefits at other parks depending on the park and who you ask and what day. 
 

A lot of us spent more on this pass than we ever had before. It’s been several weeks. Time to get your sh-t together, Kings Island. 

 

So when the Prestige pass started selling, folks were getting into the VIP and getting to enjoy a variety of soft drinks (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite), Powerade and bottled water that were in the "fridge" as well as a large cooler on wheels full of ice and bottles and cans in there getting ice cold, along with a variety of Frito Lay brand bagged snacks.

Fast forward to last weekend/today and Sprite, Diet Sprite and bottled water are gone, along with the larger cooler on wheels full of ice.  Now you get warm infused water provided in cups that have already shrunk in size from a decent size cup to the "Kinzel" cup lol and warm Coke, Diet Coke and Powerade as the "fridge" can't keep up, along with Boulder Canyon chips that replaced the Frito Lay offerings.

I agree with you that these folks will see a lot of "subject to change" happenings.  Your satire 2024 above may not be far off LOL.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Add me to the list that has become displeased with the lounge.  The removal of the bottled water was a big hit for us.  The infused water was disgusting.  It tasted like what’s left in your cup after the ice melts.  I didn’t have a chance to try the chips.  By the time I wanted some (around 930), all the flavors, save for one, we’re gone.  I asked about it, remembering that in past trips they were restocking the chips until close.  I was told that they don’t get anymore until the next day.  If this keeps up, they can kiss our 4 Prestige Passes goodbye for 2024, as I will just go back to Gold.  On our next trip, if there are more cutbacks, I’ll be visiting guest services.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I was told by the associate at the VIP tent that they are no longer offering bottled water. That’s a shame since one of the things that put me over the edge of buying it was the bottled water. I don’t like the water out of the Freestyle machines. 
 

I suppose there’s nothing I can really do about it since they have the “subject to change” ‘gotcha!’ language in their paperwork, but I assume that the “perks” are going to be halved by next season. 
 

…not to mention that we may or may not get the benefits at other parks depending on the park and who you ask and what day. 
 

A lot of us spent more on this pass than we ever had before. It’s been several weeks. Time to get your sh-t together, Kings Island. 

Sounds like y'all aren't feeling as prestigious as the price tag suggested...  This could quickly backfire on them.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope they bring the bottled water back, I don't drink alot of pop. If they keep taking things away, makes me feel like I Wasted that extra 159 bucks. I could have just gotten a Platinum Pass.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, PKIVortex said:

I hope they bring the bottled water back, I don't drink alot of pop. If they keep taking things away, makes me feel like I Wasted that extra 159 bucks. I could have just gotten a Platinum Pass.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
 

I think a lot are starting to feel that way.  I think if folks don't like the downgrading experience, one needs to make a mention about it to Guest Services.  Only way bottled water comes back is if there are enough complaints.

And they should change the marketing picture from bottled water to the tiny Kinzel cup for the warm infused water :P

image.png

Maybe we will see a Don't Waste Your Money segment on Channel 9 LOL :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The terms and conditions make it pretty clear that lounge access and other prestige benefits only work at your home park.  

But I figured I am at Carowinds for the weekend it cannot hurt to ask.  So I stopped by the lounge and asked if a prestige pass from Kings Island would work, and they said it should let me scan it.  Then proceeds to scan it, says that it’s valid, and gave me a wristband.  

I honestly have no idea what is going on.  Is it supposed to work or not?  Is it a training issue?  They scanned the pass and said the computer showed it as valid.

The Carowinds lounge did not have any bottled beverages.  Just two large containers of ice water, one which was infused.  Plus bags of pretzels and Chex mix.  I spoke with some regulars to the park and their lounge used to have a cooler with bottled beverages, a large selection of snacks, and granola bars.  They have been cutting back   None of these things feel permanent or long term.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

well the vip section was around 39 a day before the prestige pass offered. So I would think it will take the parks a bit to get everything on the same page as far as what the demand will be in the vip area. Since the rollout was a bit lacking in clarity as to what was offered at what park I elected to skip the prestige and stay with the gold/platinum for 2023 and let everything play out for a year. I may go with the prestige  after next season  (2024)  but that will depend on what the reviews the people on this site give for prestige in the 2023 season. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TBH I think they should move the VIP lounge to the International Restaurant. Honestly would be a good space if they are going to give a large amount of passholders VIP access. Do what BGT is doing with the passholder lounge where the whole space becomes the VIP lounge usage with an exclusive menu and stuff like that. I believe there are multiple rooms up there (currently used for meetings that could be moved to other areas around the park) Make a room into a sports game viewing room where they have TV's and a bar and have another room be a kids room where kids can play. Here's a video of BGT's passholder lounge.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And yet the Carowinds VIP site says you get bottled beverages...

image.png

 

It will be interesting to see what Cedar Fair does with this apparent bait and switch.  

Many here may recall after season long meal plans were purchased for the 2nd year, they changed the meal window to two specific time windows and due to outcry changed it to the current 4 hour window, an increase from the 2 hour window the previous year.  We have also seen outcry change when they tried to change offerings at Panda and a few other places mid-season and reverted back to what it was when the season started.

On one hand, the purchasers of the Prestige are probably some of the higher per cap spenders, yet the numbers of Prestige passes would be much less than the number of season meal plans, so the outcry will not be as large in numbers as the meal plans, so if they continue devaluing this experience they are now ticking off some of the folks that contribute the most to per cap numbers.

Based on what is happening, I think they oversold the Prestige passes and are downgrading the offerings to try not to lose their shirt.  Bottled beverages for less than say 100 prestige passholders is a lot easy to manage than hundreds or thousands of passholders.

I know people that have purchased the Prestige in part due to the bottled beverage options (one has a kid allergic to the dye in drinks and cannot get water from the soda fountain machines due to the cross contamination since it is always coupled with Hi-C or lemonade) and removing that after the sale sucks for them.  They were using it as a "drink plan" for their kid instead of buying bottled water.  Now come 2023 and people cannot get into the VIP or preferred parking and we may see this program be a one hit wonder LOL.

It will be interesting to see how they deal with not ticking off these higher paying guests...

It is evident though from this site and social media that many feel the honeymoon is over on this experience already.  I think if CF came out and said "my bad" and explained it wasn't ready for primetime and they feel they cannot provide the experience they were looking to provide and offered refunds for the difference between the pass the person would have bought and Prestige, it would be better received than if the experience is horrific next year.  I think many would accept that given they have already experienced the benefits of front of the line and snacks and drinks that they would be ok with it.  Sure some would be ticked, but they can never please everyone.  It wouldn't surprise me if they evaluate refunds versus the costs to provide a better experience during the off-season.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

^Ugh, that stuff was disgusting.  Tried all the flavors last Friday.  All I could think of each time was it tasted like fruit flavored water diluted after 20 minutes of ice melting in your cup.

I was pretty p***ed off Friday night with the changes.  I am holding out hope that next season we will see better things with the lounge.  #FingersCrossed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

^Based on the direction the VIP lounge has been going here and CP and Carowinds, I do not see bottled beverages next year in the VIP lounge.  

Worse case is simply infused water and best case is they install a soda fountain machine.

But then why spend an extra $175 for a benefit you could have had for $30 literally right next door. 

I think that, between this and the fact that there was vague language about it working at other parks (and still no clear answer - asking us to call is unacceptable), then those who upgraded should have the option to downgrade with a full refund. That “subject to change / gotcha” language doesn’t sit well with me when this is something I paid a lot for. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

^ Exactly!  I said it earlier that I think if CF came out and said "my bad" and explained that after the soft launch of this program, they feel they cannot provide the experience they were looking to provide and offered refunds for the difference between the pass the person would have bought and Prestige, it would be better received than if the experience is horrific next year.  I think many would accept that given they have already experienced the benefits of front of the line and snacks and drinks that they would be ok with it.  Sure some would be ticked, but they can never please everyone.  It wouldn't surprise me if they evaluate refunds versus the costs to provide a better experience during the off-season.

It is evident though from this site and social media that many feel the honeymoon is over on this experience already.  So let's raise the price LOL.  I guess better than giving it away....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/3/2022 at 12:29 AM, BoddaH1994 said:

I was told by the associate at the VIP tent that they are no longer offering bottled water. That’s a shame since one of the things that put me over the edge of buying it was the bottled water. I don’t like the water out of the Freestyle machines. 
 

I suppose there’s nothing I can really do about it since they have the “subject to change” ‘gotcha!’ language in their paperwork, but I assume that the “perks” are going to be halved by next season. 
 

…not to mention that we may or may not get the benefits at other parks depending on the park and who you ask and what day. 
 

A lot of us spent more on this pass than we ever had before. It’s been several weeks. Time to get your sh-t together, Kings Island. 

I think the courts may see it differently if enough people got together and decided to act. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

I think the courts may see it differently if enough people got together and decided to act. 

The most you could expect to get through a lawsuit is a refund, likely minus attorney fees.

Has anyone tried, oh, I dunno, complaining to the park and requesting a refund because they feel the product has been devalued below their expectations?  Pretty important first step before anyone starts talking about lawsuits and what "the courts may see"...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

^ Exactly!  I said it earlier that I think if CF came out and said "my bad" and explained that after the soft launch of this program, they feel they cannot provide the experience they were looking to provide and offered refunds for the difference between the pass the person would have bought and Prestige, it would be better received than if the experience is horrific next year.  I think many would accept that given they have already experienced the benefits of front of the line and snacks and drinks that they would be ok with it.  Sure some would be ticked, but they can never please everyone.  It wouldn't surprise me if they evaluate refunds versus the costs to provide a better experience during the off-season.

It is evident though from this site and social media that many feel the honeymoon is over on this experience already.  So let's raise the price LOL.  I guess better than giving it away....

To be fair, if I had the choice I’d ride it out. We don’t know what we don’t know. Maybe it’ll be revamped for the better next year? 
 

31 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

I think the courts may see it differently if enough people got together and decided to act. 

Hey now, let’s handle this as bros. No need to call the cops! :D

25 minutes ago, jsus said:

The most you could expect to get through a lawsuit is a refund, likely minus attorney fees.

Has anyone tried, oh, I dunno, complaining to the park and requesting a refund because they feel the product has been devalued below their expectations?  Pretty important first step before anyone starts talking about lawsuits and what "the courts may see"...

If there were a class action lawsuit, it would go like any other in which each person would get a $20 check in eight years. 
 

I also know people who have asked about a refund, and they were told it’s against policy. I don’t think the park should get in the habit of refunding passes, but I do think they shouldn’t diminish the benefits the benefits that people have already paid for. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

To be fair, if I had the choice I’d ride it out. We don’t know what we don’t know. Maybe it’ll be revamped for the better next year? 

This.  I think up until the Prestige Pass came out, the lounge was perfect for the amount of people.  We did the lounge one day in July (paid the 39.99), and there were 10 people all day.  

I am hopeful that we will see some good things come next season.  If not, I'll just go back to Gold for 2024.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CP guest services last Saturday stated to me that CP P pass benefits are not available to other park P+ pass holders.

No surprise there. I wonder how many P passes have sold. I have an all-park session FL+, but have yet to see anyone in a FL queue with a single ride FL+ ticket. CP's Millennium Lounge was as empty as usual last week. Personally, I'd rather queue 20 minutes and ride MF, than relax in the nearby lounge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...