Going next week. Just have a few questions.

Tjc82

Hi all. Our family of three is planning on going to KI on Tuesday the 9th. Its a 6 hour drive from us.

According to the weather its going to rain that day. I bought the tickets and everything months ago and they all are for the 9th. Can we use the tickets the next day or are we just out of luck?

Also im disabled and dont do roller-coasters. Are there any shows i shouldnt miss while im there? My boyfriend and son will be riding all the rides.

You can use the tickets on a different day. You will likely just have to pay the difference in price if the price is different on another day. On Wednesday, however, I doubt the tickets would be more expensive.

If you do go on a day where the weather forecast is less than ideal, lines should be very manageable. That is, if the rides don’t shut down due to inclement weather. If you do choose to go on a nicer day, lines should still be pretty manageable.

9 hours ago, Tjc82 said:

Hi all. Our family of three is planning on going to KI on Tuesday the 9th. Its a 6 hour drive from us.

According to the weather its going to rain that day. I bought the tickets and everything months ago and they all are for the 9th. Can we use the tickets the next day or are we just out of luck?

Also im disabled and dont do roller-coasters. Are there any shows i shouldnt miss while im there? My boyfriend and son will be riding all the rides.

ALL of the shows this year are a step above.  Even the Peanuts show.  Off the rails is weather permitting but very entertaining and depending on your love of theatre you may want to see Phantom twice.

• Like 2

1. It's not a "show", but I recommend taking the time to walk through the tower gardens.  There are timeline tiles for every year since 1972, and neat photo displays along the way that chronicle the history of the park.

2. Nearby the tower gardens is the Grand Carousel.  Yeah, it's just merry go round, but its 96 years old and just had a major renovation this past winter.  It looks beautiful, and the Wurlitzer organ is a great original touch and sounds fantastic.  If you are like me and appreciate rare historic amusement park things, with a ridiculous amount of ornate detail and love, take a ride.

3. As mentioned above, I strongly recommend Phantom Theater Encore.  Get there 20+ minutes before showtime. If you are not familiar with the original ride, watch this official POV from KI before you see the show.  Plan to spend a few minutes after the show checking out the cool display on the theater lobby that includes some cool models.

4. The fireworks show at 10PM is well worth your time. This year it celebrates 50 years of KI, and includes lasers, drones, and original music.  We enjoyed our view from right inside the front entrance.