New Italian Job Constuction Photos!

Stevie B has been so kind to brave the 64 degree partly cloudy weather to bring his favorite PKI fansite yet another IJST construction update! biggrin.gif

As you will see from the photos, the parking garage is in the process of being painted, the loading platform is nearing completion, and track is going vertical.

Click here to see the update!

Once again, we want to thank Steve Boehmker for being so generous with his time and being so kind to the staff and members of PKIC.

Well looking at these new pictures and PCW's most recent pictures I think that PKI is now ahead in the building of IJ:ST. Most people on here were saying how PCW was so far ahead and how they were going to finish first, but I think most forgot how Canadian winters can be vicious and it was probably vital for them to start before PKI. This year Ohio has had a fairly mild summer and progress seems rapid.

Nice pics.

I really think that it is just that PCW and PKI are working in different ways.....both of the construction sites are unique and they have different ways/order of doing things. I didn't really ever think that PKI was that far behind PCW, and now it looks like that is true. I think that PKI's construction site seems to have been focusing on the work needed for the structural elements before track installation, which I think is opposite from what PCW is doing.

As has been said before, the thing that takes the longest is all the ground and prep work. Once things go vertical, the progress appears to move at a faster rate. I find it interesting the differences in the contruction of the one at PKI, where they are already painting the finished parking garage structure, but don`t have the center column supposrt for the track up yet. But at Wonderland, they have the central cupports for the track up in the garage area, but have not even begun to cover the parking garage steel with its veneer. Weather and scheduling on each site is probably the main reason.

I find it interesting the differences in the contruction of the one at PKI, where they are already painting the finished parking garage structure, but don`t have the center column supposrt for the track up yet. But at Wonderland, they have the central cupports for the track up in the garage area, but have not even begun to cover the parking garage steel with its veneer. Weather and scheduling on each site is probably the main reason.

I bet it's weather related. Since Canada does have those harsh winters that we've been talking about, I bet they have to do things a certain way to keep them on schedule.