Even More Italian Job Stunt Track Photos!

I think picture #3 proves one of two things:

1) This is a totally new and innovative device.

2) This is going to be the biggest headbanger since the Crystal Beach Cyclone.

Come on #1! lol

Man, than turn certainly would be a banger with OTSR's, wouldn't it? LOL. Anyway, looking nice. Its looks very similiar to the Gerstlauer rides that have been popping up lately. I've been dying to try one of those, as I hear they are just a load of fun to ride. So things are looking good!

- Todd

I agree - its going to make a good headchopper. What I don't get is exactly where the queue will be.

user posted image

Don, I don't think this is the queue line. It could be, but it wouldn't make sense. It looks like just a bridge with a divider in the middle. But who knows - maybe the left side is the queue, and the right side is for people getting off.

Don, I don't think this is the queue line. It could be, but it wouldn't make sense. It looks like just a bridge with a divider in the middle. But who knows - maybe the left side is the queue, and the right side is for people getting off.

Thats what I've been trying to figure out, where is the queue going to be? Like someone else said, the track after the helicopter scene runs between the station and the helicopter scene itself. It doesn't seem as though there would be enough room to squeeze the queue in there. Unless they start it somewhere over where the Eagles used to be, then have it lead up to the station....right next to the brake run? Then the exit side would be the splashdown bridge area. Just a thought.

- Todd

Well, I do know that this ride will have seperate load and unload stations, so presumably, like on Flight of Fear, you will exit from the same side of the train from which you board, unlike the other major coasters at PKI. Also, I would imagine that one side of the bridge would be for the exit and one side for the queue line, although the majority of the queue line with all switchbacks will have to be before the bridge. Hopefully, the track coming through the sign will be visible from the midway as that would be a great photo op for people!

Don, I don't think this is the queue line.  It could be, but it wouldn't make sense.  It looks like just a bridge with a divider in the middle.  But who knows - maybe the left side is the queue, and the right side is for people getting off.

Thats what I've been trying to figure out, where is the queue going to be? Like someone else said, the track after the helicopter scene runs between the station and the helicopter scene itself. It doesn't seem as though there would be enough room to squeeze the queue in there. Unless they start it somewhere over where the Eagles used to be, then have it lead up to the station....right next to the brake run? Then the exit side would be the splashdown bridge area. Just a thought.

- Todd

From what I understand, they'll have a significant amount of queues before the bridge, so they'll probably just have regular station queues on the other side.

^ Yep, looks like after the bridge it'll be right up to the station. There's alot of land actually between the path and the bridge to make a good queue line, why you guys all thought that they would try to weave it by the break station and around other parts of track just so they could have an entrance where the eagles were is a bit odd to me, but everyone's got their own opinions on what's best. I'm guessing to increase traffic on that path the entrance will be where the unused tiques station was. Seems like it'll have a nice queue, hopefully with some neat Mini-Coopers on display, maybe a video telling you you're a stunt driver and explaining about the scene your doing playing in the queue would be really cool too, but I doubt that will happen.

Yeah, from the pictures, it looks like the station is more towards where the old Antique Car station was. It would definantly help liven up that path if they make the entrance to the ride there. That path has been dead for a long time since they closed that side of the `Tiques down and removed Salt Water Circus and the bridge across Swan Lake that connected between Wings and Oscars (where the tiny stage is at at). I definantly think IJST will be one fun ride.