New Concept Survey for 2006 & 2007

King Bowser

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that was pretty much identical to the PKD one. I really want that Supersonic tilt coaster thing. The drawing is wierd though - because it does not show the whole lift mechanism. What I can figure is that the track piece elevates, then tilts at the top to vertical - like the lift on UncleHenry's Devil Went Down to Georgia coaster. laugh.gif

Yeah, I took the survey last night. There were several things on it that are already at PKI, and at the other Paramount Parks, or that will be debuting at Paramount Parks this season. I for one would like to see a Top Gun inverted coaster, but I doubt that PKI will get another inverted or suspended coaster. I think the Spongebob Boating School could be a very real possibility in the next couple of seasons. While the tilt Coaster looked cool, I don`t know how exciting of a layout it would have beyond the initial drop. It would almost be like a one trick pony. Definantly a very interesting survey, to say the least.

Do you guys think the "Sponge Bob Boating School" is a water coaster like "Atlantis" at Sea World in Florida/San Diego? From the concept art, that's kind of what I was thinking. If so, I think that would be a very good addition. (Assuming, the themeing is done well...)

Also, I wonder what capacity would be like on the tilt coaster?

Joel

Klockster, Actually the ride works differently than how RCT3 has it work. The one in Asia pulls you up like a normal coaster only at a 90 degree angle. Then onceyou reach the flat part at the top it tilts you and drops you, there is a description of it in RCDB for Gravity Max.

I would kind of worry about this though because it is made by Vekoma, I would rather have the B&M invert myself. I think that paramount parks are most likely to see either one of the Top Gun coasters or MTV Soundwave. I say this because at the end of the survey they ask which you'd like best out of the three. This makes me believe that they are really looking at these three ideas for the next coaster.

I also found it interesting that when they listed the rides at the end they ask you to number 1 to 5 for your favorites. All the names were listed except the Top Gun:Supersonic was listed just as see saw coaster. This makes me believe that they might be wanting just the coaster idea but still aren't sure about the theme and could maybe give it a Sky Captain theme or WOTW theme for PKI.

Its also interesting that it seems the Adam Family coaster is gone. This makes me believe that we'll never see one of these coasters ever installed. Paramount must have not liked the idea or something.

From what I could see, it looked like the Top Gun tilt coaster was a flying dutchman, and that it would roll onto the slanted piece of track, lock in, the piece would then swing like a see saw so that riders were then upside down, and then released to go through the course. Also, the station looked somewhat similar to our Top Gun's, perhaps the same theming ideas could be implemented. And I personally would rather see a B&M flyer, though that was an innovative design they had. I think we'll be getting the Spongebob Boat Driving School and the Nicktoon's Car Wash as a Nick Central expansion in 2006, and I think they'll use the land where the Meet & Greet is and part of Picnic Grove for those 2 rides, which I think would both be really fun and kids would get a huge kick out of. Also, the Addams family may be off the concepts list for a variety of reasons, including that they are planning on installing one somewhere in the near future. Did anyone else notice that Soundwave had lost its MTV license? I'm pretty sure it wasn't on this survey.

I believe that the Addams Family attractions never materialized because of some sort of issue about the license. Not sure exactly what. As far as Soundwave goes, they probably did not include MTV in the survey because they were testing the ideas and not possible tie ins. (Although most of the other rides had Paramount Movie tie ins.) MTV is still owned by Viacom, which for now, still owns Paramount Parks. Soundwave could just be a retheme of Flight of Fear, although why mess with something that already has a pretty decent theme?

I could definantly see Spongebob Boating School and a Nicktoons Carwash coming to Nick Central at PKI in 2006. The question would be what is removed for these new attractions? Something has to be removed, whether it be the Nickelodeon Theater/meet and greet and/or part of the picnic groves. I think that PKI ould recieve one of those coasters in 2007, but that is two years out, and a lot can happen in two years, although I`m sure they are beginning to plan for 2007 attractions now.

Why does everyone want Top Gun to be removed? The park has plenty of land to add another new coaster on. Why would people want the park to remove another ride, adding to the list of recently removed rides?

Why does everyone want Top Gun to be removed? The park has plenty of land to add another new coaster on. Why would people want the park to remove another ride, adding to the list of recently removed rides?

I'm not a member of the brains behind PKI by any means, but I would think they'd look down on the idea of having 2 Top Gun rides. That said I'd most definately prefer a fast, smooth,and longer than 50 second B&M coaster to the Top Gun we have now. Even if it's a Raptor or Batman clone, I think it'd be much better. I like the Top Gun we have now, but it's really not a coaster on my "I must ride this" list when I go to PKI.

Secondly, I think it'd make sense to use the already existing Top Gun theming they have set up for the new coaster. Sure it needs cleaned up, and they could add a little something here and there. But they have this outrageously long queue line. They might as well have a coaster worthy of such a long wait/walk.

I don't really want them to tear it down, but if they were really wanting to make it an updated Top Gun ride, the old one would have to go. Or they could make a brand new coaster based on Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow and this whole problem would never surface.

I think we'll be getting the Spongebob Boat Driving School and the Nicktoon's Car Wash as a Nick Central expansion in 2006, and I think they'll use the land where the Meet & Greet is and part of Picnic Grove for those 2 rides

Picnic Grove makes way too much money every year to take any of it away. The large shelter right against the walkway to the waterpark would have to be removed and they don't have any other room to put it anywhere else back there since the train is on one side and White Water Canyon is on the other side.

Now if they take the Nick Theatre out, there is plenty of space between the back of it and the picnic grove that any ride could be put in its place and the "backlot" behind it.

As long as they stay away from star trek themes we will be fine.

Well I think the Spongebob type coaster is a good idea - but Spongebob freaking Squarepants is freaking stupid. I can't stand the thing. And I also think that Adams family is a really stupid theme for a dive machine. Trek would be a great idea.

So as long as we stay away from Spongebob and Adams family, we will be fine.

I realize that the Picnic Groves make a lot of money for the park. (Group Sales and Picnics are huge at Coney. On weekends, picnics far outwiegh the pop wristbands and member wristbands.) But there is not really that much room to expand, unless they remove the water maze and the Nick Theater. I agree that it would be pointless to have two Top Gun themed rides at the park. That being said, they could theme the ride to a different theme instead of removing Top Gun. i agree that the length of Top Gun`s queue, a top notch ride from B&M or Intamin that would attract lines worthy of the long queue would be good. I just don`t see it going anywhere in the next ten years.

Did I offend? sorry if I did ..It's Addams Family not Adams okay..

Spongebob Squarepants:Crash Course Boating School will most likely happen spongebob has a HUGE fan base rangin from 2-62.

Addams Family Reunion could happen but most likely at PGA.

Sorry as you can tell I cannot stand Star Trek it's so lame...I perfer Star Wars.

Star Wars is cool. I just cannot handle Spongebob. I would probably ride the coaster for the credit - but not alot. I mean any coaster is good - we are just talking about themes. Then you have the Addams Family coaster. You could make it any coaster. But they want to make it a B&M Dive Machine. The Core was a movie that was action packed and would make a great Extreme Thrill Ride. Addam's Family would be more of a family attraction - and a waste of a perfectly good Diver. But as I said - any coaster is good. Worst comes to worst - you can just ignore the theming.

Personally, I found it interesting that Soundwave is similar to Rockin Roller Coaster at Disney Studios....and the survey did ask if we ever visited Disney World and Disneyland.

Rather than trying to compete with CP, PKI is trying to model itself after Disney - the world theme park leader. I think that is a brilliant strategy.

Have a great weekend!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

I wasn't overly excited about anything on the poll. I don't like change, I'll go ahead and say it. I don't like things that I have great memories of to be removed. Each visit to PKI is special to me, it's like creating more great fun memories every time, even Flight of Fear, I like the theming and I wouldn't like for it to change. I hate it that PT, the Tiques and FE were removed. I only hope that Paramount realizes that we love these rides and would rather have them stay.

^This poll mentions nothing of removing any rides. It simply talks about new rides. Just because PKI has removed rides in recent years for new rides dosen't mean they will for the next coaster. You have to remember PKI has a lot of room and eventually they'll expand out. Besides, I'd much rather have a new B&M invert then an old small flat and I think most people would agree with that.

I don't know if others on here agree with this, I'll let them speak for themselves, but I don't enjoy going to PKI just because it's fun to ride the rides. I enjoy it because I've been going there most of my life, and all this time, while new rides have been added, they have kept the old rides that are more than just high tech scream machines with lots of theming, but now some of these rides are being removed. They are more than just "old rides", they are PKI's history, they are what we've been riding at PKI most of our lives. It's just really sad to sit here as I type this and think that I will never get to ride the Tiques or Flyers again, and that now when I walk to The Beast instead of seeing that white station for the Tiques, and father leting their kids have fun driving, I will be looking at a high tech AZ type of ride in RT. sad.gif