New Concept Survey for 2006 & 2007

King Bowser

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like I've seen one somewhere, but that could have just been a concept. Even though I enjoy the theming very much of FoF, the retheme idea does sound cool, especially since it would have music in the cars. The short lines it has had lately are nice, but it hurts the park, so I guess it's in need of something.

To be honest with you, I highly doubt they want to retheme FoF. It's probably more of a question for other parks, as in that they want to make the same coaster as FoF, but don't want to theme it the same way.

Seems like I've seen one somewhere, but that could have just been a concept. Even though I enjoy the theming very much of FoF, the retheme idea does sound cool, especially since it would have music in the cars. The short lines it has had lately are nice, but it hurts the park, so I guess it's in need of something.

To be honest with you, I highly doubt they want to retheme FoF. It's probably more of a question for other parks, as in that they want to make the same coaster as FoF, but don't want to theme it the same way.

Now I would buy that.

Wickedv6, yes there is one suspended launch coaster and it is at PKI's sister park of PKD and its called Volcano the Blast Coaster, but its the only one.

I would have to agree that the soundwave would probably be for a different park which would most likely be PGA or possible PC. I like FOF the way it is but would like it to be updated with revamped themeing and a new movie. Who knows for its 10 year aniversary next year they could possibley revamp it along with the nick area.

I don't know, I just cannot see Top Gun being removed. I think a new Top Gun could be built, but we'd probably just see a re-theme of the current Top Gun. I mean, come on. There is nothing wrong with it maintenance wise, it's only 12 years old, and it is still a popular ride.

As for the Soundwave, I like the idea, but I think FOF's current theme is more entertaining.

And as for the classic flats, you have to admit, PKI probably has the least amount of them out of any other park PKI's size. I mean, look at CP, they have a LOT, and here at SFGAm, we have 17. PKI only has 7(scrambler, zephyr, viking, monster, SRR, Dodgem, and Carousel), plus TR:TR, and Delirium. A decent sized flat package would probably help park capacity alot, as well as give the people that arent into coasters or kids area something to do.

im sure... top gun: supersonic will come to pkd in 2006 because pkd hasin't had a major coaster in 5 years! + on anmpkd rumors said that a tomb raider: firefall outdoor topspin comes to pkd in 2005 and it was right! It also said that in 2006 pkd will get a speacial coaster and its in the desing stage. +... it was posted by annomonuss! Im sure pkd WILL get Top Gun: Supersonic because pkd it the only paramount part without the TOPGUN theme. Im sure pki will get ZTop Gun: Supersonic for 2007 instaed of 2006. Till then i can't wait and hoping for top gun supersonic!

• 2 weeks later...

I think the reason we didn't see The Addams Family Reunion is because it's a planned attraction/ride I know MGM owns the rights to the classic tv series but paramount owns the rights to the movies.

I think we will see in

2006-Nick Central Expansion w/ Two new rides and new meet & greet area and a Flat for the thrill seekers

2007-Addams Family Reunion(located by the pond in RT)

• 2 weeks later...

either they would take the baby rides out or just retheme them 2 nick rides.

they'll probably re-do timberwolf 4 mission impossible and have nick w/new rides. i love the idea for a new stunt show that would actually b good. im still reeling from the crapfest that was the tomb raider stunt show in '03.

stupid.gif

No, they probably couldn't be Disney, but they could be Universal, which despite even their huge capital didn't come close to Disney's level of theming or quality when I went there this week at IOA after visiting all 4 Disney Parks and Typhoon Lagoon(one crazy band trip, made it worth being in band, lol). As I walked through Spider-Man's queue line I felt that Scooby's queue room felt more professional, and I'm not that much of a fan of the scooby ride(when compared to Phantom, though Scooby is very fun!!). After a couple of rides I stopped comparing IOA to Disney and started comparing it to PKI and felt that Tomb Raider's theming could take on a few of their rides theming, and possibly win against a couple of them. While the rides are great, especially Spider-Man, the queue's were mediocre and often very confusing, and alot of the ride's actual in-ride theming was terrible(Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls for example)which was funny because some knock it out of the park(Spider-Man). Despite all of these underachievements as I view them the park still receives tons of rewards. IJST wouldn't feel too out of place at Universal in my opinion. In closing, comparing PKI to Disney is nuts because even though PKI lacks the capital of Disney, Universal does have the bucks, they just lack the creativity and talent to top the mouse. I'm sure many of you are die hard IOA fans, but if you look past the fact they have some nice coasters and look at their detail and theming, you'll discover Disney still comes out on top. And after seeing construction on Expedition Everest, I don't see that changing anytime soon. With all that said, IOA had probably the best lines of the week, possibly because it rained that morning, but it rained the morning and once or twice during the day we went to Magic Kingdom and it turned out to be the most packed I've ever seen it. At IOA I got to ride everything with not one wait above 45 minutes I believe, and that was rare, most were 15 or the rare 20 minutes. We even got to ride Spider-Man(our sound cut out the first time and left me dissapointed, I needed a second go on it)and JP River Adventure twice. We even got their late and had to leave early and still did everything, very nice indeed. IOA is a great park, I just don't find their theme to be Disney quality. But I do see it has very possible for PKI to be at Universal's level or better, even if they can't reach Disney's.

I was just quoting what the man said. And he said. And I agree with him in some aspects. We should be moreso like Disney than like your regular amusement park, ie six flags, Cedar Fair, in the aspect of the theming and excitement of our rides, entertainment, and atmosphere. I think the park will make great strides at improving the overall apearance of the park in the next couple of years, keeping in our new tradition of fixing the little stuff like painting the tower, re doing the fountain, landscaping the parking lot, etc. The one thing I think we're lacking in is live entertainment. I wish we had more shows. BTW, Am I the only person who thinks Kareoke is not such a great idea to have on international street? I mean, its fun and all, but lets face it, we aren't getting any american idols on that stage. Only entertaining from the comedy standpoint. I like how universal's rides have live people being part of the show. Like the Tour guides on Jaws, the people at the beginning of Earthquake, and the actors in Terminator, etc. I think the fact that we are in the Midwest is even more reason for us to set ourselves apart. We are the most highly attended seasonal park already, Which technically makes us the Disney of seasonal parks.

Yeah, Kings Islands shows have gone terribly down hill. I think School of Rock will definently be a winner. That was a great hit for paramount. I think if we eventually get Mission Impossible stunt show that would be pretty cool to see, the Indiana Jones stunt show was great down at MGM. The MI stunt show would be cool if you had actual Tom Cruise stunt doubles like how they have Harrison Fords actual stunt double performing down at MGM. I could see the MI show going in at the theatre behind the eifel tower.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...