ZAMBEZI ZINGER!!!

As I commented on the Cedar Fair 2023 additions thread, I am excited about this unique coaster! I wonder how this will compare to the Whizzer at Great America (a Schwarzkopf similar to the one they are referencing with the ride's name and layout). I also wonder if the "throwback name/design with a modern design trend" will mean Kings Island could someday get a King Cobra Surf Coaster? Wishful thinking, but it's possible.

And upon watching the POV...

That spiral lift with drive tires is going to be cool! Also, I am loving all the high-speed turns! Good on WoF for doing their homework with the layout; who knew that kind of layout from back then could translate into a great (looking) coaster today! :D

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

As I commented on the Cedar Fair 2023 additions thread, I am excited about this unique coaster! I wonder how this will compare to the Whizzer at Great America (a Schwarzkopf similar to the one they are referencing with the ride's name and layout). I also wonder if the "throwback name/design with a modern design trend" will mean Kings Island could someday get a King Cobra Surf Coaster? Wishful thinking, but it's possible.

And upon watching the POV...

That spiral lift with drive tires is going to be cool! Also, I am loving all the high-speed turns! Good on WoF for doing their homework with the layout; who knew that kind of layout from back then could translate into a great (looking) coaster today! :D

You'll be happy to know the person who made the layout of this coaster is also a member of this site!

• Like 9

As a big, big Whizzer fan, this looks like it perfectly captures the essence of the old Schwarzkopf model on which it's based. Very cool addition. If not for the fact that the park's closure is already planned, I would say that this would be an awesome addition to California's Great America too, especially since there's not anything of note in the spot that once housed their Whizzer.

• Like 2

On 8/11/2022 at 7:00 PM, Captain Nemo said:

You'll be happy to know the person who made the layout of this coaster is also a member of this site!

Congratulations to them on this accomplishment. It is so co to have so many members who are now making an impact on the industry. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here’s a really interesting article on Zambezi Zinger and Worlds of Fun’s 50th Anniversary that ran in the latest Amusement Today: https://amusementtoday.com/issues/2022/202210/assets/downloads/AT-OCT-2022i.pdf

I thought the section about how they’re going to be redeveloping and adding new theming to further differentiate each land was particularly interesting. Worlds of Fun is definitely high on my radar for 2023!

• Like 5