2023 KI Passes

mikejenkins1

1 hour ago, jsus said:

No need for beliefs.  It's clearly stated.  Only Platinum and Prestige(+) get Early Entry at Cedar Point and Cedar Point Shores.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/season-passes

Personally I agree with change.  Cedar Point as a destination park should only have early entry for Platinum and higher passes, along with resort guests (as it used to be).  $99 is too cheap and brought too many people to early entry at gate drop.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Maddog said:

Personally I agree with change.  Cedar Point as a destination park should only have early entry for Platinum and higher passes, along with resort guests (as it used to be).  $99 is too cheap and brought too many people to early entry at gate drop.  

I agree, I do think a park like Kings Island where there are lots of things to do that are not just roller coasters is fine with gold pass early entry, personally I have not had a problem with to many people for early entry when I have gone.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Maddog said:

And yet, this year, they brought in a summer-only pass at the $99 price point, raising Gold.  Now, they're back to giving away Gold at $99.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, disco2000 said:

^One could argue that KI gold should be higher than CP as we have Winterfest and our season starts earlier, yet that argument fails as Wonderland is also $99CND ($78USD) and they have Winterfest...

The pricing scheme is very inconsistent this year.

I don't necessarily find it inconsistent when you consider supply and demand (that darn capitalism thing again) and you look closer.

For example, Wonderland Gold does NOT include parking which is a $60 CND($47 USD) add on for general parking for the full year ($25 CND ($20 USD) on a daily basis).

My guess is Cedar Point sells half to two thirds the number of gold passes as the other parks.  They are not land-locked and therefore half the perspective customer base that lives within a 50 mile radius of the park.  This is also the 2nd year they are offering Gold so I think they are giving it some time to catch on.  Also it doesn't include early entry nor winterfest.

It seems as though the strategy is to not just automatically sell passess for $99 just to get them in the door but to have the passes better match what the user is getting for their money.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 9:14 AM, robintodd said:

I don't necessarily find it inconsistent when you consider supply and demand (that darn capitalism thing again) and you look closer.

For example, Wonderland Gold does NOT include parking which is a $60 CND($47 USD) add on for general parking for the full year ($25 CND ($20 USD) on a daily basis).

My guess is Cedar Point sells half to two thirds the number of gold passes as the other parks.  They are not land-locked and therefore half the perspective customer base that lives within a 50 mile radius of the park.  This is also the 2nd year they are offering Gold so I think they are giving it some time to catch on.  Also it doesn't include early entry nor winterfest.

It seems as though the strategy is to not just automatically sell passess for $99 just to get them in the door but to have the passes better match what the user is getting for their money.

they also do not have public transportation that drops people off at the front gate. CP is more a resort where aside from the people from michigan/sndusy area mosy stay on site/hotel. This is why you see more crowds at CP mon-fri while KI is not nearly as busy. These are 2 different parks with 2 slightly different ways of doing business. So I understand the difference in price. Not a problem to me.

• Like 1