Whatever Happened to some old KI rides.

Gordon Bombay

Hey I found some of this stuff interesting and I thought Id share it with you guys. Its some follow up on what happened to some old PKI rides. Remember the Screamin Demon? Well that is now located at a park in Angola Indiana called "Fun Spot" Its a neat little kiddy park. Its up by where my grandma used to live, about 5 hours from here and 1 hour from Michigan. I plan to go up this summer and check it out. It is now called "Afterburner: The all American Coaster" Remember the monorail to the safari ride at KI? Well IM sure most of you know this, it was bought by Jim Bonaduche (I dont know how to spell his last name sorry) of Jungle Jims Grocery Store in Fairfield Ohio. For years he had built a monorail station and the cars actually sit out on station track now in their station but no track has been built. But guess what, you have a chance to ride this piece of KI history too! Jungle Jim is constructing a monorail track around his store!! It will have 3 stops. A station above Starbucks, it will supposidly go underground and stop in a mock wine cellar, and stop at the other end of the parking lot in the huge station house. Jungle Jims is like a theme store! It is very well jungle themed and a lot of fun to shop there. www.junglejims.com For those of you who havent been there I reccomend you check it out. I have no idea when the monorail will open though. I just thought those of you who didnt know this would find it interesting.

He never ran the tram, there is no track to run it on, jsut the track that holds the trams in teh station. I think eventually he will get it to work considering the supports are put up in some places. I talked to him last summer and he said they should get it up and going in the near future, one of their biggest problems though is that it will be a maitenance nightmare. But how cool is that to have a monorail moving through the small city of Fairfield?

I remmember the Demon from when I was alot younger.. I think they took it out to put something else in it's spot. Anyway thought i'd say that yeah it was basic.. but back then.. it was somethign to behold indeed. before all of these hyper coasters and rc's with 7 or more loops etc.. I love coasters and thrill rides but even I won't ride the demon/thunderbolt/whatever it will be next.. simply becaus e i won't ride anything that goes backwards.. (only thing I won't ride is a backwards ride.. makes me sick). My sister rode it then though when it was the demon. I've not been to Kings Island in years and I do so miss it. I'm nostalgic these days.. and love pictures and such of the old KI that I grew up with going every year with my cousins and family. I think my mom even has some old pictures from those days.. I think i was like 8-10 I'm 29 now so thats about 20 years back of pics.

• 2 weeks later...