Any chance of me getting a job?

Gordon Bombay

I applied online to KI back in January. I applied for rides. I went to the HR offices and they had my application. I filled out some paperwork. I sat for two hours. I interviewed and the interview went great. I passed the math test perfectly with the exception of one question (that lost one is too vague!). I interviewed a second time and that interview was great also!! The man interviewing me told me I wouldve had the job except for one itty bitty problem: I dont turn 16 till April 19th and they cant hold a job in rides for me!! I was a bit dissapointed and I turned down the offer to work concessions, games, or whatever the third option was. He said I could come back when I turn 16 and that they would keep everything on record and if there were any openings that I could get a job. I would love to work at KI in rides, so my question to you guys is: Is there any chance there will be openings in rides around April 19th (when i turn 16)? Id love to work Beast or WWC with two of my best friends who each work on those rides but Ill pretty much take any ride I can get. Any chance of there being openings? No offence to the workers in games or concession, they do a TERRIFFIC job, but i dont want to work those. Thanks for the Help. ~Ronny

There may be a chance. People quit all the time. I had the same problem as you a while ago, except I didn't turn 16 until the end of July- and when I went to apply again fro rides, I was turned down. The person who took my application was not the nicest of people, and had turned me down when I was 15, and told me not to apply again until the next year. She never gave me any other options, and I didn't have to take the math test back then, nor did she give me any reason for why I wasn't hired. You just never know. Good thing this one person isn't there now.

Let me tell you how likely you are to get a position in rides first hand. I just happen to have the same birthday as you, April 19th. Back in 2001 I applied to be a rides associate in March. Needless to say, I worked in Merchandise for the last 4 seasons.

Trying doesn't hurt, but don't be too disappointed if rides is closed when you return again to HR.