Guess which KI landmark finally got merch

BoddaH1994

On 8/12/2022 at 9:06 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Imo this all but confirms Timberwolf is here to stay and concerts will return next year. Now lets speculate on the lineup and what bands you want to see

I am not convinced it confirms anything. Think of all the different merch they have released this year. There's obviously a profit to be made from nostalgic rides and events.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2022 at 4:43 AM, mikejenkins1 said:

Where/When was this picture taken?    I find none of these online or at Kings Island

It was taken at the shop (Coaster Connection?) by Drop Tower. It was taken on Friday evening and posted to this site immediately. I’d be shocked if they sold out. 

That's what we thought about Vortex.
eotwawki.JPG.a569aae50c75ec5b4e6bda4b713e83f5.JPG

I would say this year is it for TW. I think this year was a nostalgic cash grab to milk it one last time before tearing it down. Nothing permanent was added to the venue except for a fence and left over pavers for the “vip” area. Also a little paint here and there. Everything else is portable and can be used elsewhere. I’m glad some got to see a concert there that hadn’t before. Time to clear it out and do an update on Action Zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I didn’t know they were selling these too!

F964D267-4E6E-4814-9D74-5A4D32490349.jpeg2A021737-5A4F-4703-B8A3-06F48F54CD45.jpeg

It’s a silk screen vendor that has several colors and several print options. $30 or 2 for $50!

They sold these at the concerts; I got a green one with all the concert schedule (the other option was having one side be the individual group performing that night, which in my case, it was Skillet). :D

And in response to the post wondering if "this year is it for TW", if so, it's had a good run. I remember going to Spiritsong as a kid, teenager and young adult. The two concerts I saw this year (Berlin + one Flock of Seagulls song and Skillet/Jordan St. Cyr) were a lot of fun! If it lasts, it lasts. If not, it doesn't. It would sting a bit because it's part of the park's history and has held some big-name talent in the past, but I would understand why they would tear it down.

15 hours ago, Oldschool75 said:

I would say this year is it for TW. I think this year was a nostalgic cash grab to milk it one last time before tearing it down. Nothing permanent was added to the venue except for a fence and left over pavers for the “vip” area. Also a little paint here and there. Everything else is portable and can be used elsewhere. I’m glad some got to see a concert there that hadn’t before. Time to clear it out and do an update on Action Zone.

Mike specifically said at Coasterstock that his desire is to do concerts next year depending on how successful they are this year. Plus it's also used for music in the parks/cheer competitions in the spring. KI already has a ton of land to expand without removing it. We'll see though. 

20 hours ago, Oldschool75 said:

I agree Action Zone needs an overhaul, and removing Timberwolf would really give Kings Island a lot of options. However, I don’t think it needs to be removed until the park is ready to do something in that area which will probably be a while since I assume Vortex will be replaced first.

1 minute ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I agree Action Zone needs an overhaul, and removing Timberwolf would really give Kings Island a lot of options. However, I don’t think it needs to be removed until the park is ready to do something in that area which will probably be a while since I assume Vortex will be replaced first.

there is a lot of land over that way. but i have a sinking suspicion about rumors with that area. 

On 8/22/2022 at 10:26 AM, 2Paul14 said:

Anyone know the attendance numbers for each of the concerts this year? 

Just observing from the Eiffel Tower, the following is pretty evident:

Averly Brothers

3 Doors Down 

Skillet

…all did very well.

The others appear to have not done as well. Of course, we don’t know what the break even Point is for these concerts. Could be 1,000. Could be 7,000. There’s a lot we will never know.