Tower construction photos

pkiguy24

How many here have been in the real one? anyone, anyone, guess I'm the only one.

*Jumps up and down*

I have, I have!

Just went summer of '04 to London, Paris, Caen, Cannes, Aix, and quite a few other places. smile.gif

I loved being on the real thing...

...but the KI Eiffel is a close second, what with the splendor of SOB, Face/Off, Vortex, etc. all in view from atop. laugh.gif

My God...I need to go to PKI NOW. I miss the place. I'd work there if I didn't live 3 hrs. away. mad.gif

Anyways...There I went on another tangent again. wink.gif

IN the legs? They go up a slope?? huh.gif

Yup. There are four elevators, one in each leg of the tower. (There were only two open at the time I was there, though)

These four all go to the second level. From there, I believe another two go to the top.

There's stores and food on the tower, too. smile.gif

As for the slope...It's not really noticable. The St. Louis arch, on the other hand, is something to be afraid of. Those elevators are tiny and pretty shaky. wacko.gif

On the arch: You go underground to buy your tix, get in line, and get in elevator. The elevator travels up (slowly) one side of the arch. At the top, you get out, stand, take pix, etc. Then, you go to the opposite side of the arch and head down.

In France: We went late at night...Just before closing time. The top floor was closed. (It closes earlier than the other two floors) It was disappointing, but the 2nd floor is just as good. smile.gif Each floor has a set cost. The first floor has a certain cost for walking the stairs and another for taking elevator. The second has the same setup. For the third, there's only one charge...since you don't take stairs. tongue.gif

For the second floor w/ elevator, we were charged $7.30 (Euro)

Of course, this was the adult cost.

About the lines...None, since we went so late. smile.gif

Ha, that's because structural engineers are paid the crapiest out of all the engineers. The best paying are either chemical or electrical depending where you get a job.

Eh, if you really want to do something you do it for the love of doing it, not for the money. Besides, we civils make the infrastructure improvements that count. Without them, this world might be a little more archaic than it is now.

After a year and a half of architecture school, you really have to love doing it. With all the disorganization in this school, you have to want to do it. And besides, architects don`t make that terribly much money. In my class there have been ten people that have dropped out since Autumn of this year, not including the many that dropped after last year. The one good thing about my program is I will get to go on co-op next quarter and work with a firm, (which pays more than twice what Coney did!)

Back on topic. I would be interested in seeing those construction pictures of the tower. However, I have only seen them that once when Guidetotheisland was online for a very brief period before Shawn Werley took the site down. It was a very well designed site too with a lot of unique never before seen pictures!