Italian Job opening?

PCarowinds

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What gets me is the people who where there Cedar Point season passes around there necks at PKI! Why? Status symbol? Not so much!

Gosh!

Thats is hilarious. I guess they are at a crossroads - and on the one corner there is a Paramount Park and on the other a Cedar Fair Park. What they don't realize is that ours is better! biggrin.gif

Actually I haven't been to CP yet so I can't say that. I just find it stupid that people would do something like that.

I guess its like a big sign - HERE I AM - STAPLE ME! laugh.gif

Guest faceoff

I have on good authority, who shall remain nameless-the opening should be at

the end of may. Possible memorial day weekend.

I've been around the park recently, most recently today, and they have almost emptied out the parts stockpile under the entrance gate and construction seems to be coming along well. The track is getting there, but i havent seen anything as far as a docking station or queue goes. The "parking garage" section is almost completed. From what i've heard they may have to push the opening day for the ride back later. No one is really sure of a specific time, as construction has been stunted due to recent weather. As I have been traveling about the park there seems to be mud EVERYWHERE.

I got a look at the new control console last week and i was mad because i didnt have a camera, and by today, it had already been moved to the job site. It was really shiny for lack of a better adjective. It is all computer controlled and there are various remote operator stations that were mostly buttons. In fact i couldn't resist and i pushed the really big "DISPATCH" Button. Bygone are the days of analog keys and buttons. Just hope the operator remembers his username and

password. unsure.gif

Hello PKIers...

Has anyone heard a timeframe as to when IJ is expected to open?

I'm just wondering because I'm planning a trip up there the last week of May and I hope it is open by then.

Any help would be appreciated.

laugh.gif Thanks from a PC fanboy. lol

To answer your question....

Dont ever come to the park and expect the ride to be open because chances are you will be dissappointed since it is its first year. But also dont forget that we have other world class rides at our park. The Beast, Son of Beast, Vortex, Tomb Raider, Delirium, Face Off, Flight of Fear, as well as the #1 kids area in the world. Just remember that if IJ is down that you can still have a fun day at the park

Thanks for everyones help.

I'm planning on being there at the park Sunday afternoon the 29th and all day May 30th. Yeah I'm a glutton for punishment being that it's Memorial Day that day. lol

I might rework it though to come back a day or two later because I've got some flexibility to my schedule.

Hopefully I can get two rides in over those two days.

And I can't wait to ride The Beast again and for my first ride on Delerium.

I Think IJ:ST might open late April or Early May, or the appointed date.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I think IJST might open in April, but it might open in May. Then again it will probably open sometime this year, but if not then it will open later.

laugh.gif

IJST will have its Media Day May 19th, and open to the GP on May 20th.

I Think IJ:ST might open late April or Early May, or the appointed date.

That is now the stupidest thing i have ever heard. I know it will open sometime, thanks for the info.

Yeah, like it or not, Matt's probably about as right as you can get when it comes to the opening of prototype attraction.

The only actor I have heard that PKI is trying to get is Charlize Thereon (Sp?). I would travel three hours just for her alone.

I believe you can say that it will not be open in April because it has never been slated to open in April, so that's a safe bet.