Mazes this year

MaestroJr

Do we know that Urgent Scare is still standing? And if it is, are we sure the park would WANT to have a hospital-themed maze after the last two years?

At any rate, I believe the park should be announcing Haunt details within the next few weeks. I haven't heard anything, but maybe someone else has. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I haven’t heard about Urgent Scare being dismantled; however, I wouldn’t hold your breath for its return. Many could find it distasteful given the past few years. 

I have noticed that all the theming outside was removed.  In years past the outside stuff stayed even though they didn't use it.  I wouldn't be surprised if they opened it up for haunt this year with a different theme considering there is activity back there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I haven’t heard about Urgent Scare being dismantled; however, I wouldn’t hold your breath for its return. Many could find it distasteful given the past few years. 

I never understood this.  The park advertises things very well and it should be of no surprise to anyone.  Haunt is supposed to edgey, and if you dont like simply don't go.  

• Like 3

I always wondered why parks kept secret the Haunts mazes, scare zones, houses etc. until the very end.  Especially somewhere like Universal that starts HHN the first weekend of September.

Then I thought maybe they don't want guests to get in the mindset to wait until the Haunt to come visit.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I never understood this.  The park advertises things very well and it should be of no surprise to anyone.  Haunt is supposed to edgey, and if you dont like simply don't go.  

Having Haunt attractions themed to recent tragedies has never worked in the park's favor. KI is a business. There is a point where "edgy" is too much and becomes tactless for consumers of the park.

Also, not sure if you heard, but there was a big medical crisis the last couple years that has become extremely politically charged and led to over a million people dying, so perhaps having a haunted house themed to a medical crisis in a hospital is a particularly tactless idea in 2022. Especially for the kind of amusement park event where there have been nationwide issues over the years with violent guests.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Also… Urgent Scare has seen much better days. When it debuted, it was one of my favorite mazes created for Haunt. But now? It’s truly just a shell of its former self. I hope they’re able to utilize that space for a more permanent attraction and spend some time, money, and TLC on the existing mazes. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, beastfan11 said:

Also… Urgent Scare has seen much better days. When it debuted, it was one of my favorite mazes created for Haunt. But now? It’s truly just a shell of its former self. I hope they’re able to utilize that space for a more permanent attraction and spend some time, money, and TLC on the existing mazes. 

I agree, when it first opened it was really well done and liked the theming throughout the queue line with scare actors roams the lawn with all the junk and fires around, and then continuing through the exit path back to the midway with the military personnel. Not long after it premiered was cut to just the building and has gone down year over year since.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, purdude86 said:

I agree, when it first opened it was really well done and liked the theming throughout the queue line with scare actors roams the lawn with all the junk and fires around, and then continuing through the exit path back to the midway with the military personnel. Not long after it premiered was cut to just the building and has gone down year over year since.

It was a really involved maze. Definitely something special. Sorely missed. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I expect the medical/hospital themes to go away the same way everyone got rid of the "Asylum" concept a good while back now.

I'd like to see a modernized Club Blood return in place of Blackout. Also, if Wolf Pack isn't going to be returning, I'd REALLY like to see that old station and ramp system torn out...

• Like 5

On 8/17/2022 at 12:35 PM, Skyrider said:

Would be cool to have a Phantom Theatre themed maze where Urgent Scare is.  It could be a holdover until we hopefully get the Phantom Theatre ride 2.0!

I would love to see a Phantom Theatre maze. Would be so fun. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 4:52 PM, purdude86 said:

I would love to see a Phantom Theatre maze. Would be so fun. 

While it would be neat. Everyone in that attraction has to follow a strict script. While some would follow, there are bound to be an actor or two that would flip the script and ad lib just to get that scare. 

2 hours ago, Orion13 said:

46450356-357D-4872-A6B2-EB5D53174CEE.jpeg

DATSUN, WE GOT DATSUN OVER HERE!!! see, nobody cares. but in reality who gave them the authority to leak this information? if it wasnt the park themselves, oh lawd im having 09' flashbacks to slaughterhouse with the LIVEstock.

41 minutes ago, rotag said:

DATSUN, WE GOT DATSUN OVER HERE!!! see, nobody cares. but in reality who gave them the authority to leak this information? if it wasnt the park themselves, oh lawd im having 09' flashbacks to slaughterhouse with the LIVEstock.

....This was a memory I 100% did not remember till just now. I would have LOVED to been a fly on the wall when the park mgt was discussing the haunt that year!

• Like 2

The new scare zone and shows sound great! It's cool to see that they are doing a Haunt show in KIT as it's been a while!

Also, Haunt should be interesting this year as this will be the first time in 3 years that I've attended (I was in Field of Screams in 2019, there was no Haunt in 2020 and I didn't go in '21 because COVID). Looking forward to Chaos and the Alien X area. :D

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

The new scare zone and shows sound great! It's cool to see that they are doing a Haunt show in KIT as it's been a while!

Also, Haunt should be interesting this year as this will be the first time in 3 years that I've attended (I was in Field of Screams in 2019, there was no Haunt in 2020 and I didn't go in '21 because COVID). Looking forward to Chaos and the Alien X area. :D

They aren’t doing a haunt show in KIT unless I’m missing something-it would be great if they did! 

3 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

Good catch lol

International Showplace will be a good venue as well. Though I definitely agree, a Haunt how in KIT would be amazing! :D

If only they had a well developed, spooky, funny, family friendly, Halloween appropriate show that took advantage of the capabilities of that space, and that people would line up for. Nah-there’s no way they could ever come up with that…cough cough…phantom theatre… cough cough. 

• Like 5