Mazes this year

MaestroJr

2 hours ago, brenthodge said:

If only they had a well developed, spooky, funny, family friendly, Halloween appropriate show that took advantage of the capabilities of that space, and that people would line up for. Nah-there’s no way they could ever come up with that…cough cough…phantom theatre… cough cough. 

While I would LOVE to see PTE return for Haunt, I would think that the reason the space is not used during Haunt is to prepare it for the Winterfest show.  They have to get everything torn down, rebuilt and have rehearsals.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

While I would LOVE to see PTE return for Haunt, I would think that the reason the space is not used during Haunt is to prepare it for the Winterfest show.  They have to get everything torn down, rebuilt and have rehearsals.  

There’s no reason they couldn’t flip that set between haunt and Winterfest. Neither one are super complicated (unless PLEASE PLEASE-we are getting a new show of the caliber of Knotts this year in that space.) and the lobby display could already be removed-nice but not needed for an extended run. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Timchat2 said:

I wonder if the pre-2020 plan was to have a version of "Home for the Holidays" spread out to the other WinterFest parks after debuting at Knott's. If so, I hope it can still happen.

Yeah- I’ll be pretty bummed if that foam head, click track show comes back again this year after we’ve had a real show in there. The Charlie Brown show is cute, but definitely more fit for FestHaus or International Showplace (where it would be right next to Planet Snoopy) 

• Like 1

Each year at WinterFest I think about how Charlie Brown's Christmas Spectacular should have been in Festhaus and Tinker's Toy Factory should have been in the Kings Island Theater. I feel a little bad at times how the Tinker's cast up on stage giving their all to a bunch of guests indifferently eating Panda Express and chicken fingers. Tinker's would feel more like a proper show at KIT.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, brenthodge said:

Yeah- I’ll be pretty bummed if that foam head, click track show comes back again this year after we’ve had a real show in there. The Charlie Brown show is cute, but definitely more fit for FestHaus or International Showplace (where it would be right next to Planet Snoopy) 

From what I've overheard no foam heads in the theatre this year.   Maybe some "tinker" toys :).

• Like 4

2 hours ago, brenthodge said:

There’s no reason they couldn’t flip that set between haunt and Winterfest. Neither one are super complicated (unless PLEASE PLEASE-we are getting a new show of the caliber of Knotts this year in that space.) and the lobby display could already be removed-nice but not needed for an extended run. 

My post was an extension of something I heard at Coasterstock.  You never know if these things are true or false.  It was asked why the guest speaker venue was moved from KIT to picknick grove.  Logistically, picnic grove is great and kills two birds with one stone.  But it is not a very friendly place for audio.  KIT was great with the 2015 event.  Supposedly, the Cirque folks needed 2 months to set up and rehearse before the show premiered, so a May event in the KIT was no longer feasible.    That was the basis for my post.

Anecdotally...the set for the International Showplace was in place in April, and the performers were rehearsing 2 months prior to the show opening in June.

5 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

My post was an extension of something I heard at Coasterstock.  You never know if these things are true or false.  It was asked why the guest speaker venue was moved from KIT to picknick grove.  Logistically, picnic grove is great and kills two birds with one stone.  But it is not a very friendly place for audio.  KIT was great with the 2015 event.  Supposedly, the Cirque folks needed 2 months to set up and rehearse before the show premiered, so a May event in the KIT was no longer feasible.    That was the basis for my post.

Anecdotally...the set for the International Showplace was in place in April, and the performers were rehearsing 2 months prior to the show opening in June.

I believe it was also in Picnic Grove in 17, 18, and 19. 2021 Q&A was in international showplace because they weren't using it at all in 21 I believe.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I believe it was also in Picnic Grove in 17, 18, and 19. 2021 Q&A was in international showplace because they weren't using it at all in 21 I believe.

Yes, International Showplace was a good venue, besides the attention seekers on Diamondback.  But, like you said, it was not being used for a show in '21.  It was in the Picnic Grove in '16 too.

Another thing from the Coasterstock Q&A they changed is the way you ask questions. I believe in 2018 or so they let people line up and ask Mike questions directly in the microphone. Now they have you post your questions in the facebook group and Don/Mike picks them. Probably has something to do with that kid who asked about RMCing The Beast/Racer that one year lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Timchat2 said:

Each year at WinterFest I think about how Charlie Brown's Christmas Spectacular should have been in Festhaus and Tinker's Toy Factory should have been in the Kings Island Theater. I feel a little bad at times how the Tinker's cast up on stage giving their all to a bunch of guests indifferently eating Panda Express and chicken fingers. Tinker's would feel more like a proper show at KIT.

I pretty much feel that way about any show in there. It may have been a great venue when it first debuted, but I’ve never seen anything in there that really got the attention it deserved. It’s an odd mix that doesn’t quite work in a theme park the same way it does at s “dinner theatre”. Maybe if it was something like the ice skating type shows that extended further out into the main room, but that would cut down on dining space. I just don’t think a “scripted” show works in there. 

• Like 3

As much as I have enjoyed many of the shows in the Festhaus, I definitely agree. I don't know the history of shows at the venue since it opened in 1982 but I assume it had a traditional Oktoberfest-style show at some point? Busch Gardens Williamsburg's Das Festhaus can be a great example of how food and entertainment can coexist, even if shows in recent years haven't been quite the scope of its glory days.

(Apologies for digressing away from the thread topic of Haunt but Festhaus and Oktoberfest are very ripe for an overhaul that captures the German spirit in a way Cincinnatians would surely love.)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Timchat2 said:

As much as I have enjoyed many of the shows in the Festhaus, I definitely agree. I don't know the history of shows at the venue since it opened in 1982 but I assume it had a traditional Oktoberfest-style show at some point? Busch Gardens Williamsburg's Das Festhaus can be a great example of how food and entertainment can coexist, even if shows in recent years haven't been quite the scope of its glory days.

(Apologies for digressing away from the thread topic of Haunt but Festhaus and Oktoberfest are very ripe for an overhaul that captures the German spirit in a way Cincinnatians would surely love.)

1986 Woodchoppers Ball Review.  My favorite show in the Festhaus.  Cast would come out during sections and get people to join them onstage.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcvy71zVCp8

• Like 2

Regarding Cornered, I bet it'll be on the Invertigo-to-Drop Tower Timberwolf path where CornStalkers used to be. It's listed as Action Zone and I can't think of anywhere else to fit it unless it's taking over Wolf Pack, and that would just be bizarre for a corn maze theme.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, PKIDelirium said:

Regarding Cornered, I bet it'll be on the Invertigo-to-Drop Tower Timberwolf path where CornStalkers used to be. It's listed as Action Zone and I can't think of anywhere else to fit it unless it's taking over Wolf Pack, and that would just be bizarre for a corn maze theme.

The interesting part about that is the map shows it behind Orion like a few years ago. Yet the attraction is listed in Action Zone. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BB1 said:

The interesting part about that is the map shows it behind Orion like a few years ago. Yet the attraction is listed in Action Zone. 

Guess is those two that are out past Dinosaurs Alive are just there till they get moved to their proper place.

On 8/23/2022 at 6:56 AM, brenthodge said:

If only they had a well developed, spooky, funny, family friendly, Halloween appropriate show that took advantage of the capabilities of that space, and that people would line up for. Nah-there’s no way they could ever come up with that…cough cough…phantom theatre… cough cough. 

I was thinking the same thing. Why didn't they run this show through Halloween? I think it would have reached a far larger audience with its spooky theme and the fall crowds. I bet it would have even reached capacity for some shows. The energy of those final shows throughout the Halloween season would have really added to their event.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ffej said:

I was thinking the same thing. Why didn't they run this show through Halloween? I think it would have reached a far larger audience with its spooky theme and the fall crowds. I bet it would have even reached capacity for some shows. The energy of those final shows throughout the Halloween season would have really added to their event.

That would have been a good idea to keep Phantom around, at least during Tricks or Treats as I think it would have been perfect. Speaking of which, I think it would be a great idea to have Larry walk around during the day as a roaming character. :)

• Like 3