Dark Ride Idea

wickedv6

OK almost everyone loves a good haunted house/dark ride.. Kings Island has been without one from the beginning.. we get Phantom Theatre that's pretty much it.. the scariest thing that we PKI has got so far is fearfest.. but.. after talk about an Addam's Family themed dark ride.. there are lot's of people who love the idea.. but Addam's family is kinda a family oriented show/movie be more of a comedy/horror ride in teh same vein as Phantom was.. I was recently thinking about some of my favorite movies that Paramount might have made I thought Poltergeist.. but that's MGM, then I remembered a favorite little B-movie of mine.. Waxwork's.. however after a bit of research Vestron/Lions Gate owns it.. so thats out.. but the idea could still be used.. think of it. all your favorite monster's Frankenstein, Dracula, Werewolf, all could be found in a wax museum.. so my idea is why not a dark ride modeled after a waxwork Museum where the display's come to life..

They could always do something like MGM Studios has with their Great Movie Ride where you ride through scenes from multiple famous movies by the studio. I think that'd be neat. I love the MGM one, and if Paramount could do something like that, though they don't have nearly as many classics as MGM, they might be able to boost people's appreciation for their history.

From their website here's a small list of movies they could display scenes or clips from:

The Ten Commandments, White Christmas, Shane, Psycho, Romeo and Juliet, True Grit, The Godfather films, Ordinary People, Reds, Terms of Endearment, Saturday Night Fever, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Beverly Hills Cop, Ghost, The Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, the Star Trek movies, Indecent Proposal, Forrest Gump, Braveheart, Mission Impossible, Waynes World, The Addams Family and Titanic.

LongLiveTheSmurfRide, The Great Movie Ride at Disney-MGM Studios was built to showcase the best movies ever made and actually contains very little from MGM. It contains Paramount's Raiders of the Lost Ark, Fox's Alien, Disney's Mary Poppins/Fantasia, WarnersBro's The Wizard of Oz/Casablanca; just to name a few! All this may be changing though as Sony may force Disney to remove any and all references to MGM as early as June. For more information, click on the link below to read the article posted by Jim Hill Media:

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles/sh...cle.php?ID=1317

Ben, not true, Paramount Pictures has plenty of famous movies wink.gif

wickedv6, while I like your idea but I don't see it happening as PKI is looking for movies and television shows to theme their rides after (like The Addams Family) laugh.gif

They could always do something like MGM Studios has with their Great Movie Ride where you ride through scenes from multiple famous movies by the studio. I think that'd be neat. I love the MGM one, and if Paramount could do something like that, though they don't have nearly as many classics as MGM, they might be able to boost people's appreciation for their history.

ZOOLANDER!!!!!!!!

haha

I know MGM bought some of the rights to a lot of movies, including Raiders. In fact on Paramount's site they state that the majority of sound films made by Paramount before 1950 were purchased by MGM. I wonder if they got a hand in some of those others that are in the Great Movie Ride there.

In any case, I would rather Paramount do a ride showcasing only their movies. And I mean the good ones unlike other movies *coughtombraidercough* laugh.gif

How is it that PKI has gone this long without a Mission:Impossible themed coaster or ride? First off, they've basically used everything else they've done with Tom Cruise like Top Gun and Days of Thunder (wouldn't be surprised to see a Cocktail bar down the road). But an M:I ride could be themed around pretty much any idea, already has a good brand name behind it and there's a third Mission:Impossible film due out this year!!

Wouldn't a darkride of The Godfather be cool? You're being chased by the mob througout it?

And let's not forget that Paramount did most of the SNL movies. Superstar, Night at the Roxbury, Coneheads. . . they could just do a ride with that where you pay money and nothing happens. It would be a total waste of time. . . just like those movies!! The full experience!!

hello!

we have SDATHC

is this or is this not a dark ride?

i mean sure it was meeant for kids but, when you are on there, no matter how old you are, you will still pick up the gun and go shooting.

dark rides were actually designed to be like phantom and go slow, however, rides like the enclosed lauch looper has brainwashed you into an anything is possible state of mind, which is not a bad thing, dont get me wrong.

the thing is, if there were another dark ride, i would probably go mad, i mean look, we have FOF, TRTR, AT, SDATHC. that may not be a huge list, but some parks have none!

ha ha ha

I personally am not too hip to the idea of dark rides, as i like to see whats going on, when i ride Flight of Fear, I really hate when i am turned sideways and i want to know which way is up, its cool to see where everything is, which is exactly why they put it in a dome anyhow, to keep it dark, and to be a fearful ride.

again, if you want another dark ride, by all means, you are the dreamer, dream away, but i would like to see more record breaking rides, and for god sakes, not another wooden mega coaster, i mean sure it was a semi good thought, but geez that SOB hurts!

so lets see, recapping. Flight of Fear, Tomb Raider, Scooby's Haunted Castle, and Action Theater... why are we complaining to get another? is it really necessary? why not think of the small stuff first, like uh, no more beer jerry.gif or maybe more trashcans, ashtrays, benches, and how about keeping the rougher rides smooth? that would be fantastic!

Well said but I still love SoB us Islanders can handle it,Iam very happy with Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle you people are forgetting that PKI is a paramount park which is family chain of parks unless it's an attraction for fearfest we wont see anything violent at the park back to the tilt coaster idea that would be a great theme to M:I or even better what about a tilt coaster themed to Dragon Ball Z?

wasn't complaining.. I just had an idea for a ride and thought i'd share it.. first and foremost.. none of the dark rides that you mentioned are haunted houses.. at least not in the sense of what a haunted house is supposed to be... I mean even Camden park had/has one.. (may not be very good but it's the thought that counts)

Ryan have you heard of The HolyLand Expirience, its in Kissimmee Fl, near Orlando and did you know that it is themed to the Bible, I went there as a little girl and even then it seemed kind of different. If your really looking for the biblical theme park you should check it out!

Funny you should mention a Waynes World ride! I was working on a thing in RCT3, an indoor tilt coaster. I got this from an idea had after riding Rockin Rollercoaster at MGM: WAYNES WORLD THE EXPERIENCE: You **** in a car like the Merth Mobile form the movie and your on a tilt coaster, you pull into a dark room and it is completely black. Then all the suden you hear "FEED MYYYYYYYYYYYYY FRANKENSTEEEEEIIIINNNNNN!" and the music kicks in and we see the giant skeleton and animatronic members of Alice Coopers band playing irght in front of you (from the Alice Cooper concert they attend in the movie) Your car is lifted up straight into the air and the tilt device kicks in and you plummet 90 degrees straigh into the skeletons mouth and go on a dark adventure in which you see many scenes in sequence as they appear in the movie with little audio bites from Wayne and Garth playing through the speakers on oyur headrest. You could also feature other music. What do you guys think of that? It would be one hillarious rock and roll adventure straight out of Waynes World!!! PARTY ON!!!

Actually, when I think of a dark ride anymore, the first thing that pops into my mind is something like the Indiana Jones ride out at Disneyland in California. It's the best dark ride I've ever ridden. I haven't ridden the Spiderman ride down at Universal Studio IOA, so I can't compair them. But that is the next generation of dark ride. Fast and fun. I don't think they have to be slow and all about going through a few rooms of scenes anymore. The new dark rides can be just as fun and unexpected as a rollercoaster.

I think that PKI needs a truly scary (not meant for kids) dark ride. Or they can just bring back PT and keep everybody happy!!! Yes the park does have SD:HM, but come on.... how does that ride NOT get on your nervers? The animations SUCK, the ride has wood CUT-OUTS!!!! What the hell kind-of dark ride is that! SD:HM is NOT a dark ride, it's a game!! -Hauntguy

I think that PKI needs a truly scary (not meant for kids) dark ride. Or they can just bring back PT and keep everybody happy!!! Yes the park does have SD:HM, but come on.... how does that ride NOT get on your nervers? The animations SUCK, the ride has wood CUT-OUTS!!!! What the hell kind-of dark ride is that! SD:HM is NOT a dark ride, it's a game!! -Hauntguy

WATCH IT BUDDY I love SDATHC it is beloved by scooby fans and kids I dont want a scary haunted attraction because it wouldnt benfit the park besides & I hate stuff that is too scary and violent plus your forgetting Paramount Parks are family friendly so unless it's FEARFEST it aint happening.