Smoking Ban?

UncleHenry

I think that this would be great bc it is a great idea and make everyone else happy.  Holiday World is amazing ad its great to see no cigerates all over the ground. :} way to go PKI!!!!!

I think we should invest in ash trays like CP has in the front of the lines. It makes people get the hint.

I totally agree with that -- half of the ecology problem is the fact that you can't find ashtrays anywhere in the park.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I see it PKI's rides department will save over $20,000 if there is a smoking ban in place due to not ahving to pay the crews to stay around for an extra 15 + minutes each night to clean up cigarette butts in the queue houses.

This is the most ridiculous assumption I've ever seen when it comes to PKI and it's labor budget...20 G's?? Give me a break.

Happy Days diner it is. did someone say Chik Fila???...what ever happened to parks developing their own restaurants. A Chik Fila isn't exactly a step toward the theming direction.

If PKI is in fact banning smoking, hopefully they are prepared to enforce the rules. Queue smokers have been around forever despite the rules. I've smelled all kinds of smoke in the lines...including smoke of the "Cheech and Chong" variety in the Flight of Fear queue. It may take Eco a few more minutes to sweep up the butts, but if PKI wants to seriously enforce, than it's going to take more security. As far as money goes, it seems like it would cost them more to fully ban smoking. I suppose it comes down to who they want to pay the overtime to....Eco or Security.

This ban will make is easier to enforce. Security doesn't go into ride queues very often, so it's harder to enforce. Since smoking is banned everywhere now, security will have a better chance of stopping them. Also, since signs will be ALL over the park instead of lines, people will (most likely) see them.

Yes, but we all know that people cant read signs stupid.gif

Happy Days diner it is. did someone say Chik Fila???...what ever happened to parks developing their own restaurants. A Chik Fila isn't exactly a step toward the theming direction.

If PKI is in fact banning smoking, hopefully they are prepared to enforce the rules. Queue smokers have been around forever despite the rules. I've smelled all kinds of smoke in the lines...including smoke of the "Cheech and Chong" variety in the Flight of Fear queue. It may take Eco a few more minutes to sweep up the butts, but if PKI wants to seriously enforce, than it's going to take more security. As far as money goes, it seems like it would cost them more to fully ban smoking. I suppose it comes down to who they want to pay the overtime to....Eco or Security.

But I Love Chic Fil A!

I bet that when the park does open in April that you'll all get to see designated smoking areas, should they actually ban smoking. They could even use the "hidden" picnic area behind wings as a smoking area. I really doubt though that they would create an absolute ban on smoking in the park, if they are then why would they have placed a designated smoking area in Boomerang Bay the year before? I'm sure the topic of smoking ban has been ongoing in the ranks of Paramount, and if they knew that eventually would create a total ban on smoking then they would have saved the money in creating the smoking area and forced people to smoke outside the gates, as in the past. I also find the absolute ban on smoking a little bit hard to believe just because of the shear volume of people in upper management that do smoke. The ratio is somewhat astounding. As smokers, they must realize that there are people with families that smoke as well, and may be deterred from visiting the park. But then on the other hand, I'm sure management will still be able to smoke behind the scenes, and there's no way that they would strip themselves as the ability to smoke. After all, in management, you're either addicted to caffeine or nicotine. On that note, I need to go drink another Coke.

As for new food options, I find it funny how one of the new food stands hasn't been guessed with all the hints on this site, and the fact that on the park map last year it said that a food stand would go into the old Sanrio [Toy Box (Animal Fair)] Store last year? But then also was Sanrio really empty last year? Merchandise sure does keeping product out of the warehouse and into its locations, even if it means over populating the stockrooms. And I bet there will be some other changes in other resale departments that you will get to see that may or may not affect you. As to what those are, time shall tell.

So are we getting new restaurants and a ban on smoking? Talk amongst yourselves.

I hate rumors.... to much drama, the restraunts would be a good idea but the smoking ban would be ridiculous, and p!ss a lot of people off. I mean who do people think they are trying to make laws against people smoking in there own car or out in the OPEN. its all a bunch of bull crap to me

I would love to see a smoking bad at PKI. I do not want myself or my family exposed to second hand smoke. I have been to PKI and my little ones have picked up someone nasty cigarette butts that they carelessly threw to the ground.

As for the food issue I think a nice coffee stand would be great in the morning.

Security can work more in a week, than Ecology can. In their handbook, they don't hit over time til I think George said 90 hours a week, whereas, Ecology hits overtime, and in trouble at 70 hours a week

Overtime??? We are seasonal people, there is no such thing as overtime for seasonal associates in the state of Ohio.

The amount of hours per week is usually set so that people aren't there ALL THE TIME and they can have a life or not over work themselves.

I like Black Raspberry Chip.

I think the smoking ban would be a great idea, not only for the second hand smoke(which I can't stand), but the litter. Seeing cigarette butts all over the place really detracts from the cleanliness of the park. But having designated smoking areas would be a must, probably one in each themed area.

On a side note, i really liked the idea of the Happy Days/TVLand diner idea in the concept surveys, so hopefully we'll see that. smile.gif

I think that this would be great bc it is a great idea and make everyone else happy.  Holiday World is amazing ad its great to see no cigerates all over the ground. :} way to go PKI!!!!!

I think we should invest in ash trays like CP has in the front of the lines. It makes people get the hint.

Ok look, I have noticed that even if there are ashtraays at rides, guests will still sneak them in the lines and continue to puff away, it gets really annoying, and it really cheeses me off when someone does something really stupid, wanna hear it?

ok, i was in line for raven, then i hear the chain stop while it is on the lift. to my surprise, a man had lit himself a cigarette and was planning on smoking, it was kinda stupid, the girl running the raven wasnt happy, she stopped the lift and told him to put it out. he threw it toward a Bent!!! this is very bad, she said, "sir, do you want the raven to go up in flames? while you are on it?" we had a small chuckle at that, but it really is terrible when people do such dumb stuff. rawr.

well, people can be so stupid, so ashtrays at the queue entrance wouldnt work, raven had them, and this guy smoked ON the ride! which i heard also happened on the flume, just as it comes over the drop, i guess the fall was too stressful!

Ok look, I have noticed that even if there are ashtraays at rides, guests will still sneak them in the lines and continue to puff away, it gets really annoying, and it really cheeses me off when someone does something really stupid, wanna hear it?

ok, i was in line for raven, then i hear the chain stop while it is on the lift. to my surprise, a man had lit himself a cigarette and was planning on smoking, it was kinda stupid, the girl running the raven wasnt happy, she stopped the lift and told him to put it out. he threw it toward a Bent!!! this is very bad, she said, "sir, do you want the raven to go up in flames? while you are on it?" we had a small chuckle at that, but it really is terrible when people do such dumb stuff. rawr.

well, people can be so stupid, so ashtrays at the queue entrance wouldnt work, raven had them, and this guy smoked ON the ride! which i heard also happened on the flume, just as it comes over the drop, i guess the fall was too stressful!

You been to Cedar Point? Those ash trays are huge and no one would actually pick them up and take them. Smoking on the rides happen all the time. I love busting them. I give them a hard time and tell the other guest that someone was being stupid and dumb. Then the people yell at the people that were smoking. It's funny. laugh.gif

The amount of hours per week is usually set so that people aren't there ALL THE TIME and they can have a life or not over work themselves.

I always thought it was so the peeps didn't hit the magic number of 1820. What is this life you speak of outside of PKI? I don't remember such a thing, and I worked no where near as much as some of the wonderful people in PKI's neighborhood food service department laugh.gif

I wonder where'd they'd place smoking areas in the park, it isn't as though there are high tension wires bisecting the main park causing large open spaces. The best thing about smoking bans is getting to deal with those people who just blow smoke in your face when asked to place it out, or those people who put cigarette butts out in the waterpark and leave them smouldering on the concrete paths. Nice thinking, isn't it?

I enjoy saving three dollars on 64oz mugs.

I say issue park staff stun guns..lol Just kidding!! But how funny is that!

Employee: Sir, there's no smoking aloud within the park.

Guest: Are you serious!?

Employee: Yes, it's a new rule this season.

Guest: Oh, ok, I'll put it out.

Employee: Sir, you need to calm down.

Guest: What are you talking about?

Employee: Sir! You need to calm down!

Guest: I am calm!

Employee: *Stuns Guest*

I am a smoker nd try to respct nonsmokers. As most of my famley dont smoke. I dont smoke in lines,put my buts in the trash after flicking off the fire and when in a crowd cover up my cigaret so no one gets burnt if thay bump in to me.I had that hapen to one of my children when thay wher young. smoking areas would be ok I ges even tho the park is open air.Thay will probubley make theam at places that serve beer. But thouse are eatreys also so who knows some peapole onley smoke when thay drink. If the park bans smoking alltogether I probubley wont get a pass next year

You cant ban smoking though based on what a few morons do at the park. Just because you person has a ciggarette actually on a ride doesnt mean everyone else will do it. The person that normally does it is usually either 1) drunk or 2) they have no freaking brain. You cant punish the whole crowd for like 2 bad people, it just doesnt work like that. That is why we already have the rules that we usually enforce. I mean i smoke, so do most of my friends, but if your around someone that doesnt want to be around it have some courtisy and wait till later.. Thats why we banned smoking in lines because its so tight, especially on busy days, and restraunts, but how can you BAN it in open air. If you dont want to be around then go away.

"You cant punish the whole crowd for like 2 bad people, it just doesnt work like that."

Actually, it does work that way. It was a lesson learned in the first grade for me. I believe my teacher said it only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch. I can't count the number of times that some jerk in class acting up wound up getting everyone in trouble.