Smoking Ban?

UncleHenry

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are the most @ssbackwards country when it comes to this kind of stuff. As a nation, we are a bunch of prudes when you compare us to the rest of the world.

HAHA OWN3D.... we are @ss backwards compared to everyone else, but yet we are the "superior" nation.... get real

We are the most @ssbackwards country when it comes to this kind of stuff.  As a nation, we are a bunch of prudes when you compare us to the rest of the world.

HAHA OWN3D.... we are @ss backwards compared to everyone else, but yet we are the "superior" nation.... get real

Welcome to America, my name is Hablo and I'm here to help.

The health and well being of our society is the winner on this deal.

Are you joking? Society includes smokers too man. Dont you see people make the choice, or choice not, to smoke. And smurf boy, i hate people like you when it comes to this subject, dont you see the other side of the story at all? You think just because you dont smoke you should be glorified in some way and not have to be around the "second hand smoke" bull crap. If someone smokes around you and you dont like it, either say something or go away.

I can understand your point. But here is even another way to look at it. Look at all the lawsuits out now from smokers suing the tobacco companies. And while we are on the subject look at the cost of health care rising due to smokers. The average smoker will have triple the amount of health care needs compared to a non-smoker. This makes our rates rise. I believe the government has to do something in order to stop the landslide.

It already has. Your rates are high due to issues like this. Smoking has been accepted in society for years and years. Now that people are finally realizing that it’s killing us they want to make a change and people are freaking out.

''On the other had, non-smokers have a tendancy to intrude on smokers' rights to smoke too. This is outdoors, so it's not like someone who is offended by the smell couldn't just walk away from it''

I do walk away but walk right into more of it Iam happy that most places are becoming smoke free,smoking is gross and very unattractive why would someone want to kill there lungs and looks?

''i hate people like you when it comes to this subject, dont you see the other side of the story at all? You think just because you dont smoke you should be glorified in some way and not have to be around the "second hand smoke" bull crap. If someone smokes around you and you dont like it, either say something or go away. ''

No you have it all wrong I hate people like you who smoke near me and my small ones.. smokers like you are making the midways look like LA,Yes I know your point of view I have friends who smoke and they accept my rights as a non-smoker people need to know non-smokers have rights as well and not light up while waiting in line and walking to or from an ride.

I agree family man, that smokers should have to pay a higher premium.  Not sure if that is in effect now or not.

Why not obese people, people who drive motor cycles, people who work in mines or in hard labor where their health will deteriorate in the end? Why not people who take the steps instead of the elevator? Why not people will a family history of illness?

In the end, you can pin some sort of risky activity on anyone as an excuse to raise their premiums.

I don't smoke. I don't like smoke, and I know smoking is bad for you.

Kings Island is a private enterprise, they can tell us we have to wear green to visit their park if they want to. I have no problem with them putting a smoking ban in place, but as a courtesy, they should at least offer people a place to go to smoke should the need to.

It's not a habit, it's an addiction, and a nasty one at that. Some studies have said it's easier to quit heroin than smoking and the last thing I want to be around while waiting in line is some strung out smoker who's about to freak out after seven hours without a smoke.

I say let them smoke in designated areas, and if they stray, zap them with a taser gun.

Now where did I put that Quarter Pounder with Cheese?

If they do implement a smoking ban in the park, it will most likely be similar to what they did in Boomerang Bay (also similar to what Holiday World did last season). Over in Boomerang Bay, they have a patio, off the main path by about ten feet where smokers can go smoke. At Holiday World they built decks off of the main midways for smokers to go and smoke if they feel the need to. That way they can still smoke, and are not bothering people in lines or in restaurants. If the park does go smoke free I am sure they will implement similar areas in the park.

I certainly hope they go fart free too. Have you ever stood in queue for The Beast when someone near you has unleased a Silent but Violent beefer from beyond the outer realms of the fourth dimension? No? Well, I have and let me tell you what, riding The Beast is a walk in the park compared to sitting throught the turbulence and nasal destruction of said backside explosion. So, in closing, I hope this raises a red flag to the Kings Island managers and suits to help save what's left of my nasal hair and alongside the smoking ban, make farting at the park, a thing of the past.

I certainly hope they go fart free too. Have you ever stood in queue for The Beast when someone near you has unleased a Silent but Violent beefer from beyond the outer realms of the fourth dimension? No? Well, I have and let me tell you what, riding The Beast is a walk in the park compared to sitting throught the turbulence and nasal destruction of said backside explosion. So, in closing, I hope this raises a red flag to the Kings Island managers and suits to help save what's left of my nasal hair and alongside the smoking ban, make farting at the park, a thing of the past.

^ Wow, that is disgusting. I've never heard a fart explanation quite like that.

that is just downright hilarious!!!! laugh.gif

want to kill there lungs and looks?

No you have it all wrong I hate people like you who smoke near me and my small ones.. smokers like you are making the midways look like LA,Yes I know your point of view I have friends who smoke and they accept my rights as a non-smoker people need to know non-smokers have rights as well and not light up while waiting in line and walking to or from an ride.

One, yes it kills your lungs and i know its not healthy, two, its not crack, you dont get scars on your face from it.

With the last one.... smokers like me.... hmmm if every smoker was like me, we wouldnt be having this conversation now would we? I put my ciggarette out then put it in a trash can, i ask people if it bothers them if i smoke, whether it be at there home, car, or if Im AROUND THEM, and I have never EVER blown smoke in a kids face, so you can PI$$ OFF.

I do accept your rights as a non-smoker, seeing as how I used to be one, im just saying you guys are barking up the wrong tree in my opinion.

You cant always just walk away I mean what if your in a line. I mean you could walk away but why would you waste your time standing in line just to get out. PKI is a private propety so they can ban it and I would be happy and the park would be alot cleaner.

Im not saying walk away in line, that would be pointless. You guys forget that is why the people in the blue and white shirts are at PKI are for? Go get one of them, if someone is smoking in line. Im saying this as an employee, come get one of us, we love dealing with smokers in line, or at least i do.

I agree family man, that smokers should have to pay a higher premium.  Not sure if that is in effect now or not.

Why not obese people, people who drive motor cycles, people who work in mines or in hard labor where their health will deteriorate in the end? Why not people who take the steps instead of the elevator? Why not people will a family history of illness?

In the end, you can pin some sort of risky activity on anyone as an excuse to raise their premiums.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

The health insurance arguement is crap anyways, they hav e been trying to do that for years

This smoking ban isn't going to catch right away. I know, and have been told that there is going to be a couple seasons before it catches on right away. We, as employees, just need to enforce it politely, and consistently. As a supervisor this year, I know that this is going to one of those things that some guests are going to be a pain in the ass about. Other theme parks, such as Dollywood, have enforced designated smoking areas and the other non-smoking and even some smoking guests found it makes the park better. Plus, hopefully there won't be cigarette buts everywhere.

I would love to have a smoking ban all together, it would be easier to tell people just to put it out and not light up in the park at all. It would be something else for the metal detectors to tell people. I know a ton of people would get ****ed about an overall ban, so designated smoking areas are better.

In BB last year, we had a few people that ignored the designated smoking areas several times and we can revoke their passes for doing so multiple times. I am hoping that it won't be that bad in the park.

Guests need to remember that they can not smoke in any ride line! It's posted on the entrance of every freaking line... people are dumb and just don't read.

Guests need to remember that they can not smoke in any ride line! It's posted on the entrance of every freaking line... people are dumb and just don't read.

True, but most queue houses also have a "no smoking pass this point" sign about half way through, which makes guest believe they can smoke in line up to that point.

True, but most queue houses also have a "no smoking pass this point" sign about half way through, which makes guest believe they can smoke in line up to that point.

Like that stupid novelty sign on FOF. I told them they needed to take that down, that was the guests' biggest defense for smoking, as they chose to ignore the two signs that say no smoking, period.

I have to say the "You can just walk away from it" argument is not very solid. During one visit, I was sitting outside eating my fries and watching the train in Rivertown and some smokers sat near me and started smoking. I asked them not to because of my asthma and they told me to go F*** myself. Then later I am sitting on a park bench, and the smell of smoke nearby hits me forcing me to move. This happens to me many times during a day. When people get off rides, they often light up, and the walk away from the ride is filled with smoke. There is no way to "just walk away" from it until you are out of the exit line.

If I am sitting there enjoying myself, why should I be forced to constantly move around to avoid toxic and health threatening smoke? People think that being outside makes the smoke okay, but it can still be overwhelming and make the entire area around the smoker smell awful. And I see smokers throw away their butts all the time, and it looks terrible.

Yes, there are polite and wonderful smokers out there and I appreciate them. But there are many more who are not that way. This is an activity that by nature harms everyone around the person doing it, and therefore it should be controlled.

I am for designated smoking areas so that they have a place to smoke, and the rest of us will know in advance which areas to avoid. In that sense, we can "just walk away". Otherwise, us non-smokers should be shielded from this very unhealthy and unpleasant activity. If Kings Island is implementing a smoking ban of some sort, then I applaud them!

I've been on both sides of the fence. Smokers indoors are rude, and I am a on and off currently off smoker and i can personally say it makes me sick to sit in the smoking section. I am all for smoking outdoors as long as you stomp out and pick up your butts. Smokey the Bear will come and shove them up your A$$ if you dont. What else... smokers just can't be rude thats the point... non-smokers need to be thinking about their health if they don't like it and are bothered by cigarette smoke then dont be around smokers. I see no problem with a smoking ban as long as it doesn't cut into outdoors time.

• 4 weeks later...

Thoughts on a smoking ban:

First off I do smoke and second, I see any type of ban on smoking as an infringement on my freedom as an American. Designated smoking areas just put larger, more concentrated areas of smoke around the park. If you have ever looked into the facts you will find there is NO SIGNIFICANT PROOF that second hand smoke causes cancer. The government did a report on it and the report was blown out of proportion. If you get a chance to watch Penn and Teller's BS show on Showtime it will give you the right facts.

As far as health goes the largest problem facing children today is OBESITY. In the last 10 years child obesity has gone from 5% to 16%. I guess this means we should stop selling fattening foods at the park. Better yet I think the consumption of such food, no matter what your weight, should be banned in public places. Adolescent smoking has NOT risen in the past 10 years, so let’s ban smoking. Obesity HAS TRIPLED so why not ban it from public places? You have just as much chance of dying from someone eating around you than them smoking around you. Especially when you consider all the trash and pollution put up by a theme park and look at all the cars in the parking lot. (Plus that cursed train wink.gif) I believe smoking bans are just another way for one section of people to have control over another section of people in a country that was found on the basis of freedom. Think of what state is directly south of KI and how much money is made from the production of tobacco. Not to mention the 25-35 % hit federal and state taxes would be raised without having the income from cigarette and tobacco sales.

Look, most of my friends are non-smokers and I do my best not to smoke around them. I don’t try to irritate people with my bad habit and I definitely don’t smoke in Hanna-Barbera (I must be human after all ïÂÅ ) I know it’s bad for me and I should quit. It’s a pretty strong addiction or I’m a weak person one of the two. But I’m not yelling to stop that kid from eating cotton candy because it makes my children want to eat it. My point is where does it stop. Cigarettes today, then alcohol, then candy, then piercings (like I want my kid to want a nose ring, but people walk around with those all the time and the infection from having one done COULD kill you) This is America and freedom should be more than a word.

Thanks for your consideration in the reading of this and peace be with you.

RobinTodd

have to say I enjoyed the park Sunday. Walking around all day and I never had to breath in someone’s nasty second hand smoke. PKI made a great call on designation smoking areas.

Ohoo and by the way I don’t need the Government to tell me it's not healthy to stick a cars vehicle exhaust pipe in my mouth. Smoking is not natural and it's bad for you. Doesn’t take a team of scientists or doctors to figure that one out. But good luck with the lung cancer and the other health problems that come with it.

have to say I enjoyed the park Sunday. Walking around all day and I never had to breath in someone’s nasty second hand smoke. PKI made a great call on designation smoking areas.

Ohoo and by the way I don’t need the Government to tell me it's not healthy to stick a cars vehicle exhaust pipe in my mouth. Smoking is not natural and it's bad for you. Doesn’t take a team of scientists or doctors to figure that one out. But good luck with the lung cancer and the other health problems that come with it.

True, but back to his point, obesity causes cancer as well, so why not ban fatty foods from the park? You say that you find the smell of smoke unpleasant, but I find seeing men and women who are 50lbs overweight unpleasant to look at in skimpy clothes, on the same note, shouldn't we confine them to certain areas of the park as well?

I must say, if anyone has really had their experiences at PKI altered by not having smoking around them must be miserable in public, because regardless of whatever regulation or ban they may put into place, people are going to smoke.