Smoking Ban?

UncleHenry

"You say that you find the smell of smoke unpleasant, but I find seeing men and women who are 50lbs overweight unpleasant to look at in skimpy clothes, on the same note, shouldn't we confine them to certain areas of the park as well?"

Yes! Yes! Or, at least they should be arrested by the fashion police. tongue.gif

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You say that you find the smell of smoke unpleasant, but I find seeing men and women who are 50lbs overweight unpleasant to look at in skimpy clothes, on the same note, shouldn't we confine them to certain areas of the park as well?"

Yes! Yes! Or, at least they should be arrested by the fashion police. tongue.gif

I think we have found some common ground... lol

have to say I enjoyed the park Sunday. Walking around all day and I never had to breath in someone’s nasty second hand smoke. PKI made a great call on designation smoking areas.

Ohoo and by the way I don’t need the Government to tell me it's not healthy to stick a cars vehicle exhaust pipe in my mouth. Smoking is not natural and it's bad for you. Doesn’t take a team of scientists or doctors to figure that one out. But good luck with the lung cancer and the other health problems that come with it.

No, smoking is not natural and neither is prepared food, soda, gardenburgers, beer, wine, or doing anything else that mankind has had a hand in (would that include coasters? or even this forum huh.gif ) Smoking has been around for a LONG time. And you don't need a very civilized civilization to have it ( ask the british, the indians, etc.) And good luck to you too, seems as though you have a better chance of dying in a car accident than you do of dying of second hand smoke. (and those nasty side effects of such a wreck, could even lead to a vegitative state. I have my living will,....do you?)

All the best

robintodd

As a Fireman I have been on many runs. Auto accidents, fires, and mainly EMS calls for people who have been smoking for years. These people are attached to oxygen bottles and many are so stubborn that they actually will light one up with the oxygen bottle right there. Smart move! Someone mentioned the overweight people theory as a rebuttal to the smoking ban. I find this to be a desperate and petty argument coming from a smoker trying to justify a killing habit. If a fat person wants to sit next to me and eat an entire pizza at Larosa’s it will not affect me “health wise.â€Â. lol

have to say I enjoyed the park Sunday. Walking around all day and I never had to breath in someone’s nasty second hand smoke. PKI made a great call on designation smoking areas.

I was enjoying myself until I walked face first into a SILENT BUT VIOLENT air biscuit from a gorgeous Redhead walking in front of me. She didn't turn around to administer CPR as I lay gasping for air on the path to The Beast. Please PKI, I'm pleading with you, put in designated farting areas!

I honestly think that even if a pack of ciggs were $8, most would quit, but there are still those few that would buy them for that much.

On the contrary, I think most people would still dish out the prices. Would they smoke less? Likely.

I did my trip to New York, and you were right. I bought ciggarettes before i left but ended up running out and i broke down and bought a pack. It was $6.62, wasnt as high as i thought it would be for a pack of malboro reds, but Newports were almost $9 a pack.

Smoking isnt natural.....???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I had no idea the tabacco plant was a man made seed. Oh and familyman, it did take scientists and doctors to figure out that smoking was bad for you what do you think all the clinical studies and experiments were for? Just to use government money? And the whole fat arguement, as funny and sarcastic as it is, its justified. If the government , businesses, etc. are so worried about the wellbeing of everyone, which is the number one cause of the smoking bans, because it benefits everyone as a whole ( shouldnt smokers be included in this? Apparently not.) then they should quit selling fatty foods, because obesity is a much LARGER problem than smoking. Its been proven. But yet there are no laws on people going to Burger king and eating 2 double whoppers with cheese, large fries, and a Coke.

Yeah but you cant smell fat and you cant make other people sick by smelling it.. smoke is more deadly while your smoking the smoke can make other people sick near by I know people that just by smelling smoke makes them so sick they have to stop what they are doing and my one good friend jack if he smells smoke or it near it his nose starts bleeding! while I agree with your views dxrunner..Iam a non-smoker and I like what PKI is doing.

"But yet there are no laws on people going to Burger king and eating 2 double whoppers with cheese, large fries, and a Coke."

Actually, the funny thing is, most people chase all of that food with a DIET Coke, as if that is going to make a difference.

Smoking isnt natural.....???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I had no idea the tabacco plant was a man made seed. Oh and familyman, it did take scientists and doctors to figure out that smoking was bad for you what do you think all the clinical studies and experiments were for? Just to use government money? And the whole fat arguement, as funny and sarcastic as it is, its justified. If the government , businesses, etc. are so worried about the wellbeing of everyone, which is the number one cause of the smoking bans, because it benefits everyone as a whole ( shouldnt smokers be included in this? Apparently not.) then they should quit selling fatty foods, because obesity is a much LARGER problem than smoking. Its been proven. But yet there are no laws on people going to Burger king and eating 2 double whoppers with cheese, large fries, and a Coke.

Smoking isnt natural at all, tobaco plants are natural but smoking is not. Your not born with a natural tendancy to stick it in a pipe and smoke it to get your fix. Smoking was started by curious human beings.

Smoking isnt natural at all, tobaco plants are natural but smoking is not. Your not born with a natural tendancy to stick it in a pipe and smoke it to get your fix. Smoking was started by curious human beings.

I hate to bash, but yet again, i think your a moron. What else is tabacco used for besides smoking. Name one thing for me.

People think it's a joke, but the government is taking a serious look at salt and how it affects everyone. So, be prepared for the ban on salt intake.

You make a very good point. Unfortunately, as good as this anti-smoking deal could possibly be for the health of America, it's also a foot in the door for society to put a stop to a lot of the little evil pleasures of life.

^I agree, Boddah. It scares me to think which one of our little freedoms is next. I want to say that I am not against anyone smoking, especially outdoors. I also know this will only lead us down a road that we do not want to go on.

^I agree, Boddah. It scares me to think which one of our little freedoms is next. I want to say that I am not against anyone smoking, especially outdoors. I also know this will only lead us down a road that we do not want to go on.

As long as I still have my fast food.

Eck, Fastfood rots the temple....but still not as bad as smoking,

offtopic.gif and Tubaman it is MCDEATH it's something you dont understand because if you did you wouldnt be mocking my sig McDonalds treats there workers like sh*t you have to work there to understand ''MCDEATH''.

• 1 month later...

^Same holds true with PKD, and I'm sure the other Paramount Parks as well. It's a shame cause personally I can't stand the smell, so why should someone like myself have to smell it? Further up there was mention of salt and being bad for health, both smoking and sodium may be bad for you but at least sodium doesn't affect those around you ohmy.gif

I know that a lot of people disagree with this, but just as we have the right to clean air, smokers have a right to smoke. Cigarettes are legal...

If a smoker actually thought about it, they're being discriminated against as well. I always thought they were being 'insensitive' by smoking around me. Now I think that telling them they can't smoke is just as insensitive because it's legal and they're uh addicted.

If a smoker actually thought about it, they're being discriminated against as well. I always thought they were being 'insensitive' by smoking around me. Now I think that telling them they can't smoke is just as insensitive because it's legal and they're uh addicted.

That is totally understandable, but the park isn't telling the smoker they can't smoke, they're saying they can't smoke anywhere they want. If that sounds like too much of a hassel, then they should ask themselves if it's really worth it to smoke?