Woman crashes car into pool at Kings Island Camp Cedar

BoddaH1994

20 minutes ago, jsus said:

Fortunately it seems no one in the pool was injured, hopefully she gets the treatment she needs...

Side note:  The KICC spokesperson is mentioned as a Jackie Reau, who runs a local PR firm, not a Kings Island spokesperson.  Wonder what brought about that change...

http://www.gamedaypr.com/jackie

I know Chad Showalter is the spokesperson for Kings Island, but maybe since Camp Cedar is not owned by Kings Island, the campsite got a different spokesperson for this story.

1 hour ago, jsus said:

Fortunately it seems no one in the pool was injured, hopefully she gets the treatment she needs...

Side note:  The KICC spokesperson is mentioned as a Jackie Reau, who runs a local PR firm, not a Kings Island spokesperson.  Wonder what brought about that change...

http://www.gamedaypr.com/jackie

Remember? When bad things happen it is Kings Island Camp Cedar and you must be reminded that the campground is a different ownership than Cedar Fair. It’s probably another way to distance themselves when it’s convenient. 

What’s funny is Gameday typically does things like Grand Openings and big events. I don’t know if a major example of them being used for crisis communication, but I admit I haven’t exactly looked into it. 

• Like 1

The thing is the average person has no idea who the park's spokesperson is (obviously a fan site and enthusiasts know LOL), so if it is going to be titled in the article Kings Island Camp Cedar, shouldn't and wouldn't KI want to control that narrative, especially if they are getting paid to provide that service?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Remember? When bad things happen it is Kings Island Camp Cedar and you must be reminded that the campground is a different ownership than Cedar Fair. It’s probably another way to distance themselves when it’s convenient. 

What’s funny is Gameday typically does things like Grand Openings and big events. I don’t know if a major example of them being used for crisis communication, but I admit I haven’t exactly looked into it. 

Thus my confusion.  One wonders if a dispute arose between ownership and Kings Island management that led to this as a result of the park's handling of previous...  situations.  But that's all just speculation.