CP announces maXair

Cedar Point announced today that they will build maXair. The ride will belocated by the space spiral. It should be interesting to note that maXair is being manufactured by Huss and is in fact a Giant Frisbee, just like Delirium at PKI. The one difference is that maXair will have a minumum height of 52", or 2" shorter than Delirium`s minumum height.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that, even though it has been proven that 52 inches is perfectly safe, PKI doesn't want to have just one ride with a new height requirement. That would mean a whole new set of wristbands that only really mean something on one ride. Plus, I think PKI is a little too obsessed with safety.

and once again..this shows that CP is better than pki...and why do they need to go the distance? we all already know that CP blows pki out of the water with ease...the only records we have are obviously beasts length...and sob's records...the only ride in the world guaranteed to break one of your bones each ride..one record i hope Cp never tries to get

"and sob's records...the only ride in the world guaranteed to break one of your bones each ride..one record i hope Cp never tries to get"

Well I don't know about that. CP has Mantis and no matter how I try to ride that ride it is always the most painful coaster I've ever been on and its's not that I don't know how to ride stand ups because I never experience that kind of pain on Chang. So while Matis may not break bones it surely causes some major pain, like having a 100,000 pound man sit on your legs.

By the way I do have to give CP some major credit for finaly getting a great flat besides power tower.

Isn't anyone else a little ****ed of that they copied us? When have we ever copied them like that? NEVER. Same color scheme and everything. Retro my ass it's the exact same color as Delirium. We expanded our waterpark, they build a waterpark. I hate that park. I'll bet they put in something themed next year.

Anyway, anyone know how the platform on maXair is gonna work? Is gonna be like ours with flaps or will raise and lower like Face/Off?

I believe there are already more than two giant frisbees, and TRTR's downtime was not quite 90% not even 20%. I'd bet that it will be CP's most complex ride, there is quite a bit more to our giant frisbee than any of our coasters control wise.

..matt

Yes there are more - Nagashima Frisbee, at Nagashima Spaland Japan is identical in every way to our Delirium - including color scheme. From the CP website - it looks like maXair will have a slightly different color scheme.

Plus there is a prototype Giant Frisbee in Bremen Germany, at the Huss factory. laugh.gif