CP announces maXair

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some odd reason, this board and the ride itself is starting to make me feel more and more mediocre by the minute. Delirium is still a special ride, and comparing it to it's clone at Cedar Point really isn't that fair. If/when I ever go to Cedar Point, this will be one of the rides I will plan to NOT ride. It's like buying McDonalds in Japan. Why do it over there when you could do it over here? It's the same thrill, and I don't think the riders will feel much of a difference if it really does go 3 feet higher than our own.

I remember when they were at pki, visiting the park, just to see how well Delirium was working out for the guests. I knew waaaay ahead of time that they were going to get one.

SOB sucks Big time and Mean Streak is a Ok woodie its a little rough BUT isnt wood coasters meant to be a little rough? I agree XtheXcrewX EVERYONE should relize that Cedar Point Kicks Pki Butt in terms of everything! Cedar Point is just taking over the state of ohio and its not going to stop anytime soon.

.....And for your information Cedar Point Isnt running out of space it may LOOK like it but they know how to rearange things unlike us.

SOB sucks Big time and Mean Streak is a Ok woodie its a little rough BUT isnt wood coasters meant to be a little rough? I agree XtheXcrewX EVERYONE should relize that Cedar Point Kicks Pki Butt in terms of everything! Cedar Point is just taking over the state of ohio and its not going to stop anytime soon.

.....And for your information Cedar Point Isnt running out of space it may LOOK like it but they know how to rearange things unlike us.

Quite true. They're always moving thier flats to comply with the new rides.

Cedar Point is a great park. But like all good things land locked you have to steal space from other attractions to add on. CP has been doing this for years. It’s an ugly trend to watch to say the least. Although PKI removed 2 rides this year to make room for another attraction., they could have moved them to another area with ease. TIJ is in the center of the park. I wish CP had more room. With space like PKI has the options and possibilities for huge attractions is endless. It’s just a matter of time.

Two things...

1. Cedar Point is NOT running out of space.

2. Tiny is hatin... tongue.gif

I agree CP is NOT running out of space. If they wanted to, they could build a parking garage and expand into the parking lot with a new park entrance. Universal/IOA anyone? There's other areas too if you think about it.

i'd hate to CP run out of space...and as good as they have been doing with allocating space to certain rides and such i doubt it'll happen for quite a while..and i agree with derbeast they could easily build a parking garage somewhere and fill in the parking lot..that would be amazing actually...another solution would also be to take out some of the less popular rides/entertainment near magnum such as the go-karts, putt-putt, etc. i don't know how crowded or how popular the water park gets so i'm not sure if they could get away with taking that out..but they have more room near magnum too...another extreme solution would just be to start building in geagua lake or other CF park...that doesn't help CP's space, cause its not CP..but still something they could try

i couldn't imagine really...but i guess if it enables CP to build more in their park without taking anything out it might be their last resort to do something as drastic as that...i would almost see them start building more roller coasters at other parks..just so long as people associate the park with CP or Cedar Fair parks...i think that people are more likely to go to a park if they know its owned by a company that brings you parks like Cedar Point. which is why i see geagua becoming a lot more popular than it currently is..i went up there somewhere around mid summer in 04' and the park was absolutely dead... it was really pitiful(not that i'm complaining, no waiting was awesome) it was just sad seeing a park like that having no one in it because its a really nice parks..has some nice coasters and other smaller rides including a kick ass top spin..

I agree with derbeast. Going the way of USF/IOA, and building an adjacent park would help prevent the removal of older rides. Of course there are many factors to consider, like it being a seasonal park, and the geography of the surrounding area. I've only been there once, so I don't know what the whole area looks like; if they actually could build an extension park nearby.

Ahem- there is a ride in our park that I'm barely tall enough to fit on.

Lemme guess....The 60 inch height requirement to drive the go karts at DOT?

sorry, i never took the time to look, i thought to my self, pat out ass to drive fast car in laps? no, i'd rather just hop in car for same amount of money, and risk a ticket on interstate... lol

it didnt even look that cool...

Yeah, sparky's right. I just turned 60 inches this summer- so now I'm tall enough to ride it!

-If I wasn't tall enough to ride slingshot, I wouldn't have made my inside joke. Aaron B- you know what I mean. (32!!!)

-so what if I'm the shortest person on the DSS crew, or maybe AZ altogether- I'm still a nice person.

Yeah, sparky's right. I just turned 60 inches this summer- so now I'm tall enough to ride it!

-If I wasn't tall enough to ride slingshot, I wouldn't have made my inside joke. Aaron B- you know what I mean. (32!!!)

-so what if I'm the shortest person on the DSS crew, or maybe AZ altogether- I'm still a nice person.

not saying your not nice, saying, tee hee short.

i have lots of short friends, im kinda tall, but not too tall as to not ride Delirium