CP announces maXair

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget to keep looking over your shoulder to make sure those pouches are zipped!

Everyone knows that the right way to go is checking bars in a circle. The way we Delirium ride ops check bars is almost graceful- crossing each other's paths at least twice, and continuing to walk in a circle. No pouches to mess around with- we have 3 metal storage bins to take care of that dirty work. -AND WE GET A TAN!!!

Don't forget to keep looking over your shoulder to make sure those pouches are zipped!

Everyone knows that the right way to go is checking bars in a circle. The way we Delirium ride ops check bars is almost graceful- crossing each other's paths at least twice, and continuing to walk in a circle. No pouches to mess around with- we have 3 metal storage bins to take care of that dirty work. -AND WE GET A TAN!!!

hmm...

Man what is the deal with what I call the “Foot boxes?†people will throw al kinds of things in there with all those shoes. Smells like a huge mistake to me. Anyone else ever think about this smelly dilemma? I for one would never throw my hat or some prized stuffed animal I planned on taking home in the “foot box.â€Â..lol

Man what is the deal with what I call the “Foot boxes?†people will throw al kinds of things in there with all those shoes. Smells like a huge mistake to me. Anyone else ever think about this smelly dilemma? I for one would never throw my hat or some prized stuffed animal I planned on taking home in the “foot box.â€Â..lol

why not allow shoes to stay on the moving floor, that way, since it stops in the same place, the people wont be so defensive, plus, no smelly box, or make a shoe rack for shoes... or a shelf...

Score one for TRTR you pouch hating, circle bar checking DeliriumDreamer.

why not allow shoes to stay on the moving floor, that way, since it stops in the same place, the people wont be so defensive

Read that to yourself again buddy. Why not leave them on the MOVING floor. You do realize when it moves, it angles DOWN...Not a good idea there

Oh and Ariel, your not a nice person. You left me that one day towards post season when I was stuck driving Duhlee. Remember, I begged you not to leave but you did anyways. So I think your a hanus b*tch. tongue.gif

As for the 'foot boxes' are concerned, people put their shoes in there so that they won't lose them. Plain and simple. If they left them on the floor, they would end up in the pit under the ride, and would have to walk around the park all day barefoot. -And the shoes do not change the way your beloved stuffed animal smells.

-At least noone has used our loose article bins as a barf bag.

-Score one for Delirium.

As for the 'foot boxes' are concerned, people put their shoes in there so that they won't lose them. Plain and simple. If they left them on the floor, they would end up in the pit under the ride, and would have to walk around the park all day barefoot. -And the shoes do not change the way your beloved stuffed animal smells.

-At least noone has used our loose article bins as a barf bag.

-Score one for Delirium.

however, the point of the grippy surface at Delirium is to GRIP!

if you left a pair of flip flops on the floor, they would stay there, they would not move, they would just stay there, and not fall into the pit... plus! if that proved to be the case, just place them on the concrete just outside of the moving floor.

The wind from the swinging gondola would sweep them into the pit. It has happened before. You're forgetting our 'cheesegrater' floor drops out when the ride starts, so the only place to put loose articles inside the ride area is in our weighed-down metal storage bins. No matter where you put the flip flops outside the boxes and in the ride area, they will get blown into the pit.

The wind from the swinging gondola would sweep them into the pit. It has happened before. You're forgetting our 'cheesegrater' floor drops out when the ride starts, so the only place to put loose articles inside the ride area is in our weighed-down metal storage bins. No matter where you put the flip flops outside the boxes and in the ride area, they will get blown into the pit.

hmm, but a shelf wouldnt hurt... keep the shoes away from other nonsmelly items...

FEET = SMELLY,

A BOX WITHOUT AIR HOLES = POOR VENTILATION

Delirium BOXES + SHOES = SMELLY BOX

SMELLY BOX + TEDDY BEAR = SMELLY TEDDY

SMELLY TEDDY + CARING MOM = TEDDY IN TRASH

TEDDY IN TRASH = KID UPSET

KID UPSET = NO FUN AT PARK

NO FUN AT PARK from shoes at Delirium... well, that is exaggerated, but you see? thats kinda how it happens sometimes!

yucky

This has to be one of the funniest threads that I have seen.

So far there has been comments made like:

- CP is "pladgerising" PKI with maXair (and that spelling is really funny)

- CP is running out of room

- PKI is "too safe"

- with 3 extra feet, maXair is bigger, and all CP is concerned about is the record

- Mean Streak is a smooth ride

- smelly teddy bears

- how dare CP use the same colors as Delirium

- CP copied PKI by adding an indoor waterpark because PKI re-did Boomerang Bay

When CP builds a coaster, PKI die-hards rip CP for only building coasters that "pierce the sky" and that CP does not have enough quality flats. Well CP has heard your comments on their ride selections, and they have also heard about what a quality ride Delirium is, so they decide to put one in, and you still rip them. This really makes no sense.

CP is not running out of room. This has been a common mistake made by many since 1987 with the addition of Iron Dragon. For comparison's sake PKI has removed rides and CP relocates rides with the addition of most new rides. PKI does have more room to move, so why don't they do that?

No park is "too safe". Just ask Six Flags.

I never even thought of the "3 extra feet" of maXair until I read it here. CP did not even acknowledge that fact on their website.

Mean Streak is not even close to being a smooth ride. It may not require a Chiropractor like SoB, but saying it is smooth is laughable, brakes or no brakes.

How dare CP use the same colors as Delirium? Who cares? Does it really matter?

CP copied PKI by adding a indoor waterpark after PKI refurbished WaterWorks to become Boomerang Bay. This comparison is probably one of the funniest here. Especially since CP built Soak City in 1988, and PKI did WaterWorks in 1989.

Why does everyone care so much about what CP is doing? I have never understood why some PKI lovers hate CP so much. We should be happy that there are 2 great parks less than a days drive from one another. Imagine living near SFMM where they have multiple rides down on a daily basis, and it has been that way for YEARS! Or living in a place where the nearest park is 600 miles away.

I just consider myself lucky being close to PKI and CP.

This has to be one of the funniest threads that I have seen.

So far there has been comments made like:

- CP is "pladgerising" PKI with maXair (and that spelling is really funny)

- CP is running out of room

- PKI is "too safe"

- with 3 extra feet, maXair is bigger, and all CP is concerned about is the record

- Mean Streak is a smooth ride

- smelly teddy bears

- how dare CP use the same colors as Delirium

- CP copied PKI by adding an indoor waterpark because PKI re-did Boomerang Bay

When CP builds a coaster, PKI die-hards rip CP for only building coasters that "pierce the sky" and that CP does not have enough quality flats.  Well CP has heard your comments on their ride selections, and they have also heard about what a quality ride Delirium is, so they decide to put one in, and you still rip them.  This really makes no sense.

CP is not running out of room. This has been a common mistake made by many since 1987 with the addition of Iron Dragon.  For comparison's sake PKI has removed rides and CP relocates rides with the addition of most new rides.  PKI does have more room to move, so why don't they do that?

No park is "too safe".  Just ask Six Flags.

I never even thought of the "3 extra feet" of maXair until I read it here.  CP did not even acknowledge that fact on their website.

Mean Streak is not even close to being a smooth ride. It may not require a Chiropractor like SoB, but saying it is smooth is laughable, brakes or no brakes.

How dare CP use the same colors as Delirium?  Who cares?  Does it really matter?

CP copied PKI by adding a indoor waterpark after PKI refurbished WaterWorks to become Boomerang Bay.  This comparison is probably one of the funniest here.  Especially since CP built Soak City in 1988, and PKI did WaterWorks in 1989.

Why does everyone care so much about what CP is doing?  I have never understood why some PKI lovers hate CP so much.  We should be happy that there are 2 great parks less than a days drive from one another.  Imagine living near SFMM where they have multiple rides down on a daily basis, and it has been that way for YEARS!  Or living in a place where the nearest park is 600 miles away.

I just consider myself lucky being close to PKI and CP.

Sorry to qoute his whole post but A-frickin-men brother....

Haha, I think this is the first time you and I have agreed on something.

- PKI is "too safe"

This I have a right to bash on about Cedar Point. I experience their "saftey" and it's not good at all. When you have 4 bar checkers on a ride you just "think" it would be safe, but not really. If anything this park sucks censored.gif at saftey. I hear all these stories about this or that person didn't have thier seatbelt, on and noone noticed it until, the whole station is screaming at their associates. Then they notice and be assholes about it.

And on a lighter note: WHO DEY! WHO DEY!

- PKI is "too safe"

This I have a right to bash on about Cedar Point. I experience their "saftey" and it's not good at all. When you have 4 bar checkers on a ride you just "think" it would be safe, but not really. If anything this park sucks censored.gif at saftey. I hear all these stories about this or that person didn't have thier seatbelt, on and noone noticed it until, the whole station is screaming at their associates. Then they notice and be assholes about it.

And on a lighter note: WHO DEY! WHO DEY!

Yeah, Cedar Point isn't safe.....thats why they have such an extensive list of mishaps and accidents under their belt. Sheesh. As many times as I've been to the Point in the last 10 years, I have *never* experienced anything of the such that you just listed. I'm not saying that it hasn't happened, I'm sure it has, but I'm sure a lot of what you heard are simply just stories. Just for the record, the very same thing you mentioned about Cedar Point HAS happened to me at PKI before. So it is going to happen everywhere. Cedar Fair is just as concerned about guest safety as Paramount is and I think they have a pretty good track record to prove just that.

Also, props to Browntggrr on the excellent post, finally something with some thought. SO WHAT? Cedar Point is building a Giant Frisbee, I believe there were TWO built in 2004....so whats the problem? Its not like it was going to be exclusive to PKI. Secondly, as Browntggrr mentioned, Cedar Point in NO way even mentioned those extra three feet of height. So no record touting there. Finally, as if any of this will matter. Some people just naturally want to hate ANY park or ride outside of PKI. Come on people, get out a little more.

- Todd, who thinks PKI is a great park but also recognizes that there are others just as good!