CP announces maXair

no, meanstreak is amazingly smooth..they basically beastified it..added some breaks here and there, its a lot slower and smoother...kind of boring really, cp ruined mean streak..

and i'll agree mantis isn't the most comfortable ride up there, i wouldn't call it the most painful...but it does make my legs feel all numn, sort of liek they aren't there...not the most enjoyable feeling

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" It's just the G's acting on your legs because you're standing...all stand ups have this effect, some more than others."

I know but Mantis is the worst I've ever been on. Now I have only been on three but it is by far the worst, plus I've heard from other people who have been on more stand ups than me that Mantis is the worst.

I think that, even though it has been proven that 52 inches is perfectly safe, PKI doesn't want to have just one ride with a new height requirement.  That would mean a whole new set of wristbands that only really mean something on one ride.  Plus, I think PKI is a little too obsessed with safety.

I can't believe that you'd actually say that PKI is TOO obsessed with safety. As far as I'm concerned you can never be too concerned when you are taking peoples lives in your hands.

Well, PKI has had a couple of unfortunate events, and they probably are strict on safety for this reason.

I think its cool CP got a Frisbee XL / Giant Frisbee. Its just a ride. They are buying a ride - not copying us. What defines a park is its ensemble of flats, roller coasters, transportation and observation rides, and water rides. Saying Delirium alone makes PKI PKI, is like saying that what makes Disney Disney is Pirates of the Carribbean. laugh.gif

Look at it this way, Cedar Point is landlocked. They had no other choice but to add a flat. Other than expanding out into the parking lot or tearing down other attractions the park is maxed out.

PKI on the other hand has a ton of room from what I have learned from people on this board. We have a new themed coaster this summer. and you know the commercial for it will blow the socks off CP's copy of Delirium.

CP's last 2 coasters have been minimum space attractions. Look at the land PKI used for the IJ.

I can't believe that you'd actually say that PKI is TOO obsessed with safety. As far as I'm concerned you can never be too concerned when you are taking peoples lives in your hands.

It just gets annoying when PKI has to shut a ride down and/or change all the restraints just because someone dies on a "similar" ride at a park about a 1000 miles away. Ironically, the accidents are usually not the restraints fault, but the guests'.

Plus, a perfect example of TOO safe: FOF. What's with all the "protection?" I worked on the ride for two years, and I could never figure out the purpose. Lap bar: necessary, feet bar: why, SOB doesn't need one, seatbelt: what's the point, in order for the bars to come up: 1) pressure would have to be applied on the bottom of the train cars mid-ride or 2) every mechanism in the seats breaks at once. The only thing all this does is restrict 1 in approximately every 60 riders from riding.

Conclusion: in some instances, I think PKI is a little too paranoid.

Plus, a perfect example of TOO safe: FOF. What's with all the "protection?" I worked on the ride for two years, and I could never figure out the purpose. Lap bar: necessary, feet bar: why, SOB doesn't need one, seatbelt: what's the point, in order for the bars to come up: 1) pressure would have to be applied on the bottom of the train cars mid-ride or 2) every mechanism in the seats breaks at once. The only thing all this does is restrict 1 in approximately every 60 riders from riding.

Would you rather them put back on the over the shoulder restraints?

I like the restraints the way they are now in comparison to the over the shoulder ones. My point is: why does the ride need the feet restraints and seatbelts? No one can properly answer this question. They serve no real function. Nobody is going to come out of their seat if you remove these two devices. You'd think working on this ride would help your understanding of it, but it doesn't. All it does is help you make up different answers (that obviously aren't true) when the guests ask what they're for.

The seatbelt thing is a Paramount thing I do believe. I could be wrong though. Personally, I feel more secure with a seatbelt attached ot my restraint. You know, "just in case."

As for the foot thing, it's been explained to me but I can't remember why. It serves a purpose, that much I do know.

"We expanded our waterpark, they build a waterpark. I hate that park. I'll bet they put in something themed next year."

That's not even copying. You can't compare the two of them becuase one is located in a hotel.

"Look at it this way, Cedar Point is landlocked. They had no other choice but to add a flat. Other than expanding out into the parking lot or tearing down other attractions the park is maxed out. "

Cedar Point is not running out of room. I'm guessing by your post that you think that CP will not build any more coasters since there's no room. I don't know where the link is, but if you have ever seen pictures of the peninsula from the air, you would see that there is still plenty of room. You can't go by their park map. That's misleading.

I was referring to the fly over pictures. I am also talking about CP taking away from the wetlands in the middle of the park to build more attractions. Other than the parking lots the park is locked. All the other space around it is either hotels or camping and more parking.

Trust me I love CP. That was the park of choice for my family when I was growing up. I just do not like making the 21/2 drive from Columbus. When I was old enough to drive PKI became my park of choice.

Mean Streak - worse than SoB IMO. Of course, it has been 4 years since I've ridden it...

I used to agree with this...I thought Mean Streak was the most painful coaster ever. However, I think they may have done some retracking over the last few years, because I rode it this Summer, and it wasn't nearly as bad. However, they still throw on the breaks half way down the first hill, so it's still a disappointment. The Texas Giant was built about the same time and is a similar coaster, but is such a better ride.

I think Mantis is now the most painful coaster, followed closely by SOB. (I put Mantis first because of the head banging...my ribs can take the beating better than my neck/head.)

I'm sure CP's Frisbee will do very well, and be a popular addition. I was actually hoping for a Jump2 or a Sky Swatter, because I think they look really cool and have never ridden either one. Plus, it would add a little more variety to Ohio's flat ride collection. (Although, someone over on Coasterbuzz says the Jump2 looks cool, but isn't really a great ride...)

Joel

In my opinion, Raging Wolf Bobs at Guaja Lake (or however u spell it) is the roughest coaster Ive ever been on. It was horrible and I was hurtin throughout the entire ride. Riding Son of Beast is cake compared to that.

And on the whole Delirium copy at Cedar Point, I think its a cheap shot. Thats all Im gonna say about that.

"And on the whole Delirium copy at Cedar Point, I think its a cheap shot. Thats all Im gonna say about that."

Cheap shot? Whatever. Did you think that Huss was only going to make rides for PKI? I guess you thought Intamin would never build a bigger ride than Dragster for another park? I'm sure that Huss would also jump at the chance to build another giant top spin or Frisbee at any other park. There in the business to make money. So, I guess everyone with a Bayern Curve or Rotor or Scarmbler or Monster type of rides are all copying each other.