What will Ceder Point get in 06'?

So we know that there getting MaXair in 05' but with Kinzel Retiring in 07' I think they will go out with a bang!!! I realy believe that they will look into a flier or possably a floorless! It will be awesome and I really think that they will put it where white water landing is. So that will populate that area again! cowboy.gif

I think that we will see a coaster in 2006. It will have been three years since Dragster this coming year, and we have heard about a flyer for a while now. I highly doubt it's a floorless because they have one of the best, Dominator, at Geauga Lake. The B&M flyer or a water coaster would be my guess. As for land, they have plenty. Besides the land left in the park and the parking lot, they own a hefty chunk on the mainland as well. I suspect that the unplanned, abrupt purchase of Geauga Lake prevented a new coaster from coming in 2005, but hey, what do I know. I do know this, Cedar Point can't afford to just sit by while PKI continues to improve by leaps and bounds. MaxAir will do ok because it's a great ride and many people up north haven't ridden one yet. As the 2005 season starts to wind down, construction will begin along with the hype.

They really don't have that much land in the actual park. I went there over 10 times this year and really they don't have that much space in the park itself. Now if they were to move the parking lot off the island and then shuttle you into the park they would have a fair amount of land considering the parking lot is large.

I think they will get a new coaster called Poseidon, that goes out into the water. It will be the tallest roller coaster in the world, at 512 feet, seven inches. It will be built by Intamin. A hydraulic launch will launch the rolling stock at 62.14 miles per hour. It will then climb up to the top of the 512 foot hill. It will do this, because it will have LSMs going all the way up the climb, so that the rolling stock does not loose speed until the top. After going over the top hat, and down the other side, it will drop back down, and reach 160 miles per hour. It will then go through a 300 foot loop. After a small mid course break run, it will do a huge helix, and some airtime hills. Then its back to the station.

Some cool features of this ride are the enclosed trains, the LSM tower and a heartline spin right above lake Erie.

rolleyes.gif

Actually, Cedar Point still has plenty of room. If you had an overhead view, you would see that. Someone once posted a link to something called terraserver and you could see a view from the air and there was lots of space. The latest rumor that I saw was for dueling flyers. I would love to see this happen.

I think they will get a new coaster called Poseidon, that goes out into the water. It will be the tallest roller coaster in the world, at 512 feet, seven inches. It will be built by Intamin. A hydraulic launch will launch the rolling stock at 62.14 miles per hour. It will then climb up to the top of the 512 foot hill. It will do this, because it will have LSMs going all the way up the climb, so that the rolling stock does not loose speed until the top. After going over the top hat, and down the other side, it will drop back down, and reach 160 miles per hour. It will then go through a 300 foot loop. After a small mid course break run, it will do a huge helix, and some airtime hills. Then its back to the station.

Some cool features of this ride are the enclosed trains, the LSM tower and a heartline spin right above lake Erie.

rolleyes.gif

laugh.giflaugh.gifjerry.gif

PKIBeast, could you show me a picture of a fly over. I mean I love Cedar Point and went there more this year than PKI, but it really dosen't seem like they have that much room, at least when your walking on the ground. If you had a picture to show I would like to see it cause I just don't know where all this room would be.

still, after Dragster, 2007 is kind of soon for another major coaster.

not really, Top Thrill Dragster (2003), Wicked Twister (2002), Millennium Force (2000), Woodstock Express (1999), Mantis (1996), Raptor (1994), Mean Streak (1991), Disaster Transport (1990), Magnum XL-200 (1989), Iron Dragon (1987), Jr. Gemini (1979), Gemini (1978), Corkscrew (1976), WildCat (1970), Cedar Creek Mine Ride (1969) and Blue Streak (1964). They are pretty consistant.

• 1 month later...