Kingda Ka!

Thanks for the update. I know that I won't be going that way to ride Ka, but I wouldn't mind. I think the bunny hill is what will make that ride. I've already experienced the rest. I also think the new area going with it looks pretty cool too.

I just read something very interesting. The top will have a brake that will slow down riders to about 15mph so they can get a view from the top. That was my main complaint about Dragster, other than ride duration. Once you get to the top, it's so fast going over, you don't really notice how high you are.

Link to the Article on topping off. Kingda Ka

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think no one mentioned about the brakes that start on the top of the second hill. Or the brake thats on top. I would like the brake up top but, I don't know about the brakes that start on the top of the second hill. I know the reason, but o well.

• 2 weeks later...

9 1/2 hours....way way way too far to travel for a Six Flags park. Kingda Ka has all the makings of a make or break ride for Six Flags. If it runs properly and they can move lines, than it makes them. That's if, because if the opposite happens (which it very well could) than Six Flags could be in some trouble. There is pretty much no difference between KK and TTD, except for a bunny hill that has a brake run on it. The extra 20 or so feet of height and few miles an hour that KK has really makes no difference when it comes to the ride experience.

9 1/2 hours....way way way too far to travel for a Six Flags park. Kingda Ka has all the makings of a make or break ride for Six Flags. If it runs properly and they can move lines, than it makes them. That's if, because if the opposite happens (which it very well could) than Six Flags could be in some trouble. There is pretty much no difference between KK and TTD, except for a bunny hill that has a brake run on it. The extra 20 or so feet of height and few miles an hour that KK has really makes no difference when it comes to the ride experience.

But its worth it for Great Adventure. :-) Medusa is a sweeeet ride. They have a lot of other good ones too. Skull Mountain is fun, Chiller, Batman, Superman: Ultimate Flight, etc. It would be worth it to make the long trip. Coasterdime and myself almost did last October, but ended up driving another 4 hours longer to SFNE. But I agree, Kingda Ka is an iffy installation. Not sure why they spent the money on it, when its needed in so many other places. Six Flags is much closer to bankruptcy than most realize, in fact I'd say expect some serious changes to the organization before the year is up.

- Todd