2022 Haunt attractions announced

BoddaH1994

19 hours ago, Timchat2 said:

When I saw the scope of the set for Off the Rails I was hoping this meant we would get NyteWalkers from California's Great America. It will be awesome to have another large production at International Showplace for Haunt!

Hopefully it will land better than Skeleton Crew did. I can’t put my finger on it, but it seemed like there were enough small misses for the show just to lack the energy that it needs for Haunt. Then again, they did have 15 minutes of a dude building a ladder… and he wore a harness to do it…

• Like 2

I'm hopeful that the larger layout of the Off the Rails set will help Nytewalkers avoid the constrained feeling that Skeleton Crew had. Admittedly the setup is smaller than Nytewalkers at CGA, which had a fairly wide layout since it is set up the plaza area behind their Carousel Columbia.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Timchat2 said:

I'm hopeful that the larger layout of the Off the Rails set will help Nytewalkers avoid the constrained feeling that Skeleton Crew had. Admittedly the setup is smaller than Nytewalkers at CGA, which had a fairly wide layout since it is set up the plaza area behind their Carousel Columbia.

It may work in their favor? I suppose we don’t know what we don’t know. 

Still, it’s not High School High or whatever that stupid show was… heck at least there IS a show… and a promising one, at that!

• Like 3

Does International Showplace have much of a lighting package at the moment? Presumably that will have to be stepped up considerably for Nytewalkers.

The show itself should be pretty solid, assuming it follows to template of the CGA production. While I enjoyed the total package of Off the Rails (stunts, singers, dancers and a light "story") Nytewalkers should be more like the traditional All Wheels show with a focus on stunt performers accompanied by dancers and a high-energy soundtrack. 

It should indeed be an upgrade from Haunted Homecoming. I'm sure the performers had fun (or at least I hope they did) but it wasn't the strongest Haunt show. 

• Like 2

Dead Awakenings, Hot Blooded, and Haunted Homecoming all had nighttime lighting packages in the International Showplace so they can add whatever lighting packages/effects that are required for the show.  My personal favorite Haunt show of all time was Dead Awakenings but that was very adult themed, especially the first night it premiered (but the water curtain for Hot Blooded was a cool effect to see in the International Showplace as well). 

• Like 4