End of daily operation

KIfan73

I always take note of this day every year - the first day Kings Island closes since they started daily operations in the spring.  For anyone that has worked there, or knows someone that has, what's it like?  I would think it would be kind of a shock to go from those hordes of people coming and going seven days a week, to nothing.  I also wonder if there are a lot of people (customers) that show up not knowing they're closed.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, KIfan73 said:

I always take note of this day every year - the first day Kings Island closes since they started daily operations in the spring.  For anyone that has worked there, or knows someone that has, what's it like?  I would think it would be kind of a shock to go from those hordes of people coming and going seven days a week, to nothing.  I also wonder if there are a lot of people (customers) that show up not knowing they're closed.  

"Sorry sir, we're closed.  The Snoopy out front should have told you." :) 

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, KIEagle33 said:

Although it is disappointing that the season is winding down, it is a reminder for us to look forward for the next season to come. Imagine if the park was open every day, all year round? We would have nothing to look forward to, and nothing to hope for.

Time to begin speculating what changes they'll make during the off-season! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, KIfan73 said:

It's quite jarring. I usually work evening shift and don't get in until around 2:30 and work until late at night. When the park is closed, I work a normal 9 - 5 type shift. It's hard to get used to. It's a weird feeling being so used to all of the rides and guest noise and getting used to the silence again. I've seen a few people show up, but I don't think it happens too often.

• Like 3

Kinda wish they would do a 10-8 days like Cedar Point until the end of August.  I just like knowing I can go over to the park anytime and take a long lunch, get a ride in to forget work for awhile.

But I guess we start our season earlier than CP.

• Like 2