Six Flags New England - Superman!!!

Rustbucket

I have not been to SFNE in over 10 years.  This park has one of my favorite steel coaster (#2 after Fury 325) that was known as Bizarro when I last visited here.  I had about 4 hours to spend here. 

I headed over to Superman the Ride (Bizarro) first.  This is quite probably the best Intamin designed coaster.  This coaster has everything that I look for on a coaster: extreme airtime, lateral, speed, intensity and re-ridable.  Even though this coaster is "only" 221 feet tall, I feel that this coaster is better than any other coaster except Fury 325.  Needless to say, this is my favorite hyper coaster. 

The latest Six Flags cookie cutter coaster is Joker.  I rode this at SFGAm last week and at SFNE (#417).  I think this one was slightly better than the one at SFGAm.  Not much difference between the two.  

Riddler's Revenge is the new name for old Mind Eraser which is Vekoma Invert.  Another cookie cutter design.  

Batman Dark Knight is a decent floorless coaster.  Dominator at KD is a far superior floorless.  I enjoy this one more than Kraken at SeaWorld Orlando or Rougarou at CP. 

Wicked Cyclone (#418) is quite good.  As with other RMC retrofit coasters, the restraint system is terrible and thus not comfortable.  This feels more like Twisted Cyclone than Steel Vengeance.   

I actually liked this Six Flags park.  The atmosphere felt much better than SFGAm last week.  It is entirely possible that shooting at SFGAm night before negatively impacted the park.  As I have done a few times, this park is worth visiting just for Superman alone. 

20220824_140631.jpg

20220824_154302.jpg

20220824_153410.jpg

20220824_140135.jpg

20220824_142744.jpg

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Rustbucket said:

I have not been to SFNE in over 10 years.  This park has one of my favorite steel coaster (#2 after Fury 325) that was known as Bizarro when I last visited here.  I had about 4 hours to spend here. 

I headed over to Superman the Ride (Bizarro) first.  This is quite probably the best Intamin designed coaster.  This coaster has everything that I look for on a coaster: extreme airtime, lateral, speed, intensity and re-ridable.  Even though this coaster is "only" 221 feet tall, I feel that this coaster is better than any other coaster except Fury 325.  Needless to say, this is my favorite hyper coaster. 

The latest Six Flags cookie cutter coaster is Joker.  I rode this at SFGAm last week and at SFNE (#417).  I think this one was slightly better than the one at SFGAm.  Not much difference between the two.  

Riddler's Revenge is the new name for old Mind Eraser which is Vekoma Invert.  Another cookie cutter design.  

Batman Dark Knight is a decent floorless coaster.  Dominator at KD is a far superior floorless.  I enjoy this one more than Kraken at SeaWorld Orlando or Rougarou at CP. 

Wicked Cyclone (#418) is quite good.  As with other RMC retrofit coasters, the restraint system is terrible and thus not comfortable.  This feels more like Twisted Cyclone than Steel Vengeance.   

I actually liked this Six Flags park.  The atmosphere felt much better than SFGAm last week.  It is entirely possible that shooting at SFGAm night before negatively impacted the park.  As I have done a few times, this park is worth visiting just for Superman alone. 

Glad you had a good time!  I really enjoy this park.  I first went as a part of an 8-day/10-park trip back around 2001 when Superman was still new.  I FLIPPED over it and it easily took my top steel spot where it has remained ever since.  I re-rode it as recently as July 2018, and it still remains at the top.

The park is very Six Flags at this point.  But it still have several charming pieces/holdovers from its heyday as Riverside... the carousel and Thunderbolt are maintained very well and are the two most charming rides in the park.

Here's a pic from my first visit in 2001... It sure is a beauty...

Superman SFNE.jpg

• Like 3