Roller Coasters of 2005

With four Major roller coasters coming out this year, the coaster I look most forward to is Hydra the Revenge. Kingda Ka looks awsome but it is nothing I have not experienced (TTD). Hades looks okay but it seems like any other wooden coaster. SheiKra is something I would love to ride but comes second to Hydra the Revenge. This ride being unique, thrilling, and awsome makes me choose Hydra the Revenge.

What roller coaster do you look most forward to other than IJST in 2005?

My pick would have to be, Hydra: The Revenge. SheiKra, it looks awesome as well. It's unique, and should bring one hell of a thrill. Hades, it's nothing new, just another woody. As for Kingda Ka, I prefer Top Thrill Dragster.

^I see your point. But from looking at both rides you would have to admit that KK looks as if it will beat TTD in every aspect. TTD was built purely for speed and height and sence KK is faster, taller, better themed, and has the second hill so for a ride that's only purpose is speed I don't see how KK couldn't be better.

• 2 weeks later...
^I'm not saying taller or faster is better at all. I find lots of slower smaller rides better than some of the monsters. I'm just saying when it comes down to TTD or KK thats just about all that matters considering the speed and height are the only point of the coaster.

That is not completly true you are forgeting the theming and story behind the ride plus the extrme launches.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Paramount's Kings Dominion is way better and Busch Gardens. I mean PKD has 8 more coasters than Busch Gardens. PKD beats BGW and most people do perfer Kings Dominion. If you ever visit VA go to PKD because you don't know what your missin'. Volcano, The Blast Coaster beats BGW's @$$! PKD gets a thrill ride this year and i have ridden it. (Tomb Raider: Firefall) BGW is getting a slow dark ride... wow... but it does look FUN. Plus BGW is an oldies park while pkd is a teen and family park. My vote it to PKD! biggrin.gif OH YEAH! CLICK HERE to see Tomb Raider: Firefall pics that I took! Hope you enjoy em'!

Well for me, I am most looking forward to IJST, simply because PKI will be the only park I get to visit this year, with the possible exception of Holiday World. I definantly think IJST will be a fun ride, and that the gp, will really enjoy the ride (which will undoubtedly have huge lines). The difference in height and speed between TTD and Kingda Ka will be insignificant, IMO, becuase of how high their speeds and heights are already.

I don`t think that would be awesome. It wouldn`t fit in with PKI. And besides why spend close to $30 million on a ride like that when they could buy a HUSS giant ride, and an expansion for Nick Central? Which would provide a greater Return on investment, be more popular with a larger demographic and provide greater capacity to the park?