2023 Offseason Speculation/Work

Coasterteam

11 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

Not that I’m aware of, I think they’ve just said “spring.” But I seriously doubt it will be open, or at the very least finished. 

Tbh I feel like the most we could see on opening day is the rides open along with restaurants and pavers complete. I think theming will be added more as the season goes on mainly during the week of weekend operations in April/May. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

Not that I’m aware of, I think they’ve just said “spring.” But I seriously doubt it will be open, or at the very least finished. 

End of January 20152FD93C49-1D95-4D0A-9CC7-7396812028CD.jpeg

Middle of February 2015

0B9AE97A-9E72-4A26-BD7B-FC83105461F8.jpeg

Granted the flying scooters needed more installation time because of their unique connections between vehicles and structure, but the park is fine.

The rides being installed are designed to be set up in days. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Tbh I feel like the most we could see on opening day is the rides open along with restaurants and pavers complete. I think theming will be added more as the season goes on mainly during the week of weekend operations in April/May. 

That's still quite a lot of work to be done. I'm not seeing this as an Opening Date option.

Based on images that exist online. As per TOS won't link source 

• Like 1

I really hope Adventure Port is ready for opening day and if someone would like to fill me in on the reasons it wouldn't/the projects that still need to be completed I'd appreciate it. In my mind I don't see how assembling a few flats (which takes only a few days) and finishing the ques and walking paths could take very long. They have already repainted some of the buildings and as for AdEx they have kept it kind of hushed so I'm not sure what is going on there. 

I know this isn't 1971/72 but I believe that they moved all of the Coney Island flats, Bavarian Beetle coaster, Skyride, and Log Flume to KI in about a months time and then spent the next 5-6 months assembling it all. If they could do that 50 years ago I just can't see how two flats, refresh on restaurants/area theming, and enhancement on a coaster could take all that long....

• Like 1

I think the majority of AP will be ready, there might be some details that are added later.  The flats may have tech downtimes, like any new ride does.  It's an important connection between AZ and TAFKACM, so the hardscape should be complete.  It might look like a mess now, but when land is raw and utilities are (likely) being replaced/rerouted, but once this is over, new hardscape goes quickly.  Landscaping will likely be sparse at opening, like it usually is parkwide, because of the time of year.

Kings Island is usually good at meeting deadlines, so I think all will be good.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

End of January 2015

Middle of February 2015

Granted the flying scooters needed more installation time because of their unique connections between vehicles and structure, but the park is fine.

The rides being installed are designed to be set up in days. 

The theme package over there was no more than signage. Not an accurate comparison to a full retheme including a new queue for AE.

• Like 3

Just cause I am bored I am just watching the Planet Snoopy camera, they are pressure washing in front of the Petting Zoo/Character Picture/Gak Theater and someone is inspecting the tracks for the kids train, which really needs some new concrete. Pretty sure that train ride had the same concrete track pads from when I rode it back when it was a peddle car.

Also an extended crane is out in the parking lot, new parking lights?

Also also, I just noticed they took the entirety of Space Buggies out. I knew it was essentially just sitting on leveling screws, but I am surprised they actually removed the whole thing I guess for maintenance work.

It am getting entirely too excited about being able to visit the park and having my kids be tall enough to finally not spend 60% of my time in Planet Snoopy

• Like 4

Racer's repaint didn't start until the beginning of March last year so it's not out of the relm of possibility that they're focusing on other projects first. The downside is, we may see a later opening for DB or it'll be like Racer where they get sections painted as the season goes on. 

Racer’s repaint won’t be completed for a couple more years. The new wood from GG needs 2 years before it can be painted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Oldschool75 said:

Racer’s repaint won’t be completed for a couple more years. The new wood from GG needs 2 years before it can be painted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The GG wood installed in 2021 was painted a year later in 2022.

• Like 2

I'm assuming they'll do the Blue side return next offseason, and paint it after that's completed. That adds up to the entire ride, except for the brakes/station/lift and top of the split hill having been retracked from the ledgers up since 2018, starting with GCI doing the turnarounds.

• Like 4

I've also been watching the webcams and it looks like they're still pressure spraying in Planet Snoopy. They're next to space buggies right now. It's cool seeing the rides being dismantled! I'm wondering what all is going on in Action Zone though. It'd be nice to have a camera over there but I guess that would ruin the surprise!

Screenshot_20230313-114728_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

One thing I hope Kings Island does over the off-season is install new water canons for guests to use at White Water Canyon. I missed them last season.

I dread to see how much money I will spend if they move to a tap to pay system since they don't do cash anymore and I can't keep telling my kids "I don't have quarters"

• Haha 7

22 hours ago, Stoan said:

I dread to see how much money I will spend if they move to a tap to pay system since they don't do cash anymore and I can't keep telling my kids "I don't have quarters"

That is a really good idea. Some kids have tap to pay in their phone to use as allowance or spending money for food and drinks. I could see kids using some of that fund at the canons. 

• Like 2

Hopefully Adventure Port will be finished sometime by this Summer but I have heard there are delays going on which resulted in having Adventure Port not open and has construction team continue to work so that means it will be extended wait until May at best....but I know I was a bit disappointed with the fact Adventure Port won't be open on time and won't be open anytime soon until May or whenever construction is finished whichever comes first in order to have the Grand Opening Celebration take place at a later date.....Time will only tell....  The reason why construction is being extended due to delays and having to install the new rides they will put in which is also another matter along with Mercado.

• Like 2

I am starting to question if Diamondback will be ready for Opening Day. I drive past Kings Island every once in a while, and it appears that no progress has been made on Diamondback’s repaint in a few weeks. The lift hill supports are still yellow at the top, and the drop is still two shades of red (half of it being the older color). No other hills appear to have been touched at all. It looked the exact same the first week of March. I know that crews could be focused on painting sections of the ride lower to the ground, but there are only so many elements that cannot be seen above the tree line. Right now, it seems like 90% of the ride still needs fresh paint, which seems like it poses a threat to Diamondback opening in less than 30 days.

• Like 1