Six Flags over Georgia 8/28/2022

Rustbucket

My son and I visited SFoG on 8/28/2022.  This is our "home" SF park and visit here about once a month. Unfortunately, Acrophobia is closed for the day.  

Twisted Cyclone always opens early before the park officially opens.  This RMC is one of the better ones.  These smaller RMC retrofit coasters are much more re-ridable than larger ones.  

Dare Devil dive coaster capacity is very low so that wait time is normally quite long.  I always try to ride this early.  

Mindbender is my favorite Schwarzkopf coaster over Scorpion at BGT, Revolution at SFMM or Sooperdooperlooper at Hershey. This is much smoother since refurbishment in 2021.

I love Goliath.  This almost hyper B&M coaster has been growing on me.  I love the double helix and triple airtime hills at the end.  This coaster is getting somewhat rattly.  

Batman the Ride and Superman Ultimate Flight are clones of the rides at other SF parks.  I do find this Batman to be more intense than others for some reason. 

Great American Scream Machine was retracted this year and much smoother.  I wish they kepted 3 row PTC trains for this coaster.  Nevertheless, this is an enjoyable wooden coaster.  

This park needs some TLC and in need for a new coaster.  Many rides need new paint job.  One positive is that it was cleaner than my other visits to this park.  This park certainly has potential.  There are some unique coasters along with good flat rides.  They do need to expand the kiddie section.  

20220828_112243.jpg

20220828_103622.jpg

20220828_112529.jpg

20220828_122631.jpg

20220828_130826.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I was just there on 10/9/22. Love the park and Mindbender is second only to Shockwave at SFOT in Arlington when it comes to Schwarzkopf coasters I've ridden. Idk why the GA Batman is so crazy but it's definitely got more speed/whip in those inversions. The Superman is the best of all the clones because it was built for GA plot of land. Overall nice park and I FINALLY got to ride the Monster Mansion - one of the most bizarre dark rides ever! 

I have not been to Six Flags Over Georgia since I was a very small child. I don't really remember much about my visit there. I really need to make a trip there. It is definitely on my bucket list of parks to visit.

Also, I enjoyed your trip report and you took some great pics.