Your Kentucky Kingdom 10 year plan

11 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I just want to hear what people have to say considering Kentucky Kingdom is under new ownership with Herschend and there are several avenues they an choose to go down.

I would hope that Kentucky Kingdom can get a Solid B&M invert or wing sometime down the road. But they probably would need more attendance first. So I guess I can see it in the next ten years or fifteen years.

• Like 1

I am guessing a waterpark expansion is coming first.  (Mt. Slide Hai, Deluge, and T3 can be removed to make room for this)

Once the road running through the park is removed by the Kentucky State Fair Board, I would like to see some new Vekoma coasters added.  Maybe a Super Boomerang, Tilt coaster, or a launch coaster.

Super Boomerang at Fantawild:

spacer.png

Tilt Coaster:

spacer.png

Launch coaster:

spacer.png

Kentucky State Fair Board proposal:

spacer.png

• Like 3

If you asked me 10 years ago what my 10 year plan was I would have said scrap yard. Today? Probably looking at a waterslide complex in the not so distant future, maybe a smaller launch coaster back where the arena is currently. Otherwise I don't see the big plans other people do, as it stands the park has a small height variance; and it has yet to see any new land leases from the fair grounds. With that being said, under Herschend I would not be surprised if they started to poke and prod at maybe buying up property around the park to expand or negotiate the terms of the land agreement. With a big name behind a small park expansion, I don't think it's too far off to explore those options in the next 10 years.

• Like 2

Overall I would like to see more park improvements like landscaping and some light theming. The area between Storm Chaser and Roller Skater to me looks much better than the rest of the park due to the trees. Would love to see more planted along with other more basic landscaping. A lot of the front half feels like rides on concrete and that is it and the back half is concrete path with some grass around rides.

I would also remove T3 and the old showspace by it to open up more land for additional rides. Would like to see the dragster area where Eye of the Storm is located get removed and cleaned up, then add in the RMC Raptor coaster they were supposed to get there. 

Also not sure how feasible it is but if the picnic grove coudl be moved somewhere else, either behind the flume or behind Lightning Run with the swinging ship relocated. This would allow more rides to be built in that space t connect Kentucky Flyer, the star flyer and ferris wheel with other stuff. Right now they just feel so off on their own due to the waterpark.

Would like to see a dark ride added. Outside of rides I think just more festivals throughout the year would enhance it. I agree with others as well that overall a more family friendly themed park would be best too as they have a lot of restrictions on land and height so would be hard to build many massive coasters, but have a good variety with Lightning Run, Storm Chaser, and a Raptor for thrilling coasters too.

• Like 1