Seasonal Overlays for rides

SonofBaconator

Wholeheartedly. Honestly I have NO IDEA why they don’t do this. Especially for haunt. Could market as a event “add” with minimal operating outlay beyond the initial installation. Heck -Winterfest has shown they have no problem leaving unused lighting equipment in place year round, so just activate it at 6pm on haunt nights. Music. Lighting, propping could all be added to enhance. Imagine digital mapping in the tunnels of Adventure Express or glowing red lights in the woods along The Beast tracks. 

• Like 1

Simple lighting and projections things would go a long way as some mentioned.

Flight of Fear being enhanced for Haunt especially would be great. Add a couple scare actors in the queue and some projections. Could do projections for Winterfest as well if installing equipment anyway. New projections for Mystic Timbers as well in the shed. Create a couple new monsters to attack based on the holidays.

Train would be really easy. Love to see something for both. They have done stuff before for Winterfest (not sure if they still do), but add a ghost story element for Haunt as well. Think there is something about how many days it can operate though so if can't do both I'd save it for Winterfest as it doesn't have as many attractions.

Boo Blasters could just get seasonal décor added to the interior, decorate the mansion for the holidays. Did like in the past when they had scare actors in it during Haunt as well. The same for the Antique Autos. Seasonal decorations for both holidays, maybe have zombie scare actors roaming around the grassy areas as it's next to Killmart during Haunt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teenageninja said:

Didn't they change the name to Flight of Cheer a few years ago?

Name only. Great poster design but did nothing beyond that. Could’ve been a whole story about how Santa partners with aliens to deliver all the presents in one night. Even do some silhouette projection in the queue of Santa loading gifts into crates with alien helpers. Do a crazy transsiberian orch soundtrack with lasers and lights in tyy by e spaghetti bowl. Have the final brake run be a projected blizzard as you return to earth. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, purdude86 said:

Simple lighting and projections things would go a long way as some mentioned.

Flight of Fear being enhanced for Haunt especially would be great. Add a couple scare actors in the queue and some projections. Could do projections for Winterfest as well if installing equipment anyway. New projections for Mystic Timbers as well in the shed. Create a couple new monsters to attack based on the holidays.

Train would be really easy. Love to see something for both. They have done stuff before for Winterfest (not sure if they still do), but add a ghost story element for Haunt as well. Think there is something about how many days it can operate though so if can't do both I'd save it for Winterfest as it doesn't have as many attractions.

Boo Blasters could just get seasonal décor added to the interior, decorate the mansion for the holidays. Did like in the past when they had scare actors in it during Haunt as well. The same for the Antique Autos. Seasonal decorations for both holidays, maybe have zombie scare actors roaming around the grassy areas as it's next to Killmart during Haunt.

I’d venture that all those you mentioned WITHOUT payroll of scare actors will STILL be a great add and not increase operating costs much beyond the initial investment and minimal time to switch out. Most are all lighting effects, or could  literally be stored on site out of line of sight on the ride. Heck, even crazy demented carnival music and glitching lights in the brake tunnel of Racer would help. 

• Like 1

They used to do this during the days of FearFest with Boo Blasters. I wish they'd continue this tradition, especially with rides like the Train or Antique Autos. Ideally, I'd love for actors to hang out and scare folks or bring holiday cheer in various scenes during the train ride. Even some subtle overlays - maybe different lighting or projections - would look awesome. If all else fails, during Haunt, have a couple of scare actors jumpscare us in the queue...

• Like 1

No on lights in woods around Beast, would be cool though but would ruin a good part of the night rides. The ride already "roars" through the woods, especially in the tunnels. The intense squeals of the cars as it rounds the turn, it's riders making noise, and the wind in your face combined with the lack of sight generates a sense that you don't get to experience all that often. 

Fog in the woods during the day would be a benefit, but no lights at night unless you are super scarce in using them. (like tunnel entrances)

I know it'll never happen but I will continue to talk about it; *inhale* custom Beast soundtrack.