2022 & 2023 Additions and Improvements Notice

MrSourNinja

On 10/4/2022 at 9:11 PM, Benjamin22 said:

Why is that? 

The ride manufacturers are always deeply involved in the rides’ maintenance. For example, when DB got the new padding on the seats, B&M was involved. If a motor is replaced, the manufacturer signs off on it, perhaps even overseeing the installation. If B&M, GCI, or to perhaps a lesser extent Zamperla, had a major project in the park it is reasonable to assume that we would know about it by now. 

Random thought.  If, (I said IF) there is a new coaster install for 2024, or whenever the next large coaster install happens, the park should do more "mini" type announcements.  Seems like when Orion was built there was a decent amount of teasers, which I wouldn't change, but maybe have a partial reveal on a couple of different dates with fun games, etc... to help drive attendance.  When Orion was going up, it was pretty obvious early on that a large coaster was going into that space they were clearing, maybe in mid June after schools are out you have a "reveal the manufacturer" announcement, then in late July you have a "reveal the type of coaster announcement" the finally in August you get the POVs, stats and name of the ride.  Seems like with a little creativity you could really ramp up the hype with some fun events around the construction.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I still think Banshee’s marketing strategy was the best in how there were clues and different things put in place to throw people off before the reveal itself 

Or with Mystic Timbers with the "doggone it did the cat get out of the bag" or "stumped?!" Or "ride sally ride" with Diamondback

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coasterteam said:

All I can say is once there are odd posters near Vortex you can bet the rumors will start to run absolutely wild 

when these posters will appear is obviously still up for debate 

And that is if it ends up going in The Vortex plot. It very well could go in Action Zone. We'll see though. 

• Like 4

Something I just saw when it comes to Daniels Woodland is that they also do playgrounds. Ik this may sound like a stretch, but I think Planet Snoopy could use a nice playground for kids to play on when they're not off riding rides. CP has one in Forbidden Frontier and I believe Carowinds has one in their Camp Snoopy. Dollywood has a nice indoor one in Wildwood Grove. Looking at some of these pictures on their website, they look to have nice theming to them. You could do a nice one with theming to fit Planet Snoopy. I don't think it would be too expensive and likely wouldn't take too long to install. You could easily put one in the current Peanuts Galley/old petting zoo area.

https://www.danielswoodland.com/playgrounds/index.html

Also another thing is Jack Rouse seems to do Interactive Experiences/Themed areas. Looking at their website, they did Steelers Country at Kennywood, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Crayola Experience in Easton Pennsylvania, and most recently the Dallas Mavericks interactive experience at the Texas State Fair. 

https://www.jackrouse.com/

Based on all this, could we maybe seeing our version of Cedar Point's Forbidden Frontier? Time will tell. I'm starting to feel that this is an unannounced thing for 2023 as I feel as if for 2024, they would've listed 2024 along with 22 and 23 kinda like the one for Orion where it said "2018, 2019, and 2020 additions and modifications to Kings Island Park". We'll see though. We're likely in for an interesting off-season ahead. 

• Like 5

A playground would be cool; back in the day there was one in the (Nickelodeon) Green Slime Zone area of the park. I fondly remember this as a child and was surprised when one day, it disappeared.

A similar interactive experience to Forbidden Frontier would be great too. For me, one of the best parts of Haunt is interacting with the unique characters in the mazes and midways and I loved Forbidden Frontier when I went up to CP in 2019.

1 hour ago, MDMC01 said:

A playground would be cool; back in the day there was one in the (Nickelodeon) Green Slime Zone area of the park. I fondly remember this as a child and was surprised when one day, it disappeared.

The giant multi-level structure that got taken out to build Reptar? Yeah, that thing was awesome.

• Like 1

With the announcement today basically confirming zamperla’s work being in 2023 additions (I know this doesn’t guarantee no zamperla additions in 2024, but it makes it far less likely). I think the chance of 2024 being a coaster only goes up now. 

I cannot wait for some physical progress on these additions. 

• Like 5

• 11 months later...
On 10/1/2022 at 12:40 AM, MrSourNinja said:

Hey Yall!

It's that time of the year again. The 2022 and 2023 additions and improvements notice has been filed with Warren County. Please see below for the first page of the document. 

What stands out to everyone so far? Obviously, the big standout here, for me, is once again B&M. We saw them listed on the 2018 notice and that ended up being Orion (announced in 2019). This time around though, I think it is very possible this could be maintenance work and maybe not so much a new ride. Of course, the possibility will always be there.

Let's Discuss!

image.png

Looking back at the 2022-2023 Improvement notice there doesn’t seem to be Vekoma listed on here which is very interesting with Snoop’s Soap Box Racers coming next year. 

One more thing I wanted to point out. O’Rourke wrecking company is on there as well. I would keep my eyes peeled Tommorow morning because both Firehawk and Vortex were announced to be removed on September 27th 2018 and 2019.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Orion742 said:

Looking back at the 2022-2023 Improvement notice there doesn’t seem to be Vekoma listed on here which is very interesting with Snoop’s Soap Box Racers coming next year. 

One more thing I wanted to point out. O’Rourke wrecking company is on there as well. I would keep my eyes peeled Tommorow morning because both Firehawk and Vortex were announced to be removed on September 27th 2018 and 2019.

Vekoma likely isn't on there because SSBR is a 2024 addition and this pertains to 2022-2023.

I'd also like to add that it seems apparent that some companies on there like B&M and GCI appear to be leftover from previous notice of commencements, so O'Rourke being on there might be a result of that as well or they might've been contracted to demolish Slingshot last year. Also, Kings Island has not been teasing any sort of removal for a coaster as far as I'm aware.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, WoodVengeance said:

Vekoma likely isn't on there because SSBR is a 2024 addition and this pertains to 2022-2023.

I'd also like to add that it seems apparent that some companies on there like B&M and GCI appear to be leftover from previous notice of commencements, so O'Rourke being on there might be a result of that as well or they might've been contracted to demolish Slingshot last year. Also, Kings Island has not been teasing any sort of removal for a coaster as far as I'm aware.

If the construction on SSBR was to start in 2023 Vekoma would have to be on 2022-2023 right? Correct me if I am wrong I may be getting confused.

21 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

If the construction on SSBR was to start in 2023 Vekoma would have to be on 2022-2023 right? Correct me if I am wrong I may be getting confused.

I admit I'm not an expert on this type of stuff, but this is just what I've observed from reading the last serveral Notice of Commencements. The Notice that was filed back in 2018 that pertained to the construction of Orion was labeled 2018-2020, which would make sense since the duration of construction would've taken place during that period of time. If SSBR was on that Notice from last year, I feel it would make more sense to have it labeled as 2022-2024, not 2022-2023. It's possible Kings Island didn't have SSBR fully planned out yet during this time last year, hence why it may have been excluded.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, WoodVengeance said:

I admit I'm not an expert on this type of stuff, but this is just what I've observed from reading the last serveral Notice of Commencements. The Notice that was filed back in 2018 that pertained to the construction of Orion was labeled 2018-2020, which would make sense since the duration of construction would've taken place during that period of time. If SSBR was on that Notice from last year, I feel it would make more sense to have it labeled as 2022-2024, not 2022-2023. It's possible Kings Island didn't have SSBR fully planned out yet during this time last year, hence why it may have been excluded.

I’m not an expert myself lol I’m just a KI and coaster enthusiast. Maybe KI will file another notice here soon. As the 2022-2023 is labeled 9/27/22.

1 hour ago, WoodVengeance said:

They haven’t done any teasing that I know of. Although it was the day before the Camp Snoopy announcement that we knew we were getting something next year so I wouldn’t be surprised if there was no teasing for a coaster removal. With a new boomerang coaster on the way in 2024 I just think the data is there and I would definitely not be surprised to see Invertigo close this year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

I’m not an expert myself lol I’m just a KI and coaster enthusiast. Maybe KI will file another notice here soon. As the 2022-2023 is labeled 9/27/22.

Possibly, though I doubt it would tell us anything new if it's just for 2023-2024 as we already know what's coming next year. The notice of commencement that was filed last year was posted before Adventure Port was officially announced, and we had a bit of speculation on it as Zamperla was listed as a company on it.

Now, if we get a new notice of commencement that's labeled for 2023-2025, that would be a different scenario, especially if a new ride manufacturer is listed on it.

• Like 2

From my understanding, Notice of Commencements are filed around the time a new project is starting construction and contain all companies contracted for the project and all other companies the park currently has contracted for other miscellaneous projects. Usually these documents are not filed until closer to when construction starts. The Notice of Commencement filed in 2018 was for Kings Mills Antique Autos specifically but probably also for the early phases of Orion because construction had to start early on that with the removal of Firehawk and land clearing. However, the Notice of Commencement filed in December of 2019 was for the bulk of the Orion project. The last Notice of Commencement was filed for the Adventure Port project and other miscellaneous 2022 and 2023 improvements. A new Notice of Commencement must have to soon be filed for the Camp Snoopy project and other miscellaneous 2023 and 2024 improvements. Where is gets interesting is if the Notice of Commencement is for 2023, 2024, and 2025, but that would probably only be the case if there was a massive new addition coming in 2025 that required construction to start early next year.

2 hours ago, WoodVengeance said:

It's possible Kings Island didn't have SSBR fully planned out yet during this time last year, hence why it may have been excluded.

It honestly wouldn't shock me if the park chose the family boomerang last minute bc they saw Holiday World was getting one so they were like: "oh that looks cool, lets get one of our own and make it different enough from that". Ik there was rumors about us getting a ride like Snoopy's Racing Railway. Maybe the park was originally planning that, but saw the family boomerang as an option and liked the idea more. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Orion742 said:

They haven’t done any teasing that I know of. Although it was the day before the Camp Snoopy announcement that we knew we were getting something next year so I wouldn’t be surprised if there was no teasing for a coaster removal. With a new boomerang coaster on the way in 2024 I just think the data is there and I would definitely not be surprised to see Invertigo close this year.

Furthermore, no teasing was done for Vortex’s removal. Just a blog post and social media posts on the morning of September 27th, 2019 announcing its removal.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

It honestly wouldn't shock me if the park chose the family boomerang last minute bc they saw Holiday World was getting one so they were like: "oh that looks cool, lets get one of our own and make it different enough from that". Ik there was rumors about us getting a ride like Snoopy's Racing Railway. Maybe the park was originally planning that, but saw the family boomerang as an option and liked the idea more. 

That's what I was thinking. My speculation was that Kings Island knew they wanted to do a Camp Snoopy overhaul for the back portion of Planet Snoopy and also wanted to put in a new family coaster to round out the expansion, but they didn't know which specific coaster type or manufacturer they were going to go with yet. Multiple choices were probably laid out on the table, including a clone of Snoopy's Racing Railway at CW, but ultimately decided on the Vekoma family boomerang. Personally I like the idea of Vekoma Family Boomerang more than SRR so It's completely fine with me, and it might also open the door for Cedar Fair to do more projects with Vekoma later down the pipeline.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Orion13 said:

That was for Firehawk in 2018. Unfortunately, Vortex didn’t receive a funeral ):

https://x.com/kingsislandpr/status/1045782417972301829?s=46

Firehawk’s funeral was more of a marketing ploy to hype what was to come down the road. KI didn’t give Vortex a funeral because they more than likely weren’t trying to draw attention to it considering that there wasn’t a replacement lined up for it.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Firehawk’s funeral was more of a marketing ploy to hype what was to come down the road. KI didn’t give Vortex a funeral because they more than likely weren’t trying to draw attention to it considering that there wasn’t a replacement lined up for it.

Right. If a park goes out of its way to hype up a coaster removal, it probably means they have a replacement ready for it.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Orion13 said:

Furthermore, no teasing was done for Vortex’s removal. Just a blog post and social media posts on the morning of September 27th, 2019 announcing its removal.

There was a funeral for Vortex I’m pretty sure. If there was a funeral to be set up for a coaster removal, the park is currently closed and something like that could easily be set up before the park is open this weekend. I’m not saying that I think Invertigo will definitely close and I hope it stays around but I wouldn’t be surprised to see the park say goodbye tomorrow.

• Like 2