New KI Capital Announcememt TOMORROW!! 10/19/22

scoriell

2 minutes ago, Kenban said:

After Carowinds and Kings Dominion announcements, I predict it’s just year round operations starting weekends in January.

Yeah, don't see any new major capital investments being added in 2023 as they would've been announced during all the other parks announcements. 

• Like 1

Well it appears they are trying to hire year round restaurant staff. Maybe they are going to try year round operations.6A39BE28-4209-4F3F-8CB9-BB538E9B2717.thumb.png.c2fba9429d10b88ad150b8bd1a7bcae3.png

I have a gut feeling that IR may reopen and be year round. A way to generate some off season profits. Maybe even just IS opening for food and shopping??? But I think some changes are coming from what I’ve been witnessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm gonna stand by the year-round calendar, pretty confident it'll be that. 

Unless that NOC from earlier last month is actually an indicator of something, this'll be interesting. 

If something major does get announced like a new ride it'd be very surprising given the lack of any media hype surrounding it until the last minute.

• Like 1

NEW FOR 2023 Top Thrill Dragster! :lol:

After KD, CGA, and C adding yearly operation especially KD announcing it today this make me very intrigued. I don't know if there could really be any ride or restaurant additions that are big, yearly operation is a pretty huge thing. Though my question is, why didn't KD hype theirs up. This certainly is a strange time for any BIG physical additions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I for one would be shocked to see year round operations. The climate / winter here is a whole lot different than that of Virginia and thr Carolinas. 

If we're going year round my expectation would be it would be for restaurants / shopping and maybe a dinner show or something in the festhaus and KI Theatre. Maybe something  Cirque like? Our attraction lineup isn't well suited for winter ops in my opinion. 

I'm also not expecting any major new attraction announcement as there has been zero indication of ground clearing anywhere. 

I'm on the small flat / Waterpark announcement. Haven't had either since 2016 (unless you count auto's as a flat)

• Like 4

I doubt the announcement is only for year-round operations if at all. If the announcement was just year-round operations, it would have been made today like with Carowinds and Kings Dominion. I suspect we will see a new Zamperela flat ride or two in Oktoberfest with a potential overhaul of the whole area. I think we could see an overhaul of the whole area because companies like Daniels Wood Land and Jack Rouse Associates were listed on the most recent Notice of Commencement. However, those companies could be contracted out for a 2024 project.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Voicetek said:

I was really hoping for them to continue the Phantom Theater trend after the Encore show. Unfortunately, I think that ship has sailed at this point. I'd still love to see a retheme of Boo Blasters. After 12 years, it's time to move on.

With the development cost of Phantom, I think it’ll come back. It’s not uncommon for their shows to run two years.

56 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

I have a gut feeling that IR may reopen and be year round. A way to generate some off season profits. Maybe even just IS opening for food and shopping??? But I think some changes are coming from what I’ve been witnessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As awesome as that would be, the full time food thing is for a different purpose. The business direction of Cedar Fair is to have a general manager at most food locations. This person will be responsible for hiring, training, and retaining associates, among other things for that location.

I am not offering insight as to whether or not any year-round stuff is happening, but I am saying that it is not an indication of that. 

• Like 2

If the announcement was for year-round operations, it would have likely been announced today along with Carowinds and Kings Dominion’s announcements. I am not ruling out the announcement of year round operations as Kings Island could be waiting to announce year-round operations alongside a 2023 capital investment tomorrow. I just don’t think year-round operations will be the main announcement tomorrow if announced at all.

• Like 1

Most likely year round operation announcement, but could be a big gamble with unpredictable Midwest winter weather and winter ride maintenance in the park.  KD in their announcement today just made a short disclaimer about their year round operations - Weather conditions and scheduled maintenance will limit the operation of some park attractions.”

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, specialk141 said:

I for one would be shocked to see year round operations. The climate / winter here is a whole lot different than that of Virginia and thr Carolinas. 

If we're going year round my expectation would be it would be for restaurants / shopping and maybe a dinner show or something in the festhaus and KI Theatre. Maybe something  Cirque like? Our attraction lineup isn't well suited for winter ops in my opinion. 

I'm also not expecting any major new attraction announcement as there has been zero indication of ground clearing anywhere. 

I'm on the small flat / Waterpark announcement. Haven't had either since 2016 (unless you count auto's as a flat)

Richmond, VA does average 11 inches of snow a year, so it’s possible they’ll consider year round for us too. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Winterfestguy said:

Most likely year round operation announcement, but could be a big gamble with unpredictable Midwest winter weather and winter ride maintenance in the park.  KD in their announcement today just made a short disclaimer about their year round operations - Weather conditions and scheduled maintenance will limit the operation of some park attractions.”

Yeah, its most likely a year-round operation announcement, but the fact that it tells us to speculate makes me wonder. 

Edited by KIEagle33
Forgot a letter.
  • Like 1